Custom format #3

To format a custom format for credit cards I tried
      0000-0000-0000-0000    and it looks good like it should work.
Somehow the last digit changes to  0  no matter what number I put in.  Yes
have tried it several times, on sheet the church sent me and again trying it
on Excel 2003.  Weird problem always ends in  0   ??

0
jlmccabes (29)
5/25/2009 4:56:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:56:59 -0400, "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>To format a custom format for credit cards I tried
>      0000-0000-0000-0000    and it looks good like it should work.
>Somehow the last digit changes to  0  no matter what number I put in.  Yes
>have tried it several times, on sheet the church sent me and again trying it
>on Excel 2003.  Weird problem always ends in  0   ??

Excel (and most other spreadsheet programs that conform to IEEE standards) is
limited to 15 digit numbers.

To enter credit card information, you will need to enter the number as text.
You can do this either by pre-formatting the cell as text, or by preceding the
entry with a single quote (').  Of course, you won't be able to use numeric
formatting on text.

You could use an event triggered macro to format the text.
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
5/25/2009 5:24:20 PM
On May 25, 9:56=A0pm, "John McCabe" <jlmcca...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> To format a custom format for credit cards I tried
> =A0 =A0 =A0 0000-0000-0000-0000 =A0 =A0and it looks good like it should w=
ork.
> Somehow the last digit changes to =A00 =A0no matter what number I put in.=
 =A0Yes
> have tried it several times, on sheet the church sent me and again trying=
 it
> on Excel 2003. =A0Weird problem always ends in =A00 =A0 ??

Hey John,

Try this - Instead of defining the custom format as
0000-0000-0000-0000, you should format the cells as - ####-####-####-
#### (use # in place of 0s in your definition and it will work fine).

Mohit Khurana, CFA
http://ExcelMatic.blogspot.com
> Try this - Instead of defining the custom format as
> 0000-0000-0000-0000, you should format the cells as -
> ####-####-####-#### (use # in place of 0s in your
> definition and it will work fine).

I don't think so... enter a 16-digit number (not ending in zero) into a cell
formatted as you suggested and then look at the last digit in the cell after
you enter the number.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rishie" <Mohit.aka.Rishie@gmail.com> wrote in message
On May 25, 9:56 pm, "John McCabe" <jlmcca...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> To format a custom format for credit cards I tried
> 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work.
> Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no matter what number I put in. Yes
> have tried it several times, on sheet the church sent me and again trying
> it
> on Excel 2003. Weird problem always ends in 0 ??

Hey John,

Try this - Instead of defining the custom format as
0000-0000-0000-0000, you should format the cells as - ####-####-####-
#### (use # in place of 0s in your definition and it will work fine).

Mohit Khurana, CFA
http://ExcelMatic.blogspot.com

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook #3
I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook". I've reinstalled Office 2000 and still get the same message. Any ideas? 1) try running scanpst.exe on your Personal Folder 2) try renaming outcmd.dat to .old and restart Outlook. All the Toolbars will reset then. This is quite a common problem with Outlook . The default location for this file is: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook 3) try recreating the profile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles 4) try running Outlook with the /safe switch from your St...

toolbar customization

Cannot locate recurrence information. #3
I have a workstation that, after launching Outlook 2003 and updating the mail folders, displays the following message: "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." I have tried running Outlook from the command line using the /cleanreminders switch. This does change the response for that one instance of running the program in that the error appears and so does a list of reminders. I have tried deleting those reminders or moving them into the future but, even with no r...

adding email accounts #3
How do I add other e-mail accounts to Office word 2007? To add email accounts to Outlook 2007, go into Tools, Account Settings and click New Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Red4Con1" <Red4Con1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE62EEFE-3DC4-4E11-8935-AC724AB2DFD3@microsoft.com: > How do I add other e-mail accounts to Office word 2007? You don't add email accounts to Office Word 2007. It is a word processor, not an email program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All...

Customize Does not WOrk

Exchange reporting #3
Hello, I have an exchange server 03, sp2. Does anyone know of a freebie program I can use to pull exchange stats. I am looking mostly for number of users, mailbox size and number of messages contained within. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a few pruchase programs in demo mode, namely messagestats and promodag. Haven't had much luck running them actually they are limited in demo mode. Perfmon is free. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dustin Fulmer" <DustinFulmer@discussions.microso...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Using either 'Conditional Formatting or VB' to color specific Cells
All, I'm new to using macro's within Excel, please forgive my ignorance in advance! heh Does anyone know the best way to color cells within a worksheet based on data in other rows within the same worksheet? I've used Conditional Formatting but it only lets me use (3) colors. I need to use about 10 or so. Basically I have data in columns A - P, in columns AI:AJ I have data that I want to show as a specific color in rows A - P if it exists. Can someone give me an example that I can use and modify to do this task? Thanks -J I assume that you want an easy way to visually identify ce...

Conditional Format: Dates
Date is displayed in cell like this: Thursday, January 01, 2004 Currently, cells have no cell color format. How can I set formatting so cells containing 'Sunday' are a different color? Is there a formula I can use or some function that will do this for me? If the dates are text use =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Sunday",A1)) in the formula is box, if they are real dates use =WEEKDAY(A1,2)=7 format>conditional formatting and formula is -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JEM" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:emRrHL1IEHA.2688@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

How do I count different names in a colum ie: 4 mikes 3 toms
I am trying to add name in a colum. ie., 4 Mikes, 3 Toms, 8 Diane. Is there a way to do this? Thanks One way Assume data is in A1 down, e.g.: Mike T Diane P Tom P Mike P Tom J Mike L Diane M etc List the names in say, C1:C3 : Mike, Diane, Tom Put in D1: =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(C1,A1:A100)))) Copy down Col D will return the required counts -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "dallyup2" <dallyup2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5598620F-D261-4872-BCB9-3ACA7DC01FE9@microsoft.com... > I am t...

Preserve Pivot Format
I'm currently testing out Office 2007 for my company (we currently use 2003) and I've run into a couple of questions regarding pivot table formatting. 1. In 2003, when I told a pivot table to "preserve format," it actually worked. For example, I have a page field in which the text gets very long. I'd like to have it "taller" and with wrapped text. In 2003, I changed that field to "all", set my formatting, and refreshed the pivot - worked great, the cell stayed as formatted. In 2007, I have "Preserve cell formatting on update" checked. I rep...

Customer Report

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #2
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) (Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...