Creating an Excel picklist to import into word?

First of all is this possible?

Here is my question.

I need to create one spreadsheet in Excel whereby I can select the type
of equipment I want and it shows the model number

Type       Model

Heater     KT100
Heater     KT200
Pump       2000
Pump       3000

This needs to be in the format of a pick list so I can select say Pump
2000 to display only.  Once that is created I then wish to import it
into Word as word only allows me to input 25 choices via Drop Down Form
Fields.  I can only think of creating the spredsheet in Excel and
importing it in?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could embed the Excel file into the Word document but it might be
easier for your users if you use a combobox in Word, as described here:

WD2000: How to Create a Combo Box Containing More Than 25 Items

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
9/3/2005 1:19:28 PM
I have just tried that, clearly I am doing something wrong as it still
only allows me to select 25 entries?

If it helps this is the code I have put in

Private Sub Cmdclose_Click()

End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

   ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Result = ComboBox1.Value

End Sub

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

  Unload Me

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Click()

  ComboBox1.ColumnCount = 1

  'Load data into ComboBox

  ComboBox1.List() = Array("Zero", "One", "Two", "Three")

End Sub

But when I insert my Drop Down Form Field I can still only pick 25,
when I get to 26 I get an error

You use this combobox to place the results into a textbox, so you don't
use a dropdown list in the form.

Follow the instructions in the section subtitled 'Create the Text Form
Field'

If you need more help with it, you could post a question in one of the
Word newsgroups, and someone may be able to help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

create a roster

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Task Create - Status

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

Why can't I see clipart on word or publisher.
I have just bought a new desktop computer and loaded microsoft office 2003. When i insert clipart onto a page in publisher or word, I cannot see the picture. the handles are on the page put picture isn't what can I do? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "punch" <punch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

How to create pie chart with %

Viewing pictures in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have recently bought Office 2008 for Mac, and find that pictures in documents created in Word 2004 show as blank frames in Word 2008. Similarly, documents (.doc format) made in Windows do not show pictures, only frames, whereas when opened in Word 2004, the pictures are displayed. <br> Text is displayed correctly. Take a trip into Word> Preferences - View, remove the check on 'Image Placeholders' & make sure that 'Drawing Objects' is checked. If that doesn't correct it ve...

Backing up EXCEL
My EXCEL Files are (I think!) all in My Documents. I can back up My Documents to a CD, which includes EXCEL Files. But is there a better way to back up EXCEL? Red, If you mean the installed Excel program itself, you don't back that up, unless you back up pretty much the whole drive (so you get the registry, etc.) and restore it all too. Normally, if a program like Excel is lost, it's reinstalled from the original installation CD. It's unlikely that the Excel program has been installed in My Documents. Your Excel workbooks and templates should of course be backed up, to the...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...

Creating a Brochure

How do you print an Excel worksheet to show the rows and columns?
I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document that will show the rows and columns, rather than just the information. How do I do this? In Excel 97 (later versions will, I assume, be similar) click File - Page Setup. Then select the "Sheet" tab and in the box labelled "Print" will be a checkbox labelled "Gridlines". Check that and print it. Peter "Michaelangelo" <Michaelangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A635EBC2-AB49-45D8-803D-5C2E91ACDDAC@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document th...

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...