data entry on certin dates

on sheet1 i have a list of items in col a and in col b i enter the qty
of those items on a daily basis ex.

........a..............................b.......... ...............
beef................................3............. ......
cod..................................1
chicken............................24

col b is different every day

on sheet 2 i have a list of days in col a col b would be beef col c
would be cod and col d would be chicken ex....

..........a..........................b............
..............c...................d................ ..
...................................beef...........
..........cod.................chicken
8/14/05
8/15/05
8/16/05

if today is the 14th i need col b to enter the number for beef on sheet
1 same for cod ect... than tommarow when i change those #'s on sheet1 i
need the 14th's # to stay and the new # to go to the 15th keeping a
daily log of those #'s

is this posible please help???

--
n0 h4ck1ng
n0 h4ck1ng's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18410

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See reply in .Misc

Biff

"n0 h4ck1ng" <n0.h4ck1ng.1ts6qe_1124067908.9919@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:n0.h4ck1ng.1ts6qe_1124067908.9919@excelforum-nospam.com...

> on sheet1 i have a list of items in col a and in col b i enter the qty
> of those items on a daily basis ex.
>
> .......a..............................b.......... ...............
> beef................................3............. ......
> cod..................................1
> chicken............................24
>
> col b is different every day
>
> on sheet 2 i have a list of days in col a col b would be beef col c
> would be cod and col d would be chicken ex....
>
> .........a..........................b............
> ............c...................d................ ..
> ..................................beef...........
> ........cod.................chicken
> 8/14/05
> 8/15/05
> 8/16/05
>
> if today is the 14th i need col b to enter the number for beef on sheet
> 1 same for cod ect... than tommarow when i change those #'s on sheet1 i
> need the 14th's # to stay and the new # to go to the 15th keeping a
> daily log of those #'s
>
> is this posible please help???
>

> --
> n0 h4ck1ng
> n0 h4ck1ng's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18410
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395704

0
biffinpitt (3171)

Calendar Entry, invite one person everyone gets invited.
Hi All I have an issue with a client of ours, Where if they invite a particular single user to a calendar entry as an attendee the invite is sent out to all staff. They are running SBS 2003 Premium with ISA 2000 (not sp1) Check how delegation of the particular user calendar was made: in Outlook: tools > options > delegates and uncheck "Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me". Xavier "Fisheye" <support@fisheye.nospam.co.nz> wrote in message news:ekECrO6SGHA.4452@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > I have an issue with...

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Find Date Mailbox Created
Hello, In ADSIEdit you can see the whenCreated field, but this refers to the date the AD account was created. Does anyone know how to find the date the account was given a mailbox? We had AD long before Exchange and I'm trying to find out when people were given mailboxes precisely. Thanks. i struggled with this, too, and I don't believe there is any way to get this info...I miss having that at my fingertips... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "GC Postmaster" <gc_postmaster@gordon.edu> wrote in message news:9662BF63-2EAF-4D29-B318-0861643E87A1@microsoft.com... > Hello...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Function to caculate date
Is there a function that will add one or two months to a date in another cell? Example: January 30,2005 in cell A1 in cell A2 March 30,2005 Also is there a function that will add a specific number of days? Example: January 30, 2005 in cell A1 , would like to add 60 days to that Thank you in advance Try this, Jen: =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+1, DAY(A1)) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsft.com> wrote in message news:EF8C105C-1516-4EAF-8B43-15260CFDD72F@microsoft.com... > Is there a function that will add one or two months...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Date attribute problem
Dear support; I have customized entities which have some date attributes, the problem is when I create any record the date with CRM interface is correct, but it is saved one day late at the database, ex. If I choose date 16/05/2007 it is saved as 15/05/2007 at the database "for the customized entity systemExtensionBase table", but the interface is displaying it correctly. And vice versa for created on and modified on which are stored in systemBase table, these are correct for both sides "data base and CRM interface". I don't know why this is happening but this is...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...

Increment dates
Hi there, I'm sure this is simple, but I haven't found a simple solutions. I'm creating a new timesheet for my company and I want it to populate automatically. I have a field where the payroll manager can enter the period start date. From that, I want to fill in all of the dates for the payroll. What I'm looking for is an easy way to lookup the date value in the period start date field and then increment the dates in the body of the worksheet. What I have so far is something like this. For the first day of the payperiod: =I$6 For the 2nd day of the payperiod: = I$6 + 1...

Validation in Data/Form
Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught Data/Form which was created default by excel?? Hi have you tried 'Data - Validation'. If this does not work you have to create your own userform >-----Original Message----- >Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught >Data/Form which was created default by excel?? > > >. > Data Validation only affects entries that are typed into a cell. You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could display...