Custom patterns for cell shading

Hello,

Is there a way to add 'custom patterns' to the cell shading option?

I was hoping for a nice 'arrow pattern' for the conditional formatting.

(I'm doing a presentation of traffic flow, and for flow north or south [ie
if Northbound > Southbound, flow is northbound], I would like to graphically
show the flow.)

Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using
windings arrows, but a form of pattern / conditional formatting would be
awesome.

Jools

--
World of Warcraft *isn't* work?
0

Cell patterns and Cell entries
I need to know how to make this coding run differant If for instance Part 1 (see coding Part 1) the user enters an X (Has to be an X no other type of charator)in Cell F22 or F23 which turns Cells F14 and F16 red. Now the user enters a Last name in Cell F14 that cell turns back to normal color. Then they enter a First name in Cell F16 that Cell turns back to a normal color. If they take out the name in either Cell that cell turns red again. If they take the X out of Cell F22 and F23 the Cells F14 an F16 turm to normal color. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) R...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Shading cell in a table
I am creating a calendar 12 month. I set it up using the table Publisher provides. I want to shade only certain cells. Every time I try it will shade it on every month. How do I get it to only do one cell for only that page. This calendar is 12 pages long with a month on everypage. Any help would be grately appreciated since this project is due on Wed. I am at a lost. Thanks Jeeper45 With Pub2002, what you are asking isn't a problem. Works fine for me. Without trying to figure out if this is a problem or just the way the calendar wizard for the version you have functions, why not j...

Copy / paste range as a picture and save the cell borders!
Hi, I do prepare some formatted tables with Excel that are afterward copied and pasted as a picture into PowerPoint. The trouble is tha once I do this my right and down border forrmating of copied range i lost! Simply saying I have a blue border round the whole cell in Excel and just a half of it (top and left) after pasting into PowerPoint. I'd be grateful for any suggestions how to deal with it :) Thanks a lot, Mik ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~...

keep formula after typing in a value in a excel cell
Hi there, my problem is, that i need something like: there is a function in a excel-cell (for example '=setvalue("sqlserver", "DB", "table")'). now i type in a value (for example 100) then the function "setvalue" must write this value (100) in the server, db and table from the parameters. after leaving the cell the formula is still the same and only the value 100 ist visible for the user. and if i go back to the cell than i can see the function in the menubar. there is a product from applix (TM1) and they did it. the problem is, that the souce...

Wrap text in merged cells
Is there any way to wrap text in merged cells? the wrap text property works fine if i have only a cell, but when i merge cells it doesn't work, i tried even with alt+enter, and still no wrapping ocurs. Is there any way to do this? Thanks, -- Jlorga ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jlorga's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31707 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=516674 Wrap text should work ok in a merged cell, but autofitting of the rowheight won't. You have t...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Current date in cell
How do I put a current date in cell, meaning a formula so that when I open the spreadsheet the cell will have todays date in it. 4th July 2009 thanks =today() in the cell but it will change with each day and calculate with any other calculation. Or, put in the ThisWorkbook module in the workbook_open event sheets("yoursheetnamehere").range("yourrnage")=date -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:QaP3m.46662$Eq6.15411@newsfe24.ams2... > How do I pu...

Move cells down to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7 ...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Using either 'Conditional Formatting or VB' to color specific Cells
All, I'm new to using macro's within Excel, please forgive my ignorance in advance! heh Does anyone know the best way to color cells within a worksheet based on data in other rows within the same worksheet? I've used Conditional Formatting but it only lets me use (3) colors. I need to use about 10 or so. Basically I have data in columns A - P, in columns AI:AJ I have data that I want to show as a specific color in rows A - P if it exists. Can someone give me an example that I can use and modify to do this task? Thanks -J I assume that you want an easy way to visually identify ce...

Sum of Certain Cells
I have a spreadsheet with two tabs. In one tab is the raw data which contains an account number and a price for each shipment. I have a summary tab that lists each account number and the total number of shipments and total revenue for each account number. I used the "countif" function to add up the number of shipments per account number, but can't figure out how to add up the total revenue per account number. I thought I needed to use the "sumif" function, but I can't get it to work. An example of the raw data is: Acct# Charge E010124 13.92 E01...

Customer Report

What is the difference between a blank cell and a (blank) cell in Pivot Table ?
I 'paste special' two columns A and B from sheet1 to columns C and D in sheet2 (i.e. col A --> col C and col B --> col D). Column A contains either a customer number (all are numeric digits) or nothing whereas Column B use a formula to determine whether it contains nothing or a customer name (all are alpha-numeric values). In Sheet 2, I use Pivot Table to generate a report containing columns C and D. For those cells in Col C whose corresponding source cells in Col A are blank, nothing is shown in these cells. However, for those cells in Col D whose corresponding source cells in...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

How can I unlock the grouping in Excel while locking cells?
When protecting a worksheet I would like to expand and contract groups while select cells are protected ...