Create new database based on two columns

Hello Excel Gurus!!

I am working on a database which actually composed of two excel files. One =
file contains 16000 rows and 20 columns and the other contains about 5000 r=
ows and 20 columns. I need to generate a new database by combining these tw=
o. The criteria for generating the new database is: the new file will have =
16000 rows and 40 columns by matching column A in file 1 and column A in fi=
le 2.=20

I am trying to get this done for almost a week now but without success.=20
Please help me out.
Thanks and regards,
Yes_P
0
pras.kota (1)
2/4/2012 5:36:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Feb 4, 11:36=A0am, Yes_P <pras.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Excel Gurus!!
>
> I am working on a database which actually composed of two excel files. On=
e file contains 16000 rows and 20 columns and the other contains about 5000=
 rows and 20 columns. I need to generate a new database by combining these =
two. The criteria for generating the new database is: the new file will hav=
e 16000 rows and 40 columns by matching column A in file 1 and column A in =
file 2.

> I am trying to get this done for almost a week now but without success.
> Please help me out.
> Thanks and regards,
> Yes_P

Send samples to me along with this msg and before/after examples.
dguillett1 @gmail.com
0
dguillett11 (103)

create a roster

Database Engine Tuning Advisor and autocomplete
Hello there, in the never ending quest for better GP performance, I am onto indexes. I am convinced that there are additional indexes that can improve GP in real life situations, but have been unable to find anyone listing indexes they have used. So my question is, has anyone used the tuning advisor in sql server 05 and implemented its reccomendations? Were there noticable effects on GP performance? While I can run a trace against production and the advisor against a dev environment, I am still wary of implementing the changes in production... On a side question, where are the actu...

Column Width Adjustment
Is there a way to adjust the column width automatically to fit the length of the longest data in the cell. I know how to do it one column at a time but not how to do all columns of data at once. Thanks, Jerry Do a <Ctrl> <A> to select the entire sheet, then, Do the same thing you would do for a single Column: <Format> <Column> <AutoFit> -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Task Create - Status

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

Create external database

tabls in GP90 database
Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. thanks Within the program itself, Tools > Resource Descriptions Also, there are ERD's on the distribution CD's that you got when you purchased or upgraded the system - you have to install the SDK to get at them. -- Lyle U Adam Clark wrote: > Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables > in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. > > thanks ...

Exchange Database Recovery
Hello, We are a small business with one Exchange 2003 Server. The hard disk died on the server the other day and we couldn't boot. I put in a new disk and reloaded Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Thankfully, several of us were using Outlook 2003 with Cached Mode, so we simply backed our email up and reloaded it into the newly restored Exchange. However, one user with several years worth of critical email didn't have Cached Mode turned on for some reason, so I'm trying to restore his email. I was able to connect the damaged hard disk and copy the Exchange database fol...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

How to create pie chart with %

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

How do I make a stacked column chart with side-by-side comparison.
Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Take a look at Jon Peltier's site. He has lots of examples of different chart types. I'll start you out on the page you might want to look at. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html "Tim" wrote: > Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a > clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Here's a page with links to clustered-stacke...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

Creating a Brochure

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...