data return based on two criteria

Hello,

I have the following data in excel

A2:A5 - cells are merged and contains partnumber (alpha numeric &
numeric)

C1:AF1 - DATE

C2 - initial stock (number)
C3 - receipts data (number)
C4 - production (number)
C5 = available stock (C2+C3)-C4

Similar data is maintained for 25 partnumbers

I would like to have a sheet where the users can input date &
partnumber and get available stock data.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Joseph
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hello,

Help please!

Jimmy Joseph <jimmy.joseph@in.bosch.com> wrote in

> Hello,
>
> I have the following data in excel
>
> A2:A5 - cells are merged and contains partnumber (alpha numeric &
> numeric)
>
> C1:AF1 - DATE
>
> C2 - initial stock (number)
> C3 - receipts data (number)
> C4 - production (number)
> C5 = available stock (C2+C3)-C4
>
> Similar data is maintained for 25 partnumbers
>
> I would like to have a sheet where the users can input date &
> partnumber and get available stock data.
>
> Your help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jimmy Joseph

This may work for you:

=INDEX($A$1:$D$16,MATCH(G8,A:A,0)+3,MATCH(H8,1:1,0))

In Sheet2:
Put the part number in A1
Put the date in B1
Put this in C1:
=INDEX(sheet1!$A:$af,MATCH(a1,sheet1!A:A,0)+3,MATCH(b1,sheet1!1:1,0))

The first match() looks for a part number match--and then drops down 3 rows (to
get the available stock).  The second match() looks for a match in dates.

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on how to use =Index() and
=index(match(),match()):
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html

--

Dave Peterson
0

Ignore that first formula.

I used it when I was making a small test and I pasted just for the syntax--then
forgot to delete it.

--

Dave Peterson
0

horizontal data to vertical data

Multiple inbox windows w/different sort criteria
Is it possible to have two inbox windows or boxes in Outlook XP each with a different sort criteria? How do you do it? I'd like to have three boxes on the right side of my screen. The top regular inbox pane which would be sorted by date received. The bottom box is the email preview window but I'd like to create another which would also be the inbox but be sorted by flag or importance. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Brian ...

Two Sites in one Organisation (Exchange 2003)
I have two sites in one Organisation (both are Exchange 2003). When I create new E-mail id in one site other site notable to see it. What I have to do for. Need to create Active director connector? I tried it but its unable to connect other Exchange Serve. If do same thing in Exchange, its able to connect. Can any body help me on this? Have a good day. ADC is only used to synchronize the AD with an Exchange 5.5 directory. If you don't have 5.5, what are you connected the ADC to? You may need to get your terminology straight. In a pure Exchange 2003 environment there is no site ob...

export public folder data?

storing read only data

Returns entered from previous closed shift
When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of previous closed shift? Since these returns are not from the current shift and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. On Sep 30, 7:04=A0am, RicoTowers <RicoTow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of > previous closed shift? =A0Since these returns are not from the current sh= ift > and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. Not sure what you are asking. All that matters from the sh...

Printing of Returns
Is there a way to restrict the printing of returns? Any person who has access to SOP has access to the 'Return' SOP type. rcr, you can restrict access to the Return type in Advanced Security - change the view in Advanced security to Document Access. Select Sales. The different document types are listed there. Uncheck the Return type for the user(s) from whom you want to take access. When they open the Sales Transaction entry screen and select Return, they will get the message 'You don't have access to this document type'. In Invoicing, they can select Return as the t...

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

data file: how to start its application

Search for record that requires two search terms
I have a table where the records are uniquely identified by a combination of two fields ChildAOLTermID and PhotoID. I want to use a combo on a form to look up records in the table. In the AfterUpdate event: DoCmd.SearchForRecord , , acFirst, "[ChildAOLTermID] = " & Me.cboFindRecord.Column(0) works but doesn't get me to the precise record I need because the PhotoID side of the record is not being specified. However, if I add that so that the search looks like: DoCmd.SearchForRecord , , acFirst, "[ChildAOLTermID] = " & Me.cboFindRecord.Column(0) And "[Phot...

Credits/returns
I have used Money Deluxe for some time now and one feature I wish was available would be "credits". Say I go to walmart and buy milk, soda and a hammer. I then reconcile my money account. Two weeks later I take back my hammer because it broke. How do I re-enter that credit? Does anyone know if money can track "credits/returns"? Does Quickens have this feature? -- MD "michodave" <michodave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E83568-6674-47F3-A733-794DA5692DC8@microsoft.com... >I have used Money Deluxe for some time now and one fe...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

How to Identify Changes In Two Work Sheets
I have two different dated inventory lists with 3,074 of identical line items. I want to determine the "items" that have "sold units" from two lists since they reflect ending inventory on separate dates. I want to create a new work sheet with those "items" only whose ending units are different from the units on the first ending report. The items are in the Desc 1 column in both work sheets along with their vendor code, size & quantity. Assume worksheet 1 is dated 10-18-06 and worksheet 2 is dated 10-22-06. Worksheet 1: Columns: C = VC (vendor code) , D...

Strange Situation With Two Computers
Here's a strange situation. I have an Access 2000 MDB with a SQL Server 7 back end, and a form with several Microsoft Rich Textbox controls on it. The form is opened with a simple Docmd.Openform "formname" command (no parameters). The form opens fine on my computer and a user's computer. However, another user was getting error 2501 ("The OpenForm action was canceled") when they clicked the button to open the form. (There is no code in the form's Open event to cancel the open in any circumstances.) This happened on another computer as well. So, two compu...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...