Creating a csv

I have a spreadsheet with a list of email addresses in the first column. I
want to create a CSV file. If I choose Save as---> csv and then open the csv
file in Notepad the list is saved as a list with carriage returns after each
email address and no commas. So how do i turn the list into a continuous list
with no breaks and a comma seperating each one? I'm using Excel 2007
Thanks
Tony
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Open the file in MSWord and do an edit|replace (or the MSWord 2007 equivalent)
to change the paragraph mark (under the More button and then under the Special
button) to a comma.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> ps.  Remember to save the file as a text file, too.
>
> Tony Williams wrote:
> >
> > I have a spreadsheet with a list of email addresses in the first column. I
> > want to create a CSV file. If I choose Save as---> csv and then open the csv
> > file in Notepad the list is saved as a list with carriage returns after each
> > email address and no commas. So how do i turn the list into a continuous list
> > with no breaks and a comma seperating each one? I'm using Excel 2007
> > Thanks
> > Tony
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Thanks Dave worked like a dream I thought I was going to have to do that
manually with 900 email addresses :-)
Thanks again
Tony

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> ps.  Remember to save the file as a text file, too.
>
> Tony Williams wrote:
> >
> > I have a spreadsheet with a list of email addresses in the first column. I
> > want to create a CSV file. If I choose Save as---> csv and then open the csv
> > file in Notepad the list is saved as a list with carriage returns after each
> > email address and no commas. So how do i turn the list into a continuous list
> > with no breaks and a comma seperating each one? I'm using Excel 2007
> > Thanks
> > Tony
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

How to use "Creat Rule", help please.
I use Office 2003, on Outlook's toolbar has "Creat Rule" button, I do not understand how to use "Creat Rule". How's the details of using this "Creat Rule", please help. Thank you. seagulls You can create a rule to automate some tasks when you send/receive e-mail like move it to a specific folder to automatically sort your e-mail. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "seagulls" <anonymous@discussio...

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

where can i create my own word search?
Where can i create a personal word find? Please re-post with more detail and a clearer description of what you would like to do. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:25:02 -0700, Tameika Allen-Shepard <Tameika Allen-Shepard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where can i create a personal word find? Now I think I got it. You want to create a word search puzzle grid. I don't know of any sites with an example, but hang in. I'm sure someone can help. Gord On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:25:02 -0700, Tameika Allen-Shepard <Tameika Allen-Shepard@discussions.micros...

Looking to create a simple user form with lookup
I am trying to create a simple little program for our employees to check credit card numbers and return which Credit Card company it belongs to. My thought was to have a simple user form 'popup' stating, "Please enter Credit Card Number here", a box to put the numbers in. Once they enter the card number click the button and have it return a statement, "This is a ABC - Master Card, contact number is (800) 555-1234" The lookup would compare the first 6 numbers (although a few only do the first 2 or 5) of the credit card entered, to a list in column A in Sheet1. ...

How do I create a chart with non connecting cells?
One Axis uses the colums D through X and the other axis are rows 63 and 66. I want a chart that will compare the data in cells D63 to X63 to the data in D66 to X66. Is there an easy way to do this? Select the first range Hold down CTRL and use the mouse the select the next range Now make the chart while both ranges are selected A Google search using "excel chart non-contiguous" will yield nearly 7,000 sites (many are helpful) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Gus Arnstrom" <GusArnstrom@disc...

How to create a dropdown list that populates with another list
Hello, let's say in a column, I have the following colors: red yellow blue green orange Then, for every cell in another column, I'd like a dropdown list to be available with those 5 colors available to be selected, and you can select only one. You select the color, and then the cell gets populated. I've seen this done, but I just can't figure out how to do it myself despite numerous searches. Any assistance would be appreciated. On Nov 15, 1:49=A0pm, eggman2001 <sod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, let's say in a column, I have the following colors: > red > ...

Need to create a chart with 4 parameters
JAN FEB MAR Oranges Apples Oranges Apples Oranges Apples Adam 2 3 4 5 6 7 Bern 1 7 8 9 1 1 Collin 3 4 5 8 1 1 Dave 5 6 7 1 2 4 How do i draw a chart to show the number of apples & oranges for Adam , Bern , Collin and Dave in the months of Jan, Feb ... in one graph. Please help. -- will appreciate your help Pia, This is what I did. Started at A1 - Blank, B1 - Jan, D1 - Feb, F1 - Mar A2 - Blank, B2 - Oranges, C2 - Apples, D2 - Oranges, E2 - Apples, F2 - Oranges, G2 - Apples A3 - Adam, B3 - 2,C3 - 3, D3 - 4, E3 - 5 F3 - 6, G3 - 7 A4 - Bern, B4 - 1,C4 - 7, D4 - 8, E4 - 9, F4 - 1, G4...

How to give some rights to "create mailboxes" in Exchange 2003
I have a help desk employee that we want to give the ability to create mailboxes. Where do I go to do that? What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "jheald" <jheald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD65DC2C-01DC-46A0-A1FC-CF25B0AD1E73@microsoft.com... >I have a help desk employee that we want to give the ability to create > mailboxes. Where do I go to do that? > Exchange 2003 "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote: > What version of Exchange? > -- > Ed Crowley...

Active X component can't create object (maybe Access 2002 vs 2000 problem?)
I created an application in Access 2000 format using Access 2002. The systems using versions of Access 2000 are experiencing problems. Since the application uses replication, originally an error indicated the Microsoft Jet and Replication Objects 2.6 Library was missing. The existing reference library was replaced with the version 2.6. Then the error "Active X component can't create object" occurred. The only difference I can be in the Visual Basic references is that the application shows Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library while the Access 2000 systems show the 9...

Ignore a line in a CSV file
Hi all, is it possible to write a line in a CSV file in such a manner, that if somebody open the file in Excel cannot read the line? I want to write something like comments between lines, but this should not be visible in Excel. For any idea thanks in advance. Best Regards, Emil CSV files are plain old text files. So excel will see each line just like any other. There are ways that may work for you... Rename the .csv file to .txt Create a macro that opens the file (parsing the data the way you want). Delete the lines you don't want to include in excel. But if the lines are top se...

Cannot Create a new Company #2
Hi: I'm trying to create a new company in GP, we already have three up and running since November 2009, now i need to add six new companies, just for financial records. While running the utilities, in the 'Load Store Procedures' it gives me: "The following SQL statement produced an error: Grant Execute ON dbo.SE_Get_Acc_Detail_Open TO DYNGRP" I clicked 'Ok' then it gives me: "ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot find the object 'SE_Get_Acc_Detail_Open', because it does not exist or you do not have permission." I click...

Error When trying to create new Item
Good Afternoon, I am in the process of trying to create a new item within Cards--> Inventory --> Item. When I table off of the Item Number field I am receiving the following error message: Another user is creating this item. Please note that there is no one else logged into the system at this time. I have run Checklink against the Inventory Module and it appears to not have corrected the problem. I am at a complete lost right now and would really appreciate some help on correcting this issue. Thanks Don I would exit GP and go back in. You may also want to restart the SQL Ser...

Creating 1 chart with 2 sources
I would like to create a chart based on the following scenarios: 1. If cell A1=B1, then the chart source is AA10:BB14 OR 2. if cell A1 is not equal to B1, then the chart source would be AA20:BB30 Is there a way where this could be easily done? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Maureen. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] You can do this easily with named formulas. Using AA:AC as an example (rather than AA:BB, which is 28 columns!): Create the named formulas below with Insert...

Create a day per view calendar
Is it possible to create a calendar with a day to view? I want to make something that'll fit the general day view flip type desktop calendar with my own pics etc. I can't seem to get the calendar date range to be anything other than months for a start and then I'll need to get two or three of each day on a page (to save printing costs). -- Sue ...

Create marketing CD
We currently have licenses FrontPage, Publisher, Photoshop and Captivate. Our manager would like for us to determine if we can create a professional marketing CD promoting our computer system/software using any/all of these applications, or if we should look into purchasing Flash. Is there any industry-standard software for creating marketing CDs? We developed a web site using TextPad & FrontPage, we use Publisher for some of our print marketing material, we use Photoshop for image editing & we use Captivate to create tutorials for our online help. I'm in the process o...

Dynamically creating new Views
I have a SDI application whose CDocument basically stores a list of packets sniffed on a bus. The main view is a CListView that displays the packets. I also have a graphing window that will plot various varible values stored in the packets. Each graphing window has a list of available varibles to plot, which the user can select and have graphed. The user can also have multiple graphs running at the same time. to do this, every time the user clicks new graph, I create a new graphing window, and when the user clicks the "X", i then destroy the window. My question is how do ...

Creating a formula in Excel
How do I create a formula to update weekly PTO time? I have to keep up with 300 employees PTO time on a weekly basis. Example: I accumlate 1.54 hours at the end of every week with the week ending every Sunday. So starting 1/10/2010 I started off with 1.54 hours. Now, on 2/28/2010 I have accumlated 12.32 hours. I have people constantly asking me how many hours do they have. I would like to create a spreadsheet with all the employees names on it and have it update every Sunday, so that I will not have to go to the calculator for all these employees. Could someone give me an example...

Creating case via email
I've been reading that a customer can send an email and have a case created and receive an email response back with the case information. We setup a queue and can email into the queue, but cannot figure out how to email directly in to create a case. Does anyone know how to do this or where it is referenced in the documentation? Thanks! There is no support to automatically create a case from an inbound email. c360 has an add-on app that will do some of this. Otherwise, you are faced with manaully creating the case. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ----------------------------------...

Creating a large photo presentation with music
I'm trying to create a very large photo (750+ photos) presentation with music that transitions automatically. I want the music to start on certain slides and then repeat the song until a new song is specified. The photos/slides are setup to transition every 4 seconds. I have been able to do this by embedding the music. The problem is that the file is now very large and I'm having trouble managing it. I have trouble saving it and I'm afraid it won't run well from start to finish. I have thought about the following: - Breaking it up into smaller separate presen...

Creating a SOP transaction in Test Company
I am trying to create a SOP transaction, but I keep getting the following error message in the TEST company: A save operation on table 'SOP_HDR_WORK' (45). I have tried restoring the test company from the live, but I still get this error message. I have also run checklinks. Thanks, Craig Craig, I guess this post already solved in post below right? http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&p=1&tid=a3e628b0-f881-4f2a-b14d-2786a1be884a&mid=a3e628b0-f881-4f2a-b...

how do i create an automaticly generating number for a document?
I am wanting to create document with automatic document numbers, eg. invoice numbers, that will automatlicly increase with each document i create. Is this possible in excel or word? If so, can someone please explain how? You can do this with a macro in Word as described in http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm . Brad wrote: > I am wanting to create document with automatic document numbers, eg. invoice > numbers, that will automatlicly increase with each document i create. Is this > possible in excel or word? If so, can someone please explain how? Take a look at ...

how can create stacked column chart join with line
Dear I am trying to create stacked chart which data point join with line but I am unable to create. Pls some one help me. thanks Hi, In xl2003, create your stacked column chart and then double click one of the series. On the Series option tab select Series Lines. In xl2007, create your stacked column chart and then apply series lines via Chart Tools > Layout > Analysis > Lines > Series Lines If these are not the sort of lines you mean you need to provide more information. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info <cdac.anand@gmail.com&g...

how to create message map dynamically
Hi, all, I have created check box button dynamically in the code as follows: while(fgets(Line, LINE_LEN, pApiFile) != NULL) { if(!strncmp(Line, "API:", 4)) { GetDll(Line, DllName)) cDllName[nDllCount] = new CButton(); cDllName[nDllCount]->Create(DllName, BS_CHECKBOX | WS_VISIBLE, CRect(CheckBoxLeft, CheckBoxTop + nDllCount * 38, CheckBoxRight, CheckBoxBottom + nDllCount * 30), ...

Creating a box fro business card
How could I create a rectangular box with round corners on my business card layout? If you look on the left hand side of your screen, you will see the objects toolbar. Click on the Autoshapes button, then go to Basic Shapes > Rounded Rectangle (second item down in the list of shapes). -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Caveboy" <Caveboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82CED5C1-2DFD-4938-8718-6B742FB1DA8A@microsoft.com... > How...