Creating a dynamic URL based on other cells values

Hi all.

I would like to create a clickable link in Excel.  I want this link to
include the values in other cells as parameters.   So, for example:

Cell A1: 123
Cell A2: abc

Cell B2: ="http://server.com/page?a1="&A1&"&a2="&A2

So, this clearly would display: "http://server.com/page?a1=123&a2=abc"
but the link is not clickable.  I'm looking for an easy way to make the
data in this document upload to a web server -- maybe there's something
I can do here that would work, or maybe another trick?

The reason I'm trying to avoid VBA is because it seems to break often
and because emailed macros are often stripped of their code.  However,
it looks like it may be the only way.

My question then is
1) can this be done without a macro in some clever way?

0
juliuss (2)
8/25/2006 1:19:21 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Let's say A1 has:
http://www.

and B1 has:
google.com

then in another cell, enter:
=HYPERLINK(A1 & B1,"goo")

to get a nice "click-able" link
--
Gary's Student

"juliuss@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I would like to create a clickable link in Excel.  I want this link to
> include the values in other cells as parameters.   So, for example:
>
> Cell A1: 123
> Cell A2: abc
>
> Cell B2: ="http://server.com/page?a1="&A1&"&a2="&A2
>
> So, this clearly would display: "http://server.com/page?a1=123&a2=abc"
> but the link is not clickable.  I'm looking for an easy way to make the
> data in this document upload to a web server -- maybe there's something
> I can do here that would work, or maybe another trick?
>
> The reason I'm trying to avoid VBA is because it seems to break often
> and because emailed macros are often stripped of their code.  However,
> it looks like it may be the only way.
>
> My question then is
> 1) can this be done without a macro in some clever way?

0
GarysStudent (1572)
8/25/2006 1:37:02 PM
Gary''s Student -- thanks!!

Gary''s Student wrote:
> Let's say A1 has:
> http://www.
>
> and B1 has:
> google.com
>
> then in another cell, enter:
> =HYPERLINK(A1 & B1,"goo")
>
> to get a nice "click-able" link
> --
> Gary's Student
>

> "juliuss@gmail.com" wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I would like to create a clickable link in Excel.  I want this link to
> > include the values in other cells as parameters.   So, for example:
> >
> > Cell A1: 123
> > Cell A2: abc
> >
> > Cell B2: ="http://server.com/page?a1="&A1&"&a2="&A2
> >
> > So, this clearly would display: "http://server.com/page?a1=123&a2=abc"
> > but the link is not clickable.  I'm looking for an easy way to make the
> > data in this document upload to a web server -- maybe there's something
> > I can do here that would work, or maybe another trick?
> >
> > The reason I'm trying to avoid VBA is because it seems to break often
> > and because emailed macros are often stripped of their code.  However,
> > it looks like it may be the only way.
> >
> > My question then is
> > 1) can this be done without a macro in some clever way?

0
juliuss (2)
8/27/2006 2:46:06 PM
You are very welcome
--
Gary''s Student

"juliuss@gmail.com" wrote:

> Gary''s Student -- thanks!!
>
> Gary''s Student wrote:
> > Let's say A1 has:
> > http://www.
> >
> > and B1 has:
> > google.com
> >
> > then in another cell, enter:
> > =HYPERLINK(A1 & B1,"goo")
> >
> > to get a nice "click-able" link
> > --
> > Gary's Student
> >

> > "juliuss@gmail.com" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all.
> > >
> > > I would like to create a clickable link in Excel.  I want this link to
> > > include the values in other cells as parameters.   So, for example:
> > >
> > > Cell A1: 123
> > > Cell A2: abc
> > >
> > > Cell B2: ="http://server.com/page?a1="&A1&"&a2="&A2
> > >
> > > So, this clearly would display: "http://server.com/page?a1=123&a2=abc"
> > > but the link is not clickable.  I'm looking for an easy way to make the
> > > data in this document upload to a web server -- maybe there's something
> > > I can do here that would work, or maybe another trick?
> > >
> > > The reason I'm trying to avoid VBA is because it seems to break often
> > > and because emailed macros are often stripped of their code.  However,
> > > it looks like it may be the only way.
> > >
> > > My question then is
> > > 1) can this be done without a macro in some clever way?

0
GarysStudent (1572)

Encode URL parameter value?
Hi, I need to pass parameter to a URL (on the internet). Are there any function to encode parameter like Server.URLEncode() in ASP? Thank you, Kelvin Are you talking about InternetCanonicalizeUrl()? "Kelvin" <Kelvin_gl@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:ehdMDOFVEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to pass parameter to a URL (on the internet). Are there any function > to encode parameter like Server.URLEncode() in ASP? > > Thank you, > Kelvin > > Oh yes, it is exactly what I had spent a lot to time looking for... Thank you a lot....

create a roster

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Reference to cell with text is returning #VALUE
I have a cell that references a different cell that that consists of H9:J9 that is formated for and contains text. The referenceing cell shows #VALUE instead of the actual text that is in the cell? Any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help would be appreciated. What does your formula look like? A simple link formula can only reference a single cell. Like this: =H9 You can't reference a range of cells like this: =H9:J9 That is why you're getting the error. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jorist" <Jorist@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Task Create - Status

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

#Value
I need to add 2 cells (E24+E44), how can I achieve this without getting #Value when zero value? Hi Margo, Check your data. The only way you should be getting #Value is if a number is actually being interpreted as text instead of a value. The data in either E24 or E44 has to be text instead of a value. >-----Original Message----- >I need to add 2 cells (E24+E44), how can I achieve this >without getting #Value when zero value? >. > ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Stagnant cell for counting filtered data
I want to keep one cell that houses the count of the data depending on how it is filtered and that cell remain visible despite how it is filtered. I can't get the formula =COUNT(C9,C1:C100) to work or get it to stay visible if I change the filter. Place the formula in row 1 that contains your titles...........assuming you have these. =SUBTOTAL(2,C2:C100) the 2, means count If you don't have titles in row 1, place the formula after a blank row below your data. Note: you use COUNT in your original. COUNT only counts numerics. Maybe you want COUNTA which would be =SUBTOT...

when form created

Question: Dynamic DLL loading / Class export
Hi. I have a class that is exported by a DLL. I have a header shared between the DLL and the app. I want to dynamically load the DLL, then call members of the class I have a function createobject that creates an object and sets the parameter to a pointer to that objec //dll.h// class objec void method() } extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void CreateObject(Object **o) // //code.cpp//// typedef void (*MYPROC)(Object**) HINSTANCE hLib = LoadLibrary("DLLNAME.DLL") MYPROC LoadProc = (MYPROC)GetProcAddress(hLib,"CreateObject") Object* object LoadProc(&o...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

How do I get the 2nd Mode in a range of cells
I want to attain the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. most frequent number in a range of cells. Using the Mode function I can receive the most frequent but how do I get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th,etc. from the same range. Thanks. Hi assuming your list of numbers is in A1:A10 try the following formulas: B1: = MODE($A$1:$A$10) B2: (array entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) = MODE(IF(COUNTIF($B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$10)=0,$A$1:$A$10+{0,0})) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I want to attain the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. most frequent > number in a range of...

Creating an ad book