Custom Calculation Problem

I have a 4 column table (Column A,B,C and D)as my source data. D contains
numbers. I do a pivot table report. I layout A,B and C (in this order with
subtotals off) as row fields and D as datafield as sum. I reenter D into the
data area and do a custom calculation by specifying Show data as:
"Difference From", with Base field = B and Base item = (previous).

The result i wanted would have a sum of all B items with common A's as well
as the difference between consecutive items.

The custom calculation behaves inconsistently: for some items, it shows the
difference for some it doesn't.

It works however when i turn on subtotals for field B, which i prefer not to
do because it makes it look messy. It also works when i remove field C,
which i dont want to do because i need to see field C.

Any solutions?

thanks. /Gio

0
gbacareza (17)
6/8/2004 10:04:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Any solution to this problem?

"Gio Bacareza" <gbacareza@ajonet.com> wrote in message
> I have a 4 column table (Column A,B,C and D)as my source data. D contains
> numbers. I do a pivot table report. I layout A,B and C (in this order with
> subtotals off) as row fields and D as datafield as sum. I reenter D into
the
> data area and do a custom calculation by specifying Show data as:
> "Difference From", with Base field = B and Base item = (previous).
>
> The result i wanted would have a sum of all B items with common A's as
well
> as the difference between consecutive items.
>
> The custom calculation behaves inconsistently: for some items, it shows
the
> difference for some it doesn't.
>
> It works however when i turn on subtotals for field B, which i prefer not
> do because it makes it look messy. It also works when i remove field C,
> which i dont want to do because i need to see field C.
>
> Any solutions?
>
> thanks. /Gio

0
gbacareza (17)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Text value type is calculated on INSERT
Hi I think this is the right group for my question. I have a macro in Excel VBA that inserts data into Access accdba database. The code snippet that inserts the data is: Public Function InsertPhotoMapNumbers(ByRef miMaxMapNo As Integer, ByRef miApplicationYear As Integer) As Long Dim msMapNo As String 'Some code here msMapNo = CStr(miMapNo) + "/" + CStr(miMaxMapNo) mobjCommand.CommandText = "INSERT INTO tblMaps(PhotoMapNo, ApplicationYear) VALUES (" & msMapNo & "," & miApplicationYear & ")" 'Execute the SQL stat...

Custom toolbar and macros

Listbox problem
I have the following code setup. My form has 5 listboxes on them named LB1 thru LB5. All listboxes are single select. The code simply captures which listbox has been clicked (onClick event) then it does some stuff (not included in following code) and finally deselects the entry in the listbox. It's giving me fits. It will not deselect the entry. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? thanks Dim ctlCurrentControl As Control Dim strControlName As String Dim intCurrentRow As Integer Dim tmp_selected As Integer Set ctlCurrentControl = Screen.Ac...

Finding Min In Calculated Pivot Table Formula
I didn't have much luck on another list, so I thought I'd try this one. Any thoughts on the below would be appreciated. I have a pivot table with a calculated field for which the equation is [Sum of Dollars / Count of Instances]. So in turn I'm rendering the average cost for a list of items in a group. The table is set up such that each column contains a week number and the rows contain a list of items within a grouping. For example, I might be listing average cost of apples, oranges, and peaches for each week under a grouping called fruit. The next grouping is bread, where I...

Problem with controls overlapping a child window
Hi I have a CDialog window with some controls, I have another CDialog (with with WS_CHILD attribute). When I show the child window (embedded in the parent), the parents controls that should be hidden beneath the child window are still shown. I have tried setting "Clip Children" and "Clip Siblings" as well as "Control" attributes (in the resource editor for the dialog templates) but I can't seem to get it rigth. Calling SetWindowPos with CWnd::wndTopMost on the child window doesn't work either. I could ofcourse just hide all the controls in the parent wi...

toolbar customization

calculate sales run rate
Hello All! I am in need of help to calculate two sales run rates using formulas. The formula I currently use for a monthly run rate is: =SUM(MTD Sales/Today's day # in month * Total # Days in month) I manually add up number of weekdays in month (minus holidays) & today's day # in month. Through browsing the board, I am using the following formula to figure number of weekdays in date range minus holidays (K1:K40) =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(J2&":"&J3)),2)<6))- COUNT(K1:K40) (1) How do I calculate monthly run rate based on today's date? (2) H...

Formula calculating fulltime/parttime vs employees.
I have a spreadsheet listing employees jobs in one column. Another column lists if they are full time or part time. There are several employees with the same job but work different times. I need a formula to calculate how many people with that title work full time and how many people with the same job work part time. A pivot table will do a very nice job for you. They are very powerful once you get to know them. Take a look at Chip Pearson's site for a tutorial on them: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm -- Regards, Fred "VP" <VP@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Problems connecting after changing a username
I'm having an issue with a user account. On our Exchange server we have POP3 server running. I set up an user account and tested the settings for the POP3 account. Everything tested fine. I was informed by HR that there was a misspelling in the user's name, so I corrected it, but now when I try to connect to the POP3 server I get an error that says the username, password or e-mail address is incorrect. I can't help but feel this is related to the username change, but I'm not sure how to correct it. Can anyone help? -Michael Kun ...

RUS problem #2
Hi, I've got a problem with creating multiple distribution lists at once. I create the lists using "Users and Computers" and start mailenabling them using the exchange assistant. After mailenabling I start RUS to provide eMail addresses to them. Further on I start the OAL generator to publish them to the organization. Everything works without any failure. When I open the new created distr. lists using the address book of Outlook and open the properties of the lists I was wondering. Although all settings in AD are correct all distribution lists have got the same conent in ...

weird CFileDialog / GetOpenFileName problem
I'm having two weird problems with CFileDialog and/or GetOpenFileName that QA is on my back to fix :). 1) Bring up a normal CFileDialog or GetOpenFileName dialog on Windows XP. Go to the filename field and leave it blank. Hold down the enter key and you will see the "Look in" label, the "Look in" combobox, the "File name" label, the "Files of type" label, the "File name" combo box, and the "Open" button all flash like crazy ** I found a fix for this bug, just reporting it ** 2) Bring up a normal CFileDialog or GetOpenFileName ...

Customize Does not WOrk

MS Money 2002 sign-in problem
All of the sudden I seem to have trouble signing into my Microsoft Money 2002 account. When I fire up the program and enter my password I get this message: “Money is unable to verify your Online sign-in….” I have a Windows XP Pentium 4 computer with no recent changes. Here is what I have tried so far with no success: 1. Verified that I can get into my msn.com account; that my password works, etc. 2. Did a system restore on my PC back to when I last successfully got into Money 3. Registered the Msxml3.dll file 4. Did both a “level 1 and level 2 standard repair” of my Money file Any a...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Exchange 5.5 MTA e-mail stuck problem
Dear All, please help our exchange MTA always stuck e-mail in server. We have 4 exchange servers in 3 sites. The problem always in 2 servers. please see below setting server1 ( Window 4.0sp6a & Exchange 5.5sp4) server2 (Window 2000sp4 & exchange 5.5 sp4_ server3 ( window NT 4.0sp6a & exchange 5.5 sp4 ) server4 (window 2000 sp4 & exchange 5.5 sp4) Sever1 & server2 is same network server3 & server4 in oversea Our problem always keep server2 with server3 & server4. We can ping to server3 and server4, we also use "net user //server3 ipc$" command. Pl...

SOP returns should not calculate settlement discount in Apply win.
If a SOP return is entered for the full value of a SOP invoice that has been raised against a debtor that has settlement discount, then the settlement discount is calculated and shown in the Apply window. If the SOP return was to fully cancel the invoice and the settlement has not been taken on the invoice then the settlement discount has to be manually adjusted in the Apply to window. ...

Outlook 2002 Problem #5
When I paste text to the body of a email message using Outlook 2002, Windows XP laptop, I get: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. Error Signature: AppName:outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4024.0 ModName: mshtml.dll ModVer: 6.0.2800.1141 ...

Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem
Outlook (2002) refuses to encrypt an e-mail message to a client who uses Lotus Notes R5 in Win 2000, even though in the client's Internet Explorer: Tools/Internet Options/Content/Certificates dialog, both her certificate (on the Personal Tab) and our certificate (on the Other People Tab) are present and have the correct serial numbers. On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her public key in Outlook). Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know what that might ...

Customer Report