Creating a character limit

Is it possible to create a limit on how many characters can be entered into a
cell? E.g. limiting a cell to a maximum of 25 characters.
0
Darin1 (13)
7/12/2006 5:17:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Data > Valadation > Allow > Text Length > set parameters.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Darin" <Darin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to create a limit on how many characters can be entered
> into a
> cell? E.g. limiting a cell to a maximum of 25 characters.

0
lhkittle (223)
7/12/2006 5:35:10 PM
Use Data | Validation

"Darin" <Darin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to create a limit on how many characters can be entered
> into a
> cell? E.g. limiting a cell to a maximum of 25 characters.

0
Trevor9259 (673)
7/12/2006 5:42:09 PM
Thank you for the info. One follow-up question. Is it possible to cease the
input of characters once the limit has been reached? So as to eliminate the
need to edit the cell due to the error message generated by the limit
parameter.

Thanks in advance.

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote:

> Data > Valadation > Allow > Text Length > set parameters.
>
> HTH
> Regards,
> Howard
>
> "Darin" <Darin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to create a limit on how many characters can be entered
> > into a
> > cell? E.g. limiting a cell to a maximum of 25 characters.

0
Darin1 (13)
7/12/2006 5:49:02 PM
Darin

You cannot use DV to actually "cease" the entry of characters when you reach the
25 limit.

You are stuck with the message and editing.

Excel has no way of knowing what you have typed in a cell until you leave the
cell.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:49:02 -0700, Darin <Darin@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thank you for the info. One follow-up question. Is it possible to cease the
>input of characters once the limit has been reached? So as to eliminate the
>need to edit the cell due to the error message generated by the limit
>parameter.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>"L. Howard Kittle" wrote:
>
>> Data > Valadation > Allow > Text Length > set parameters.
>>
>> HTH
>> Regards,
>> Howard
>>
>> "Darin" <Darin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it possible to create a limit on how many characters can be entered
>> > into a
>> > cell? E.g. limiting a cell to a maximum of 25 characters.

0
Gord

create a roster

Credit limit security
can someone explain how you control which users can override a customers credit limit. thanks GP9.0 -- Christian S South Carolina Christian: You set a password in the 'Exceed Credit Limit' password field in Receivables Management setup. When an order or an invoice is being entered that would exceed the customer's credit limit, it will prompt the user for the password. No password, no go any further with that order or invoice. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Thank You -- Christian S South Carolina "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT&...

How Enter Special Character With Dots Over It?
Hello. I need to enter special characters with dots over them. I know this can be done with vowels and the letter 'y' by keying Shift-Control and then the letter. But I need to do it over *consonants* - at least capital B and V and maybe so others. If beggars can be choosers, I would very much prefer three dots instead of just two. Any ideas? Thanks! On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:15:01 -0800, Peyton Todd <Peyton Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello. I need to enter special characters with dots over them. I know this >can be done with vowels and the l...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Macro to insert Hard Space (character 160)?
Hello, Is there a very simple macro out there that would let me insert character 160 (the hard space) into the current cell? I am looking for something like this because I want to be able to apply "accountant single" and "accountant double" underlining to a blank cell, and Excel seems to demand that some text be IN the cell before it will underline it. The hard space works perfectly, but it would be nice to be able to automate it. Many thanks for any advice, Edward Mendelson Sub HardSpace() ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & Chr(160) End Sub Jerry Edward...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Issue skiping characters by Regular Expressions searching Word
When using Regular Expression search using VBA script in Excel to search Word document, "-" character in the word document gets skiped (substituted with "" empty character). Here is the string in Word: <DE4.0><SWR4.4.l‑CE6:A> Here is the snipet of VBA code used: With Selector.Find .text = "\<DE?*^13" .Replacement.text = "" .Forward = True .Wrap = wdFindzz .Format = True .MatchCase = False .MatchWholeWord = False .MatchAllWordForms = False .MatchSoundsLike = False .MatchWild...

Access unable to create an MDE

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...

Create multiple owner fields?
Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to track the users who is working with an account. I know only own owner field is supported, but is it poosible to have one owner field and custom fields using the lookup dialog to map more users? // Mats Have you looked at creating a custom entity. Then have a Many to One relationship to user and a Many to One relationship to Account. "Langer" wrote: > > > Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to > track the users who is working with an account. I know only own o...

create macro
Hi, How can I create a TWO seperate macros in a spreadsheet in Excel: there are icons/pictures which have a macro attached to it. How do I attach the macro? macro 1: to move to a different cell address like B158. macro 2: to print a certain range of cells. (say A158:G200) Thank u in advance Khalil One way: Put something like these in a regular code module: Public Sub MoveMacro() Application.GoTo .Range("B158"), Scroll:=True End Sub Public Sub PrintCertainRange() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.PrintArea = "A158:G200" ...

Creating a duplicate worksheet
I have a spreadsheet which i wish to give access to other users. But I want this to be a master spreadsheet ,and create access to a constantly updated duplicate worksheet. This will enable other users the ability to ammend or adapt a duplicate sheet that will not affect the master. Can this be done? -- Thanks Paul Keep the master and distribute copies. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Paul" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which i wish to give access to other users. > But I want this to be a master spreadsheet ,and create access to a &g...