Creating a new list with Last Order Date

I do have a customer transaction history. I would like to get the
latest order date with amount in to another sheet instead of all the
orders under same account number and bring the rest of the
corresponding info to the other columns. Such as bill to information
for my new sales rep. Can someone help me?

Thanks
Vedat

A2=Customer Number
B2=Order numbers
C2=Order dates
D2=Order Amounts
D3=Bill to Name
etc.

A2                 B2                     C2                 D2
CA123           1234                 10/11/06          $500
CA123           2345                 09/10/06          $200
CA123           6785                 06/06/05          $300

0
tr2usa (20)
11/21/2006 2:43:15 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I think I would do my best to keep all the data in one location.  I'd add a
formula to another column and then use data|filter|autofilter to just show those
"max dates" rows.

I put this in E2:
=IF(C2=MAX(IF($A$2:$A$20=A2,$C$2:$C$20)),"MAX","")

This is an array formula.  Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter.  If you do it
correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula.  (don't type
them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

Then drag down column E.

=====
But if you really wanted to, you could apply data|filter|autofilter to that
column and then show just those "max" entries.  Then copy those visible rows to
a different worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Dave Peterson wrote:
> I think I would do my best to keep all the data in one location.  I'd add a
> formula to another column and then use data|filter|autofilter to just show those
> "max dates" rows.
>
> I put this in E2:
> =IF(C2=MAX(IF($A$2:$A$20=A2,$C$2:$C$20)),"MAX","")
>
> This is an array formula.  Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter.  If you do it
> correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula.  (don't type
> them yourself.)
>
> Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.
>
> Then drag down column E.
>
> =====
> But if you really wanted to, you could apply data|filter|autofilter to that
> column and then show just those "max" entries.  Then copy those visible rows to
> a different worksheet.
>
> tr2usa@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > I do have a customer transaction history. I would like to get the
> > latest order date with amount in to another sheet instead of all the
> > orders under same account number and bring the rest of the
> > corresponding info to the other columns. Such as bill to information
> > for my new sales rep. Can someone help me?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Vedat
> >
> > A2=Customer Number
> > B2=Order numbers
> > C2=Order dates
> > D2=Order Amounts
> > D3=Bill to Name
> > etc.
> >
> > A2                 B2                     C2                 D2
> > CA123           1234                 10/11/06          $500
> > CA123           2345                 09/10/06          $200
> > CA123           6785                 06/06/05          $300
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
tr2usa (20)

Default Price Lists
Hi Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice. Many Thanks I need to do the same thing. It's driving me nuts trying to get around it! If anyone can help, that'd be great. Mark Braithwaite wrote: > Hi > > Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating > a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? > > I would greatly appreciate any suggesti...

create a roster

xml schema, order unimportant

Task Create - Status

Print Autocomplete list
I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete list. Is this possible? A reference to a helpfull article or tutorial would be appreciated. TIA There's this tool which may help: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:h99lja$fdl$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of > viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete > lis...

Distribution List Max Number of Recipients
Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5 Thanks. "L. Wagoner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5? It's somewhere in the vicinity of 5,000. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

EPay Date and Status
Hi, In Money 2001 when a transaction was paid with epay it used the date of the transaction, but in 2002 and 2003 if I have a transaction for the 20th and set it to EPay on the 5th (not changing the dates but actually on the 5th set the epay for the 20th) Money will move the transaction to 15th or so. Is there a way to turn this off? ...

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Changing the default sort order of Inbox
I would like to change the startup sorting order of my inbox in Outlook. For example, I would like to have the most recent emails on the top of my list (Received column) when the progam first starts. Just pressing the column header to change the order, moving the selection to the top of the list, then closing Outlook does not achieve this. It does not remember my last sort and the sort order reverts to new emails on the BOTTOM of the list. I would like the reverse of this. Any ideas? "alanporter" <alanporter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Month End Date Ticks
Hello, In Excel 2003 I could use daily data starting on, say, 31 Dec 2005 and ending some years later for a line chart. If in the x-axis settings I selected both Major and Minor units to 3 Months with Base units as Days I would get ticks at each calender quarter end. In this example; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 30 Jun 2006, and so on. However, in Excel 2007 the axis switches over to start of month ticks; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 1 Jul 2006, and so on. Does anyone know what is going on with the date x-axis in Excel 2007? It seems to be a bug as I have tried all manner of settings an...

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

Question--Payment and Deposit order in advance register
Hi Everyone: I just purchased MS Money 2006 and have a question on the manner transactions are posted in the advanced register. I noticed that when both payment and deposit transaction are entered on a single date, the transactions are sorted so that payments are listed first and deposits are listed last. This means that all of the previous payment transactions for that date are drawn from the account without the benefit of the deposit. So payments made against the deposit make the account appear to have insufficient funds for those transactions. Is there a setting to disable the auto...

Creating a Brochure

Select items from list and show in text box
I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have them show in a text box (possibly with the aid of a select button). Could someone please explain to me how to do this as I have no idea about Visual Basic and macros don't work? Thanks in advance Jeanette You can create a dropdown list with data validation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Or, create a combobox on a UserForm: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm02.html rosscojet@tiscali.co.uk wrote: > I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have > them show in a ...

changing the message list in outlook 2003
i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the message look in outlook, it separates the messages by date. is there any way to turn this off, so i just have a long list of messages? Right click on the header in the message list, uncheck "show in groups." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lee Benningfield asked: | i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the mess...