Create Formula - Add # of Networkdays to a specific start date to find an end date

I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a
start date.  Example:

Start Date = 1/2/07
Number of Networkdays = 21
End Date = Is calculated

If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end
date????

I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the
Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays.  I can't
find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of
networkdays from start date.

Can anyone help with a valid formula for this?

Thanks!!

0
bdicarlo1 (11)
1/8/2007 11:31:23 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Look for =workday() in Excel's help.
(Also part of the analysis toolpak)

--

Dave Peterson
0

It sounds as though you may need to calculate workdays in each month.  The
excel function is =eomonth(start_date,no of months to calculate days on).
For example eomonth(1/2/7,0) returns 1/31/7.  So in your formula you would
have =networkdays(1/2/7,eomonth(1/2/7,0)) would return 22 days.
Substituting a 1-12 in the last parameter for eomonth would count the days
in all months through the number of months past january.

This isn't the final answer you are looking for but you could experiment
with it.
the eomonth function is in the analysis pak.

> Look for =workday() in Excel's help.
> (Also part of the analysis toolpak)
>
> bdicarlo1@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a
>> start date.  Example:
>>
>> Start Date = 1/2/07
>> Number of Networkdays = 21
>> End Date = Is calculated
>>
>> If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end
>> date????
>>
>> I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the
>> Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays.  I can't
>> find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of
>> networkdays from start date.
>>
>> Can anyone help with a valid formula for this?
>>
>> Thanks!!
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
oylers (9)
1/9/2007 3:23:14 AM
First, it wasn't me who asked the question.

Second, it sounds more like an =workday() question (well, to me anyway).

--

Dave Peterson
0

create a roster

Is there a formula to show $5,000,000 as $5M?
I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. Thanks. You could try something like this: =IF(RIGHT(A1,6)="000000",A1/1000000&"M",A1) unless someone has a better idea.... Sheila "ExcelHelp" wrote: > I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. > > Thanks. Another option: =TEXT(A1,"$ #,, ""M""") Another option would be to keep the value in the cell, and use a similar Custom format. -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "ExcelHelp" <...

When does the auction end?
If A1 contains the current time and A2 contains the time left until the end of an auction in dd:hh:mm format, what formula would show the date and time the auction ends in A3? --=20 Bob http://www.kanyak.com Opinicus wrote: > If A1 contains the current time and A2 contains the time left until > the end of an auction in dd:hh:mm format, what formula would show the > date and time the auction ends in A3? > > Maybe: =A1+A2 Or if A1 is really just a time (with no date) then this: =A1+A2+TODAY() ...

Check to see if a formula is correct
I want to do something like this Sub Macro1() If Range("A1") =(=B1 + B2) Then ' This is a formula Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Select 'Has correct formula Selection.Copy Range("A1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas End If End Sub How do I do this? Hi Try Sub Macro1() If Range("A1").HasFormula Then Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Copy Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas Application.CutCopyMode = False ...

Task Create - Status

VBA Question
Hi, I have a form with a combobox control that list some sizes. They are: 12 18 20 22 I have another text box for keying a custom size, such as 12'2". What I would like to do is have the combobox default to the next size (in this case 18). Here's the code I have used so far (it does a little more than what I am asking for but to give an idea): Dim MCUST As String MCUST = Me.custwidth If Str(Me.widthck) <> Me.custwidth Or Len(Me.custwidth) <> Len(Me.widthck) Then Me.widthck.Value = Int(Val(MCUST)) + 1 If InStr(Int(Me.widthck) / 2, ".&...

Incorrect formula
Would appreciate help with my formula. I only want the 1 to be added to L28 and L29 if they have a value greater than 0. this formula produces 2 even if all the cells have nothing in them, but I need there to be nothing in the cell if no values are in any cells. If the value of every cell in the formula was 1 then my answer should be 14 but if cell L28 is 0 then the answer should be 12, and if neither L28 or L29 has a value then the answer should be 10, but because of the =1 in my formula I get an answer that is 12.(or 2 greater than I want if values are in other cells) Help appre...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

Second Request: change date for electronic payment
I am a new Money user....was with Quicken for 10+ years. I want to change the date of electronic payments in my register to be the same day that the payment is scheduled to be made. It looks as though the only thing that can be changed is the category. In Quicken you are able to change the date for electronic payments in the register without changing the actual day the bill is being paid. When this is done in Quicken you simply get a message telling you that the change will only occur in the register. I do not like the way Money assumes that it's a good idea to set the date about...

Create external database

Formula Bar Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi- <br><br>I have been having trouble with my formula bar. I have gone to &quot;view&quot; and selected the &quot;formatting pallet&quot; and &quot;formula bar&quot; options, but still it does not appear. What else do I need to do to make it show up? ...

How to create pie chart with %

I cant find my send button
Does anyone how where the send button is?? Check and see if your views are correct. When you have a new message open, click view, then toolbars and make sure there is a check mark next to the word standard. That should bring up the toolbar with the send button Angela >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. > >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. >Look on your Toolbar for ">>" and a down arrow. If you hold your pointer on it, it should say "more buttons." Click on...

Month End Date Ticks
Hello, In Excel 2003 I could use daily data starting on, say, 31 Dec 2005 and ending some years later for a line chart. If in the x-axis settings I selected both Major and Minor units to 3 Months with Base units as Days I would get ticks at each calender quarter end. In this example; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 30 Jun 2006, and so on. However, in Excel 2007 the axis switches over to start of month ticks; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 1 Jul 2006, and so on. Does anyone know what is going on with the date x-axis in Excel 2007? It seems to be a bug as I have tried all manner of settings an...

when form created

Formula Help Please #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3EA1F.730C0840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to add a new worksheet and need to copy the formulas from the old = one to the new one. How do I do this? Thanks Jim ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3EA1F.730C0840 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-T...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Formula Modification
Folks: (IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"No Match","Match") Column A Column B Column C 25 50 No Match 30 30 Match 26 28 No Match 55 60 I am using the above formula to compare two columns (A and B) for overlapping (common) data then put the result ("Match" OR "No Match") in a third column. So far this formula has work...