Data Validation in Shared Workbook

I set up a shared workbook that included some data validation.  Now I
need to add an additional valid value but when I go to Tools, Share
Workbook, Editing I cannot turn off "Allow changes....) so that I can
change the validation.   It is OK if I lose the change history up to
this point.

Any ideas why this option is disabled?

Thanks!

--
susieqhersh
susieqhersh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26887

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If the workbook is protected, this option won't be available.

To turn off protection, choose Tools>Protection >Unprotect Shared Workbook

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

EXCEL Mask for data entry
I don't have MS Access but I want to create an Access type Entry Mask for the entry of data into appropriate cells within a background work sheet. I want to create this as a simple entry form for non Excel users. The form would have 6 column and there would be a need for a look up table so when I entered an equipment asset number, its appropriate serial number would auto insert? Am I being too hopeful that such a facility exists within Excel? If by chance it does, where would I look for instructions? Hopefully Bill This is very possible in Excel but there are a few things to unde...

Problems opening Workbook
Hi All, My Problem is that when I try to open my Accounts workbook I have this notice appear:- "! Too Many Different Cell Formats". Then the workbook will not open. If I could open the workbook then I can rectify the problen of too many cell formats. So does anyone know how to force the workbook to open? Thanks Becky Check your other post. Rebecca wrote: > > Hi All, > My Problem is that when I try to open my Accounts workbook I have this > notice appear:- "! Too Many Different Cell Formats". Then the workbook will > not open. > If ...

Outlook 2002 crashes when exporting data
When I use the "Import and Export" option from the File menu and choose "Export to a file" , Outlook 2002 crashes in module RM.DLL. I'm running all of the latest service packs for both Windows XP and MS Office Pro 2002. Any clues that will help me identify the cause of this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jack ...

Use Combo Box to Select Month to Display Data on Chart
Hi All, I have a bar graph that shows the following information X Axis = Date Y Axis = Copper Produced Question: How can I enable the user to select a month from a drop-down list and the chart show the data only for the selected month? -- Carlee Here are a couple ways: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Carlee" <Carlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7779E1...

Extracting certain rows from data
I have a 4 column/4000 row spreadsheet. I need to extract the data on only every 10th row. So I need 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc. I don't care if the data is on the same spreadsheet, or on another one. I just can't figure out how to do it. Anyone up for the challenge? All help is appreciated. This example will copy the rows to a sheet with the name Sheet2 Sub copytest() Dim R As Long Dim rng As Range For R = 10 To 100 Step 10 Set rng = Sheets("sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count). _ End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) Rows(R).Copy rng ...

Getting data from Access to Excel
Hi, i don't know if any body can helps me on this issue i wrote a code as below but no data goes to recordset i think this is because of date format or something like this because i can copy the fieds name the vaiables FrstDate shows "12/31/2009" and LstDate shows "1/28/2010" please help. Sub bbb() Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim str1 As String Dim sID As String Dim iCost As Integer str1 = "" sID = "" Dim sPN As String sPN = "" Dim i As Integer ...

Send MSA 03 data in body of e-mail
I used to send data in the body of an e-mail from MSA 2000 I now have been working with 03 and it only allows me to send it as an attachment. How can I get a record to be sent as the body of an e-mail ...

I'm no longer able to enter data at the top of the screen
The data entry line just below the tool bars is now grayed out. For instance, if I select a cell, the data in that cell no longer appears in the data entry line. One guess ... Try click View > Formula bar It may be hidden .. -- Max Singapore --- "BookLover" wrote: > The data entry line just below the tool bars is now grayed out. For instance, > if I select a cell, the data in that cell no longer appears in the data entry > line. ...

Realtime validation feedback
Not wanting to reopen the can of worms on this, but by some coincidence my boss was throwing around some ideas the other day that are not unrelated, and I was wondering how certain scenarios could be dealt with. I'll give some contrived examples here just to get the ball rolling*. As a simple case, imagine a dialog with one field which must be an interger between 1 and 100. We all know how to trap the input, validate it and present some UI indicator of inside/outside range. Maybe paint the background pink. So as the user types the number they see their error at the very keystroke, ...

XML Validation: required attributes
Hello All, I was trying to validate an XML document against a XSD which works fine. Then I tried to put in a version attribute on the root element and set it to a fixed value of '1.0' in the schema. Guess what? The validator completely ignores the attribute inspite of the fact that I have set the attribute to be required and to have a fixed value of '1.0'. Any ideas why that could be happening. Any help is appreciated. Uttara Either you didn't do what you thought you did or the validator has a problem. Which validator did you use and what are your schema/instance? ...

data base corrupted again
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F9_01CAC02E.328F9660 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable once again data base is corrupted and will not compact. due to oversize data base. did a sync on a news group with over 50K messages. from that point on data base was shot. trying to compact got the message that file was in use. ended up deleting message store and creating it AGAIN . this needs to be fixed. you cannot create an account with lots of groups each with thousands of = ...

Migrating Tasks with Data Migration Framework
I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) & emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message isnt of much help to nail down the issue. I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user ...

PivotTable "show data value as" question
Hi all, I have a problem about using Pivot Table in Excel 2003: In a pivot table I have a date field, grouped by year and month, as the row field. The data field of the table is anything that can be summed. Now when I tried to display the data field value as "Difference from previous month", I found that January of each year is always blank, ideally the data value in January should be display as the difference between the actual January value minus December value of the last year. Any tricks to show them? Thanks a lot. Frederick Chow Hong Kong. If you group the dates by ...

Insert formula even cells with data below it
Using this code Sub Insertformula () For Check = 4 To 40000 Step 2 If Cells(Check, "b") <> "" Then Cells(Check, "b") = "=IF(OR(I5="",J5=""),"",NETWORKDAYS(I5,J5,Holidays!A$1:A$39)-1)" Next Check End Sub My objective is to put this formula =IF(OR(I5="",J5=""),"",NETWORKDAYS(I5,J5,Holidays!A$1:A$39)-1) Into every even cell in Column B with data below it. However if you tried the macro you would see it does not work. If I could get any help thank you. Please tell ...

Need to read PAR PORT data bits URGENT
I have never read a parallel port in MFC yet. I need to read the input data on the port tonight for a dog and pony tomorrow. I tried the CParallelPort class but it didn't build and seems more than I really needed.. I am just reading the state of the bits as there is a rotary switch connected to them.. ANy links or methods.. AM I missing the obvious? Thanks again all. Nappy First, using the parallel port for anything is intrinsically dangerous. The standard parallel port driver does not support reading from it. (Besides, modern machines don't have parallel ports). You wil...

Synchronizing shared docs on companyweb
Is it possible to synchronize a folder (and subfolders) with the shared docs folder in CompanyWeb? I can't immediately see how to do it. I see you can create a briefcase in CompanyWeb but that looks as though it requires manual intervention to "update all". I'm not sure how SecondCopy would react to a path of http://companyweb/Shared Documents! (using SBS 2008) ...

Disappearing Shared Calendars
Hi all, I was hoping that someone out there could help me out with a little dilemma that some of my users are going through. I recently put out a Shared Staff Calendar via a site-wide email, the calendar was received by all and it was added into the navigation pane in Calendars, like it should do. However, I now have reports coming in that users have 'lost' that calendar. I know that we restarted our Exchange Server a couple of weeks ago and had this issue and had to have people re-open the calendar from that message. But, this most recent time around there was no serve...

Pivot Table: How can I organize data items in a row?
Hi, I am trying to build a pivot table which has categories only in row fields but not in column fields. Instead, the data items should be organized in columns instead of rows. For example, this is what I have now with two data items (habitants and location): inhabitants Country location --------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120 Asia But I want this: Country inhabitants location ------------------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120...

Count matching data
I have a spreadsheet with 14 columns and 20 rows - and what I would like is a formula that will look in a particlular row i.e B1:B14 and return and X in cell B15 if consequtive cells of 4 or more initials are found e.g. if B1:B2:B3:B4 = TT in each cell then the result in B15 would be X and if c3:c4:c5:c6 = MM the result in B16 would be X. If however B1:B2:B3 = TT and B4 = NN then no X is returned (cells will either contain initials or be blank) is this possible? -- Barny On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:58:59 +0100, Barny <Barny.61b9534@excelbanter.com> wrote: > &...

Excel
I have a problem with an excel spreadsheet that i need help with... I am studying a road network and it is represented by points (nodes) and the space inbetween these is the road. My problem is that obviously a road goes from say point A to point B but also back the way from point B to point A. The data i have contains both data from point A to point B but also from point B to point A. This data is identical and to i'd like to delete the repeated data from B to A. The problem is that point A may go to up to 5 other locations, ie to B,C,D,E or - as roads do at a junction. Therefore ...

CRM 3.0
Hi I am building a CRM 3.0 Virtual PC development environment, and I want to populate the CRM with test data. I have seen the Adventure Works Cycle CRM Virtual PC, but it uses SQL Server 2005. We are using SQL Server 2000. How can I get the Adventure Works data into my Virtual PC? Are there any scripts anybody has developed to add a heap of data into CRM? Tom ...

Workbook Protectionand stiil use Comment function
I have a shared workbook that requires some fields to be used for data entry and some fields for comments ( using the Xl comment function), however, when I protect the workbook the overall comment function is also looked (still allows viewing a previous comment). Is it possible to overcome this scenarion so that one doesn't have to Unprotect the book or sheet everytime a comment needs to be inserted or edited. Many thanks Olympiad In Excel 2003 you can edit comments in protected sheet, if you check the option for Edit Objects in the Protect Sheet dialog. -- tj "olympiad&qu...

ISNA VLOOKUP any data prefixed with a "C7" cannot be found?
Currently working on a quotation workbook, whereby monthly data dumps result in users being able to create a quote by cutting in product codes. Major problem is that any time a product code that is prefixed with "C7" is entered the product description is NOT pulled through onto the quotation form. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated!:confused: -- Mike Jenkins ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mike Jenkins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29588 View this thread: http://ww...

Data Source Displayed in Web Part?
Currently I have a Team Site which has a subsite containing 1 document library and what I'm trying to do is diplay this subsite doc library on the parent site. Considering this library is not an option to add from the browsers "add webpart" functionality, I assume this needs to be done through SP Designer? Do I need to add the data source first? And if so, how do I then display this as a web part? Again, the goal is simply to display the sub-site's doc library as a webpart on the parent site. Please advise on the best way to accomplish this. -- Thanks,...