Custom number format with colors

Hi,

I would like to format my numbers this way:

> 0  --> Green
= 0  --> Black
< 0  --> Red

How can I do that?

Thanks!!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format
button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for
each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A)
--
-John
is helpful.

"andre.labonte@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to format my numbers this way:
>
> > 0  --> Green
> = 0  --> Black
> < 0  --> Red
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Thanks!!

0
jmbundy (31)
11/8/2007 4:43:03 PM
One way:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom....

    [Green]General;[Red]General;General;@

In article <1194539644.041919.64200@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,
 andre.labonte@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to format my numbers this way:
>
> > 0  --> Green
> = 0  --> Black
> < 0  --> Red
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Thanks!!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/8/2007 4:45:24 PM
That will certainly work, but is somewhat more resource intensive than
using Custom Formatting.

In article <C612FF3E-37A4-495C-82B3-75F023BC15DF@microsoft.com>,
 John Bundy <jmbundy@gmail.com(remove)> wrote:

> Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format
> button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for
> each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/8/2007 4:55:59 PM
Conditional Formatting.

andre.labonte@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to format my numbers this way:
>

>>0  --> Green
>
> = 0  --> Black
> < 0  --> Red
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Thanks!!

0
birelan (531)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Statements: Numbering and then being able to apply based on state
Have a client who can have 20,000 invoices for a customer in a month. The customer only gets a statement. Would like to be able to number statements and then if the customer pays the full amount be able to pay based on the statement number. Thought about using lockbox processing to try and set up a format based on the electronic data that comes back with the check as well. But need to find if anyone has a solution for the statement numbering We created a customization for a customer about 5-6 years ago that does something like this...it was pretty involved. From what I recall, ther...

Custom toolbar and macros

Item number/location code does not exist in inventory error
I'm using eConnect to do an SOP transaction and it has been working for months but with a new customer and a new site I'm getting an error. The error is: "Item number/location code does not exist in inventory". The same transactions are still working with other customers on other sites so it seems like it must be a set up issue in GP. The customer and site look like they're configured the same as the ones that work so I'm stumped. Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks, Matt Have you confirmed that the item number has been assigned to the new sit...

toolbar customization

Customize Does not WOrk

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

extracting numbers from data
Hi, Is there a way to extract the numbers, remove them and place them in an adjacent column from the cells in the example below? The LEFT function does not do the entire trick, since the amount of numbers differs per cell and I still need to delete the number in the original cell. 1bla 1.1blabla 1.1.1blablabla 1.1.1.1blablablabla Thanks ...

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Adding + in front of a number
I have a column of numbers which represent a change in value over the previous year. I want to have a + in front of the number if it's a positive change. Let's say my first number is 500. My problem is that I can write something like, if(a1>0,"+"&a1), but when then I can't format the number. If the number is in the millions I can't provide a comma as a thousand separator and I cannot tell it how many decimal places I want to show. Is there a really easy way to do that, or do I have to write a huge formula to precisely spell out the formatting within...

HLookup and Row Index Number
Hello. I am currently using the following formula, but want to improve it: =HLOOKUP(C3,'Drivers'!$C$4:$CT$34,5) Currently it is retrieving the number in the fifth row, but I am concerned that the number will change if the reference worksheet is ever altered. Is there a way to have Excel look up a value that is in a row with a certain label (eg, "Average Size") instead of the fifth row? Thanks! You can, using the MATCH() function on the row with the labels. Look in HELP for details. But of course it would have been better if Excel could do it the way you describe, at lea...

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

memory limit on the number of sheets created
is there a limit on the number of sheets a macro can create? I notice I have a macro that creates sheets and it works up to sheet 26, after sheet 26 it crashes. I read on line that it is limited due to memory? Is that the ram on each computer ? tia, Hi There is no limit imposed by the macro itself. As you have found, the only limit to the number of sheets, is the available memory (RAM) on the system. In most cases you can go way beyond 26 before hitting memory limits. I would think it is something to do with your code. Post the code, and maybe we can help. -- Regards Roger Govier ...

Using either 'Conditional Formatting or VB' to color specific Cells
All, I'm new to using macro's within Excel, please forgive my ignorance in advance! heh Does anyone know the best way to color cells within a worksheet based on data in other rows within the same worksheet? I've used Conditional Formatting but it only lets me use (3) colors. I need to use about 10 or so. Basically I have data in columns A - P, in columns AI:AJ I have data that I want to show as a specific color in rows A - P if it exists. Can someone give me an example that I can use and modify to do this task? Thanks -J I assume that you want an easy way to visually identify ce...

Conditional Format: Dates
Date is displayed in cell like this: Thursday, January 01, 2004 Currently, cells have no cell color format. How can I set formatting so cells containing 'Sunday' are a different color? Is there a formula I can use or some function that will do this for me? If the dates are text use =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Sunday",A1)) in the formula is box, if they are real dates use =WEEKDAY(A1,2)=7 format>conditional formatting and formula is -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JEM" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:emRrHL1IEHA.2688@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

Customer Report

MSCRM 4.0 Account automatic number
Hello, I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you have any idea to do this. Thanks a lot for your answer. FB Frédéric BAILLON wrote: > Hello, > > I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you > have any idea to do this. > > Thanks a lot for your answer. > > FB Hi Frédéric, There are many possibilities: You can make a plugin that reads and increments value in a config file, or work with a plugin that inserts and reads SQL table with identity column (auto incremental column) Ta...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query