Current Year to display in text

Is there a way to get the current year to display in a title if there is
other text with it?

For example:
I have a sheet with the following text in it: 2011 Benefit Time

I'm looking for a way have just the year update itself at the change of
the new year so when someone opens a blank form in 2012, it will read
2012 Benefit Time

Again, the title is all in once cell with it centered. I would rather
not place the date in the cell by itself. Is there a way to insert just
a date prior to text inside a cell? Or Is there an insert date option
like in MS word?
0
stoojz3 (14)
6/23/2011 6:49:25 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Gadgetman,

Am Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:49:25 -0400 schrieb Gadgetman:

> I'm looking for a way have just the year update itself at the change of
> the new year so when someone opens a blank form in 2012, it will read
> 2012 Benefit Time

try this:
=YEAR(TODAY())&" Benefit Time"

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

In article <iu020r$s55$1@news.albasani.net>,
 Claus Busch <claus_busch@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hi Gadgetman,
>
> Am Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:49:25 -0400 schrieb Gadgetman:
>
> > I'm looking for a way have just the year update itself at the change of
> > the new year so when someone opens a blank form in 2012, it will read
> > 2012 Benefit Time
>
> try this:
> =YEAR(TODAY())&" Benefit Time"
>

> Regards
> Claus Busch
0
stoojz3 (14)
6/23/2011 7:07:16 PM
>> WORKED! Thank you very much.

I think it might be a mistake to do this with a formula. While the year is
correct right now, next year if you look at the document, the year will be
wrong (it will say it is 2012 when it is not), but there will be no
indication of that. Really, how difficult is it to hard-code the four digit
year into your text constant?

Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel)

Rick Rothstein used his keyboard to write :
>>> WORKED! Thank you very much.
>
> I think it might be a mistake to do this with a formula. While the year is
> correct right now, next year if you look at the document, the year will be
> wrong (it will say it is 2012 when it is not), but there will be no
> indication of that. Really, how difficult is it to hard-code the four digit
> year into your text constant?
>
> Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel)

Exactly! I enter the current year for the workbook into a defined name
(global scope) cell ("ThisYear") as a constant and ref that in all
cellssheets that use it.

  Example:
  In the cell using the year:  =ThisYear&" Benefit Time"

--
Garry

gs3102 (378)
6/23/2011 8:44:38 PM
"cellssheets"
  should read
  "cells/sheets"

--
Garry

gs3102 (378)

path to dll currently executing
How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is currently executing ? This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a different path design-time v run-time. Thanks. On 1/6/2010 9:12 PM, John Grandy wrote: > How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is > currently executing ? > > This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a > different path design-time v run-time. > > Thanks. > > System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Locati...

can publisher be used to create a Year Book for an organization?
I want to create a yearbook with names of members, addresses, phone numbers, etc. in alphabetical order....can this be done with Publisher? Thanks, Anne grandmanne wrote: > I want to create a yearbook with names of members, addresses, phone numbers, > etc. in alphabetical order....can this be done with Publisher? Yes (although I would probably refer to it as a 'member directory'. Look up Catalog Merge in the help file for Publisher 2003. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ Depending on how your information is stored and how you want the yearbook ...

text to excel
Hello I have 15 different text file which i want to import in one excel fil at one go can ewe do it with the help of a macro thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do it with a macro, but perhaps easier is to combine the text files in DOS and then import to Excel. To combine in DOS, have all the files in the same folder, open a DOS prompt and type something like the following: COPY C:\MyDocuments\TextFiles\*.txt AllFiles.txt HTH, Greg "vikram >" <<vikram.15hgsx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hgsx@excelforum-nospam.co...

How do I paste a large amount of text into a cell ?
I'm trying to copy and paste excel cells from one spread sheet to another. The cells contain large amount of text. In many cases only the first two rows of text are being copied to the target spread sheet. How do I make sure that all the text will be copied to the target spread sheet? How many characters are you talking about, look in help for specifications to see how much text a vcell can hold, if within the specifications you can try to paste into the formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Gal Mariansky" <Gal Mariansky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How to create new Contacts form and have it apply to current conta
I can create a custom contact form by following http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012106101033.aspx?mode=print But how do I apply the new form to my current contacts ? For example, if I want a Car Phone field in my new form I want to be able to go back to my current names I have in my Contacts folder and see the Car Phone field. Thanks for any help. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/publish_form.htm - end of page. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Tax Exempt and tax display
I am new to POS 2009 so this may be a simple question, but it escaped me. 1) We have 2 tax types. How do you setup customers so they are exempt for only one. If you use the exempt feild in customer setup then they are exempt from all. 2) We have each tax seperate on the receipt, but is their a way to display both taxes seperatley on the pos screen? Thanks Doug I am having the same issue but with RMS 2.0..when i set it up to exempt certain part of the tax it gives no tax..plz help "Prairie Computers SK Canada" wrote: > I am new to POS 2009 so this may be a si...

Excel VBA
Hi Excel VBA advisers! I have a userform where there are two text boxes (drugdesc1 & drugdesc2) that I want to force 4 commas to be keyed into both fields. 4 commas are MANDATORY in each text box & are used to separate the type of input within each. ie; brand name, ingredients, strength, form, pack size. (FYI: Later on, I split these fields into 4 separate columns based on the comma delimiter.) When "cmdAdd" command button is clicked, I need to display a msgbox to advise user and disallow the add. I imagine that the code (repeated for each text box) that I would put in th...

How Do I Resize an Option Group so It Displays Horizontally?
Hello, I'm using Access 2003 and am relatively new to it. In a form, I've created an option group with 15 check boxes. The group is vertical, which I don't want. I'd prefer, if possible, for the group to be horizontal. Actually, I'd really prefer three rows with five options each. Is it possible to resize the option group, or configure it in such a way that it spreads out horizontally on the form, rather than vertically? When I try to resize it in design mode, nothing happens. Thank you! T. Hulot Yes it is quite easy to do it in design mode in the form. Select th...

Negative time displayed as #######
Hi, i have this code: =IF(ISBLANK(D9)," ",ROUND(((D9-C9-"08:30")-1/288)/TIME(,30,),)*TIME(,30,)) If the result is a negative time, then the formula display "###########". Is there a way that this formula to display even the negative time or to display a message instead of "#########"? The message to be "Less" Can this be done? Thanks! Change the cell's formatting. Either change it to something besides a time format, or, go to custom format, and add on a message to display for negative time. So, let's say your curren...

Offline version of MS Money this year?
It was announced recently that this fall MS will release an offline version Money? Are there any news regarding this? I don't need only features so I'm waiting for this new release very much. In microsoft.public.money, bullka wrote: >It was announced recently that this fall MS will release an offline version >Money? > >Are there any news regarding this? I don't need only features so I'm waiting >for this new release very much. > Check http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx for information updates. No update yet in that page :( "Cal Learner-...

Fiscal Year Settings
Hi, We are getting the following error message when trying to acceess the Fiscal Year Settings; "An error has occured, For more information, contact your systems administrator" The installation is on an SBS 2003 so the Reporting Server and SQL DB are on the same machine, Reporting Server seems to be running OK we can access it OK both from with the CRM app and from http://localhost/reports. Any ideas? Thanks Justin Hi, Found the answer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921394 Rgds Justin Justin wrote: > Hi, > > We are getting the following error message when trying t...

Current Cost
On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this cost the last price used to purchase an item? Also, how is this field calculated? "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this > cost the last price used to purchase an item? Hi Ryan. The current cost is calculated based on the valuation method. If you hit Help (F1) off the item card, go to the fields help, and check under valuation method, there is info to get you started. Hope this helps, Maria. "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance ...

Problems with current currency!
Hi. I found serious problem with currencies handling in MS Money Plus! I set up BASE currency as USD but MS Money still try to use currency specified in locale settings (RUR)! It looks very bad - like MS money able to work only in US locale and only with US currency. :-( I have made lot of experiments - uninstalled MS money, installed again, killed databases, created it from scratch, tried different variants of settings... unfortunately - without positive effect. Even if I setp 1 setp forward it finally crashed on the one of next steps or put wrong currency to the invoice. :-((( I...

Display empty cells #2
Hi, I have a rather vexing, though small, problem with Excel. I'm creating worksheets that deal with museum specimens, and the cells in these sheets tend to contain either a lot of information or none at all. My problem: I want to be able to see the blank cells when I'm viewing the sheet, and the cells with text in them automatically obscure the blank cells. In my case, being able to see which cells are blank is almost as important as seeing the cells containing data. (I know that putting a "space" in the cell will cause it to display a blank cell, but we don'...

How to find the inerest pay in 3 years
Hi all I would like to know wich formula to use to calculate the interest pai in a 3 years loan Principal : 16808.10 Interest rate :2.75% term :3 years I would like to get the "Cost to borrow" in just one step formula I can calculate the monthly payment , multiply this for 36 months an take away the principal, but I think there might be a way to do thi directly. Thanks a lot for your time and attention at this matte -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use the Analysis Toolpak Addin function CUMIPMT(). In article <3dsets.18s...

How do I get the currently selected mail
I have written a COM addin to add a command bar along with a menu item to MS Outlook. On clicking this menu item I am able to identify the currently selected folder. My approach is as follows: void __stdcall CAddin::OnClickButton(/*IDispa=ADtch*/ Office::_CommandBarButton *Ctrl,VARIANT_BOOL * CancelDefault) { Outlook::MAPIFolder * m_pFolder; CComQIPtr<Office::_CommandBarB=ADutton,&__uuidof(Office::_Comma=ADndBarButt= on)> pCommandBarButton(Ctrl); BSTR fullFolderPath; CComQIPtr <Outlook::_Application> spApp(pApplication); CComPtr<Outlook::_Explorer> spEx...

Not current record
Hi I am new to Access so please help. I have a form (frmAttendance) and within this form I have a button. This button opens another form (frmTravel). forms!frmAttendance!ssn = forms!frmTravel!ssn and forms!frmAttencance!meet_num = forms!frmTravel!meet_num. This all works great! What the problem is: when I close the frmTravel it does not go back to the current record on frmAttendance. Example: frmAttendance ssn = 777-77-7777 frmAttendance meet_num = 45r45r frmTravel ssn = 777-77-7777 frmTravel meet_num = 45r45r This works great! BUT when closing frmTravel frmTravel ssn = 777-77-777...

how can I change the text size in the choose name box of outlook
When I click on "new message" and my "choose name" box comes up, the text is very small. How can I enlarge it? I have Office '03 and Windows 7. Using Word and Outlook for email. New Message sounds like an Outlook command to me, so you may want to ask this question in a newsgroup for Outlook. See for example the general discussion at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&lang=en&cr=US. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "oldmubs" <oldmubs@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

SQL report to filter for Current user
I am working on a SQL report, and i need to filter the data for the current user logged in to CRM. Something like where current user id = user id of activity. What I am looking for is how to find the current user id. Much thanks in advance! An easier solution is not to build that into the report; simply use the default filter to do that. No coding needed "ilibhart" <ilibhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DE3638-A92A-42C8-BDEA-A8686829D249@microsoft.com... >I am working on a SQL report, and i need to filter the data for the current > user l...

Find Email Address in a text file
Hello, I am having a small issue. I received a text file from a co-worker over seas that contains all his outlook contact information. I have opened it in excel using CSV. There are thousands of rows and anout 100 columns, problem is that the email address do not all fall in the same column or row. I need to be able to locate each email address and copy just the domain (@yahoo.com for example) into a single column.....does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks, Matt --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I posted a solution for extracting 1 or 2 e-mail addresses from a st...

Changing Text Case
Hi all, Excel 2007: How can I change a range of text to Proper in place? Whenever I try to change the text in a specific range, it will not change the text in that range, it places it in some other area of the spreadsheet. I want to change the text from Upper case to Proper case in B4:B15, but, no matter where I place the cursor, or how I try to get the text to change in those cells, it does not does not change the text in those cells. If I select the range and then select the PROPER in the Text list, it puts the function in the first cell of the column, but, does not change the cas...

Help in Displaying UNICODE strings in List Control
Respected All, I have one dialog based application displaying information in report view mode of list control, developed in VC6. It is ANSI application. I want to display UNICODE String into one column named subject. This string can be can contain text from other languages also.( except english) I can have its charset and coverted it to UNICODE using multibytetowidechar. Now i want to display that converted string into one column of list control. with out converting my application to UNICODE. Any help /suggestion in this? How can i do this by ownerdraw messages? Regards J C Take a l...

Different reply formats for HTML and plain-text
Hi there, I'm using Outlook 2003 and connecting to an Exchange 2003 server. I would like to use different reply-to (and forward) formats for messages in plain-text vs. html format. In particular, when replying to html messages I'd like to include the message below, unindented (this is the default option). However, when replying to plain-text messages, I'd like to prefix each line with a ">". I seem to only be able to select one or the other as a global setting. Also, changing the format of the reply with the "format" menu doesn't use this setting. Mor...

Historical Year Problem.
Hi.. While uploading the data in Greatplains. 2003 year has not marked as Historical year during the data upload Now we are facing problems due to this. Can anyone suggest if we can mark 2003 as historical year now. and if we do so what are the repercussions of doing it... Thanks. What version are you using? If you are using 7.5 you should have no problem marking it as History. It might prompt you to close your other sub modules for 2003. Other version I do not know if it the same. "Rahul" wrote: > Hi.. > While uploading the data in Greatplains. > 2003 year has ...

SetPowerState on display driver
Hello, I'm working on windows ce 5.0 and a Freescale iMX31 BSP. I want to turn off the display without using ExtEscape() (I have implemented this solution and it works fine) but using IOCTL_POWER_SET control code or SetPowerState function. To avoid using DeviceIoControl I suppose that the second solution is the better. My question is the following : the display driver isn't a stream driver, so what is the value of the first parameter for the function SetPowerState ? Thanks, Paolo Hi, There is no such funciton "SetPowerState" in windows CE. You can use Set...