Create macro not available

I'm trying to create a macro from scratch, and when I select Tools,
macro, and go to the dialog box, the "Create" button is grayed out.
What would prevent me from being able to access this feature? I checked
to make sure the worksheet isn't hidden (I know this can prevent
editing, not sure about creating). I'm using XL2000. Any ideas?
TIA

0
davegb (100)
1/27/2005 6:48:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

dave

Type a name for your macro in the "macro name" box.

Create will un-gray itself.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 27 Jan 2005 10:48:13 -0800, "davegb" <davegb@safebrowse.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to create a macro from scratch, and when I select Tools,
>macro, and go to the dialog box, the "Create" button is grayed out.
>What would prevent me from being able to access this feature? I checked
>to make sure the worksheet isn't hidden (I know this can prevent
>editing, not sure about creating). I'm using XL2000. Any ideas?
>TIA

0
Gord
1/27/2005 7:13:34 PM
Thanks, Gord!

0
davegb (100)
1/27/2005 7:47:44 PM
Happy to assist.

Gord

On 27 Jan 2005 11:47:44 -0800, "davegb" <davegb@safebrowse.com> wrote:

>Thanks, Gord!

0
Gord

is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization
We are unable to track down a message that an Exchange user recieved an NDR. We are trying to track down a message that was sent from Entourage through Exchange Server 2003. When we enter the sender, recipient and server in the Message Tracking center and click on the results, every one says: "The tracking database on <name> is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID No: c1032751 Microsoft Exchange Management." Also, when we look in the senders SENT mail folder, we can find no instance of the messa...

Error Creating User
I have tried adding a domain user to crm using the front end but crm reports it cant find the domain account. I therefore tried using the backend (Deployment Manager - User Manager Wizard) to create the account - bearing in mind the wizard loads up the user accounts from active directory and you have to select a valid account - run thru the process only to be told at the end (80041d2a) - SOAP Server Application Faulted Which apparently means it cant find the domain account!! Any help appreciated. I've run the evironment diags with no faults found. "Dyawlak" <dyawla...

Create a Group Mailing List
I have created mail groups in the past, but now cannot. I have also read all the directions on this message board, but nothing works for me. Help! Why can't you? Are you missing the buttons on the toolbar? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, ...

Create new worksheet name with System DateTime
Hi, in Excel VBA coding, How can I create new worksheet name with System DateTime ? Because I understand the name can not have some special character like colon : E.g Let say now is Dec 11, 2005 1:30:29 pm. It needs to put into string format So it will be 12112005133029 Something like: Dim MyDate as String Dim MyTime as String MyTime = Time MyDate = Date ..... after formating wsNew.Name = MyDate & MyTime Please help. Thanks. Regards, Magix One way: wsNew.Name = Format(Now,"mmddyyyyhhmmss") In article <439b924d$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, "magix" <ma...

Excel 2003 + macro for validation
Hi i have a set up sheet which required cells i need the users to fill in, is it possible that when the button is pressed it highlights all the empty cells that needs filling in giving a message to the user to go back and fill in the required fields? Thanks. Hi, Here I've sheet_Deactivate to call the code but there are several events you could use. Note I've left the syntax in for 2 types of range Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() 'For Each c In Range("A1:A10") For Each c In Range("A1,C1,E1") If IsEmpty(c) Then ...

macro is very slow . . .
Hi to All, I made the following very simple macro saved it in Personal.xls it works, but it runs *very* slowly Any suggestions to speed it up? Thank you ============================ Sub InsertBlankRows() ' ' InsertBlankRows Macro ' Macro recorded 13 12 2007 by Consultant ' ' For nn = 1 To 10 Selection.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Select Next nn End Sub =============================== PS: "very slow" = about 6 seconds for each loop! my machine has 2GB of RAM and runs many other, much more complicated macros a lot faster . . . On Dec 1...

Trouble using macros to send mail in Outlook 2010
I'm doing the following Set objMail = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objMail .To = "myemail@email.com" .subject = "subject" .body = "body." .Send End With This worked using Outlook 2007. Ever since I went to 2010 I see the email in my Sent Items, but it never actually gets sent. Anyone seen this recently in 2010? Thanks. ...

Macro to save in every workbook
Hi All, I'm fairly new to macro's in Excel ( I know it sounds mad ) but I have created a custom toolbar where I'd like shortcuts to all my regular reports. Now I've made a macro that opens the worksheet but when I close and reopen Excel and try run the macro it says it cannot locate it. Can anyone help with this please, also if theres an easier way of creating a toolbar with excel file shortcuts in it then please also let me know. Many Thanks -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Adam, I will send you an add-in that I've written that will create a command...

having excel create a new column in a highest to lowest format

Creating Toolbar Buttons in OneNote 2007 11-27-09
Hi. I created a toolbar button according to 'Daniel Escapa's OneNote Blog : Creating Toolbar Buttons in OneNote 2007' (http://blogs.msdn.com/descapa/archive/2006/08/31/734298.aspx) . It works fine, right the way described in Escapa's Blog. However, my Windows crashes if I deinstall the button. Sometimes it goes so far that I cannot even restart my PC in a recovery mode. I also tried it on a different PC ( both PCs have WinXP) with the same result: Windows crashes if I deinstall the OneNote Button. If you have a look at the latest user post at 'Daniel ...

repeat two rows macro please
I need a macro to repeat rows 23 and 24 at top of each page. I must use page set up to add rows 3 &4 so can't use it for rows 23 and 24 as well. Please write macro as I would use it, using rows 23 and rows 24 to repeat at top of each page. thank you -- J Macho I think you've probably got good starting points in the two posts on the topic you made in the GQ section. Best to keep all your eggs in one basket so that everyone knows what suggestions for help have already been given rather than trying to keep up with responses in several different areas. "jwmbem" wr...

Box 85(T4) available for deduction paycode
Actually, the T4 Box 85 is available only in the Benefit paycode. The other reason for the use of this box is the availability on the box in the deduction paycode. The portion of the employment insurance paid by the employee can put on the T4 in the Box 85. You don't have this option now in Canadian Payroll. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...

Unable to create a mailbox in Exch 2K3
Hello everyone, I have the following problem: I can create an Exchange mailbox for an existing user with no error occur. By look at the user account properties, under the Exchange GeNeral, i can see the correct mailbox store path, which is linking to my Exchange 2003 server. However, nnder the Exchange Manager, I cannot see the user's mailbox in the mailbox store. Also, in AD Users and Computers, under E-mail Addresses there is nothing there, it is empty! :( And also, I cannot connect to the mailbox by using Outlook in the client computer. The error-message is: "Can't fine the us...

but there is no macro.... #2
Thank you very much!! I've now got it sorted - I followed the link and found several little bits of code. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you! :) -- grrr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ grrr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15715 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=272394 ...

Excel Charts
Hi! I create Metrics on various projects milestones. The output in the bar graph captures the how many days early or how many days a project is from it's start date till today. My data is organized on project numbers on X-axis trended against days early (+ve) or days late( -ve) on the y-axis. My issue is that I need to present the project description that corresponds to the project number somewhere in the chart. Please provide your valueable assistance. Regards, Sunil Apply a data label to the chart, either as a label on an existing plotted point, or as a label to a new series add...

How to create the manual in Access database
Hello, I have created my church membership database. And I have created the manual with pictures using words. My question is how can I append this manual, that can be read opened by database menu. Thanks for any help. -- Frank Situmorang On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 20:09:01 -0700, Frank Situmorang <FrankSitumorang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What format is it in? If you turned it into a Help file, Access could call it up. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hello, > >I have created my church membership database. And I have created the manual >with pictur...

Creating a Artificial Count Variable...for Interpolating
Hi, I have an enormous worksheet that I'm working with. Here' s a very small part of it (immigration data): A B C D 1 lag_year total_stock afghan_stock argentina_stock 2 1996 21631601 26988 97422 3 1997 23526859 4 1998 25422116 5 1999 27317374 6 2000 29212631 7 2001 31107889 8 2002 31916574 9 2003 32725260 10 2004 33533945 11 2005 34279584 48093 185144 As you can see I have data from 1996 and 2005 and want to interpolate the values in between. Now this matrix is 573x20...

Excel Macros: Creating, positioning and renaming a sheet
I am trying to create a macro that does the following: 1- Creates a new sheet 2- Places the new sheet at the end (extreme right) all all existing sheets 3- Reads the data written in the cell above the active cell (i.e. cell that was active when the macro was run), and renames the new sheet to that text string. For instance, if 1- there are 5 existing sheets - 1,2,3,4 and 5 (in that order L to R) 2- the button to run the macro is on cell C5 of sheet 1 3- cell C4 has data "aloha" then, if I hit the button: a new sheet called aloha should be created to the right of sheet 5 I think the...

How to sort List<...> -- created using LinQ?
I found a nice LinQ function for GetFiles with multiple search patters (multiple file types -- *.jpg, *.bmp, *.gif). This seems to work nicely except that my list of files has an alphabetical ordering like a1.jpg a2.jpg a1.bmp a2.bmp b1.jpg b2.jpg b1.bmp b2.bmp ... and the routine is listing/sorting all the .jpg's first and then the .bmps, .gifs. a1.jpg a2.jpg b1.jpg b2.jpg a1.bmp a2.bmp b1.bmp b2.bmp In windows explorer the files are listed/sorted by filename alphabetically as desired. a1.bmp a1.jpg a2.bmp a2.jpg b1.bmp b1.jpg b2.bmp b2.jpg ...

Delete Macro
I recently imported a Macro to my spreadsheet however I have deleted it from the list as I no longer need it. Nonetheless, when I reopen my spreadsheet file, I still get a warning message saying that the file contains Macros. I have gone to Tools>Macros>Macro and there are none listed. How can I solve this so that the message doesn't appear each time the spreadsheet is opened? Neil, You also have to remove the modules on which the macros were stored have a look here for details http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- Paul B Always backup your data before tryi...

Macros #36
I tried recording a macro that inserts a row above the selected cell and then puts the word count in the cell above the selected cell. I want it to happen to whichever cell I select but when I run it, it always goes back and does it to the cell that I originally recorded it on. Im sure it is just something I am doing, but could some one help out??? CHris I got this when I recorded a macro: Christopher Anderson wrote: > > I tried recording a macro that inserts a row above the selected cell and then > puts the word count in the cell above the selected cell. I want it to happ...

creating a shortcut on desktop
Hi, I need to modify existing MFC based app writen with Visual Studio 6.0, which is not exactly my cup of tea. One of the things I don't know is how to create a shortcut in code to existing application. Location of the app is unknown and will be determined inside the code (otherwise I could simply copy LNK file). Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks, Miroslaw IShellLink interface will help in this regard, read more here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/ifa ces/ishelllink/ishelllink.asp -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat....

macro programming problem
I use the regression tool to calculate calibration curves in my laboratory. In earlier versions of excel, I have created macros to update the regression calculation. The older macro would not work in excel 2002 (gives an illegal range error). When I try to recreate the macro in the new excel from scratch (by recording), it fails. When I run the macro, it says it lacks the Y range. I have tried defining the ranges by clicking and dragging with the mouse, and also by typing in the range. Neither worked. I originally sent the regression output to a different sheet, but it didnt like ...

Delete Macro Intro
I have used a macro in spreadsheet. How do I delete the beginning login of the macros? Alex, Do you mean that dialog asking you if you want to enable macros?? Tools/Macro/Security and set to Low John "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7201c3d471$38bc8de0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have used a macro in spreadsheet. How do I delete the > beginning login of the macros? Alex Before setting your security to "low" which will let every file with macros open without warning I would investigate the use of Office's Self Certif...

Query to create dates
I want to create a query that returns the dates of the next five Fridays. Is this possible? Simon Next Friday is: Date() - Weekday(Date()) + 6 If you want a query that gives you 5 records for the next 5 Fridays: 1. Create a table with 1 field of type Number, named (say) CountID. Mark the field as primary key. Save the table as (say) tblCount. Enter the records 0 to 4 (5 records all up.) 2. Create a query based on this table. In the Field row, enter: TheDate: Date() - Weekday(Date()) + 6 + 7 * [CountID] -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access u...