Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s) #2

Max,

That scriptlet was very useful, and easily tweakable to work in myria
applications.

Thx!
-K

--
KHashmi31
KHashmi316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1043

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Glad to hear that !
Thanks for posting back
--
Rgds
Max

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10439
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273482

0
demechanik (4694)

create a roster

Compile Error #2
I am currently using Excel 2002. I was given a file, apparently created in Excel 2003. When I try to access the file I get the following message: Compile error: Can't find project or library The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Does the file you have been given contain VBA code? If so, then it would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project or library in it. To explain, when this sheet has been create...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Column Width Adjustment
Is there a way to adjust the column width automatically to fit the length of the longest data in the cell. I know how to do it one column at a time but not how to do all columns of data at once. Thanks, Jerry Do a <Ctrl> <A> to select the entire sheet, then, Do the same thing you would do for a single Column: <Format> <Column> <AutoFit> -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Task Create - Status

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Stuck in outbox #2
whenever i send an email outside of outlook (whether it be from internet explorer or forwarding an email from an open folder) the email does not send automatically, it just sits in outlook outbox. i always have to physically open up outlook to release the email. this is very anoying and never happened with outlook express. before, it just sent automatically. thanks ...

Create external database

Update A Field From Another Field
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help me on this one. It's probably simple, but I'm stuck!! I have a Table which fills in data from a form with the following field: ReservationNo ReservationName Surname1 Name1 Surname2 Name 2 Sometimes I don't have the names, so fields Name1 and Name 2 are left blank until I check in the guests using the RESPEL form with the following fields RservationNo ReservationName Surname Name Now the ResevationNo and ReservationName have identical data since they are autofilled. What I want to do is if the ReservationNo and the S...

How to create pie chart with %

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

Sort the contents in a Listbox
I have a CDialog where the user can type in numerical values in an Editbox and which is then added to a Listbox. My question is how I sort the contents as soon as a new value has been added? Hi. Check the "sort" option for the listbox in the dialog resource editor. - Parhar "Urban Olars" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FD6A3C2-D59D-4486-8ABF-47E5B6BAC262@microsoft.com... > I have a CDialog where the user can type in numerical values in an Editbox and which is then added to a Listbox. My question is how I sort the contents as soon a...

when form created

UDF #2
hi Can someone explain me about UDF & its use? Thanks in advance A UDF is a user defined function. You can create a UDF and use it in a formula in a worksheet in the same way as a built-in function. You would create one to do something the built-in functions do not do, such as a look left VLOOKUP, or when you want to simplify a complex formula. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB8738FE-AF09-4ADD-A180-7B6A7C98EC8B@microsoft.com... > hi > > Can someone explain...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Excel's Calculating Sequence
If I have a block of formulae , say, in A1:E10 and hit F9 is thare any particular sequence that the recalc is done ? e.g. by rows first and then columns etc. TIA Bill From the Help file: When are existing formulas recalculated? Excel recalculates those cells that are dependent on other cells that contain changed values. This type of calculation helps to avoid unnecessary calculations. Excel also calculates workbooks each time they are opened. Background calculation As calculation proceeds, you can choose commands or perform actions such as entering numbers or formulas. Excel tempor...