Creating Custom Date format Q1-2009, etc.

Excel 2002 SP3
Win XP Pro SP2

Hi,

How do I properly create a Darte format that will display:

Q1-09
Q2-09
Q3-09
Q4-09
Q1-10
Q2-10
etc.?

Q is of course for Quarter so Q1-09 is Jan to Mar 2009.

Thanks!
0
notvalid1 (96)
6/10/2008 6:49:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

="Q"&INT((MONTH(A1)+2)/3)&TEXT(A1,"-yy")

--
HTH

Bob

"stef" <notvalid@nomail.nul> wrote in message
> Excel 2002 SP3
> Win XP Pro SP2
>
> Hi,
>
> How do I properly create a Darte format that will display:
>
> Q1-09
> Q2-09
> Q3-09
> Q4-09
> Q1-10
> Q2-10
> etc.?
>

> Q is of course for Quarter so Q1-09 is Jan to Mar 2009.
>
> Thanks!

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
6/10/2008 9:45:52 PM
Bob,
Thanks but not what I need.
I need to define a custom date format that will render the desired format.
Not a formula that refers to the value, etc.

Bob Phillips wrote:
> ="Q"&INT((MONTH(A1)+2)/3)&TEXT(A1,"-yy")

0
notvalid1 (96)
6/10/2008 9:59:42 PM
Can't be done with formatting.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Dave Peterson wrote:
> Can't be done with formatting.

0
notvalid1 (96)

create a roster

Irregular formation of numbers
Hi, I hope someone can help, I am trying to format numbers in a column. the numbers are all 10 digits (ie. 0405613020) and from cell to cel are all different. What I am trying to do is for them to take on the format below: 0405.61.30.20 I have tried different things.. but nothing seems to work.. I have ove 250 cells that need to look like that, and it's very long and tedious.. Hope someone can help me.. Diamonelle :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You can put this formula in a helper column, copy it down as far a needed and then copy-paste special -...

Reports and Forms Customizations After Migration to GP8
Hi i have migrated my Test Server to GP 8 and i Exported the Modified Reports and Forms and imported them again to the Test Server, the screen Labels are updated to the new lables but the fields formats didnt update for example the phone field format returned to the original. how can i solve this issue? regards Nader Formats are not transferred using packages. You will either need to keep your original forms and reports dictionaries and upgrade them, or remake the format changes. I would suggest recording the format changes using a macro, so they can easily be re-run if required. ...

Formating Dates
I need to update a list of dates to show all days as 01. For example, where date shows 03/28/2009, I need it to read 03/01/2009. I appreciate any guidance! -- LL28 On Thu, 6 May 2010 12:12:01 -0700, LovingLife28 <LovingLife28@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to update a list of dates to show all days as 01. For example, where >date shows 03/28/2009, I need it to read 03/01/2009. I appreciate any >guidance! If you want to convert the dates to the first of the month, then, with your date in A1: =A1-DAY(A1)+1 If you want to leave the date a...

Task Create - Status

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Is it possible to customize money?
Hi, I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop functionalities for it. Let me explain better: I'm from Brazil, and the default stock quote finder isn't able to get local quotes. So, I was wondering if it's possible to customize it, or build a brand new one (I'm a programer). TIA, Bob See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. <rcrios@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d4a06fd.0505091627.33a35a7a@posting.google.com... > I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop > functionalities for it. > >...

Customizing CRM look and feel
Is there a way to 'brand' or otherwise give the CRM application the look and feel of our enterprise web site? I see multiple posts about using the CRM sytleguide to give CRM look and feel to custom pages, but I don't see anything about customizing CRM to take on a custom look and feel. It doesn't have to be wholesale changes to the UI, I'm just looking to at least slip in a logo and possibly a footer with a disclaimer/trademark kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. SpencerW I would venture to say in the ISV.config file. You can buttons to the men...

Second Request: change date for electronic payment
I am a new Money user....was with Quicken for 10+ years. I want to change the date of electronic payments in my register to be the same day that the payment is scheduled to be made. It looks as though the only thing that can be changed is the category. In Quicken you are able to change the date for electronic payments in the register without changing the actual day the bill is being paid. When this is done in Quicken you simply get a message telling you that the change will only occur in the register. I do not like the way Money assumes that it's a good idea to set the date about...

Retrieving current custom sort settings
Is there a way to retrieve the current custom sort settings stored with a worksheet? ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Month End Date Ticks
Hello, In Excel 2003 I could use daily data starting on, say, 31 Dec 2005 and ending some years later for a line chart. If in the x-axis settings I selected both Major and Minor units to 3 Months with Base units as Days I would get ticks at each calender quarter end. In this example; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 30 Jun 2006, and so on. However, in Excel 2007 the axis switches over to start of month ticks; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 1 Jul 2006, and so on. Does anyone know what is going on with the date x-axis in Excel 2007? It seems to be a bug as I have tried all manner of settings an...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Crash course in formatting Excel spreadsheets
I need to learn about using Excel spreadsheets for columns of text and using colors to distinguish information in a cell. We are having lots of problems with such things as a cell needing to expand or contract based on the amount of text in it. We would like to not have to manually return at the end of each line so the text would correctly reformat itself after adding or deleting text. I've looked through the online training MS offers on their website and haven't found anything to help me with this. Any other suggestions in an online or downloadable tutorial for these tasks? Thanks, C...