Crash in excel.exe

I have a workbook which I use with 3 add-ins that I wrote. Add-ins trigger
beforeclose and beforesave event on different occasions. Everything seems to
work fine in my personal notebook or in a test-desktop, but when I install
add-ins to other computers I begin to get crashes. It usually happens when I
close Excel. DrWatson Log has something like this:

Application exception occurred:
        App:  (pid=1180)
        When: 5/15/2003 @ 10:24:46.441
        Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

*----> System Information <----*
        Computer Name: WIST-W2P-DZ0CMC
        User Name: ISTBAYOGS
        Number of Processors: 1
        Processor Type: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6
        Windows 2000 Version: 5.0
        Current Build: 2195
        Service Pack: 3
        Current Type: Uniprocessor Free
        Registered Organization: NONE
        Registered Owner: None

*----> Task List <----*
   0 Idle.exe
   8 System.exe
 140 smss.exe
 164 csrss.exe
 184 winlogon.exe
 212 services.exe
 224 lsass.exe
 396 svchost.exe
 428 SPOOLSV.exe
 500 avsynmgr.exe
 516 svchost.exe
 556 regsvc.exe
 572 mstask.exe
 608 winmgmt.exe
 652 svchost.exe
 648 vsstat.exe
 764 vshwin32.exe
 768 MCSHIELD.exe
 876 avconsol.exe
 896 webscanx.exe
1000 explorer.exe
1144 FaxCtrl.exe
1156 SMTray.exe
 920 internat.exe
 868 OUTLOOK.exe
1172 WINWORD.exe
1108 IEXPLORE.exe
1180 Visio32.exe
1120 EXCEL.exe
1244 drwtsn32.exe
   0 _Total.exe

State Dump for Thread Id 0x444

eax=00000000 ebx=00000000 ecx=00000662 edx=00000008 esi=52005000
edi=00000000
eip=600019aa esp=0012f970 ebp=0012f980 iopl=0         nv up ei pl zr na po
nc
cs=001b  ss=0023  ds=0023  es=0023  fs=003b  gs=0000
efl=00000246

function: Ordinal10
        60001998 56               push    esi
        60001999 33db             xor     ebx,ebx
        6000199b 8b30             mov     esi,[eax]
ds:00000000=????????
        6000199d 33c0             xor     eax,eax
        6000199f 3bf3             cmp     esi,ebx
        600019a1 57               push    edi
        600019a2 0f95c0           setne   al
        600019a5 48               dec     eax
        600019a6 8bf8             mov     edi,eax
        600019a8 7574             jnz     Ordinal26+0x1444 (6000531e)
FAULT ->600019aa 395e20           cmp     [esi+0x20],ebx
ds:52ae25d2=????????
        600019ad 7426             jz      Ordinal27+0x6cff (60010fd5)
        600019af f6451004         test    byte ptr [ebp+0x10],0x4
ss:00c0cf52=??
        600019b3 7407             jz      Ordinal27+0x2ee6 (6000d1bc)
        600019b5 b849080000       mov     eax,0x849
        600019ba eb72             jmp     Ordinal27+0x258 (6000a52e)
        600019bc 8b4620           mov     eax,[esi+0x20]
ds:52ae25d2=????????
        600019bf 3bc3             cmp     eax,ebx
        600019c1 8945fc           mov     [ebp+0xfc],eax
ss:00c0cf52=????????
        600019c4 740f             jz      Ordinal26+0x2dfb (60006cd5)
        600019c6 53               push    ebx
        600019c7 8d45fc           lea     eax,[ebp+0xfc]
ss:00c0cf52=????????

Does anyone have any Idea what is this all about...

Thank You.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Money 2005 Crashes on Starup
When I start Money 05 and sign in online, the program goes to the My Money homepage and then crashes. This happens every time I start money while online. If I check the Work Offline checkbox, the system is fine, but I can't download anything. To get it to work I have to start Money 05 and then before I log in, I kill the mnybbsvc.exe program. Then it will occasionally work, but often requires another kill/startup cycle. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. PS: I have the latest version and it has worked fine for me so far. Brian In microsoft.public.money, Brian Vallelunga wrote: ...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

crash in Exit_Instance
I have a simple dialog-based application that loads a dll. I am having a problem with it as follows: When I close the main window, I get an access violation in the ExitInstance function. I see that ExitInstance is called once for the dll (which succeeds) and then once for the main app (which is the call that fails). Stepping through the code, I see that the access violation occurs because the pointer returned by AfxGetModuleState for the second call of ExitInstance points to memory that appears to have been deleted already, and in fact is the same as the pointer returned by the fi...

how do i print from excel to envelopes
mailing address and return address print directly to envelopes or labels from excel There is not an easy method to do it in Excel without trial and error manipulation. Use Word's mailmerge...........labels and envelopes. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:41:01 -0700, gus <gus@...

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

WORD vs. EXCEL: How to Optimize
Hi all... I have a fairly complex spreadsheet that also incorporates lots of legal text. The app allows reps to enter info about prospects, and it computes pricing, generates legal documents, and other info. Clearly, EXCEL handles the math, but is weak with text. Depending upon certain inputs, different blocks of text may be used. Ideal world: utilize the best of both. Question: should I make this a WORD_centric document or an EXCEL-centric document, and how to set up the links between the two. Many thanks... /Randy Randy, It depends in part on the layout you want. With Excel, you ge...

outlook 2003 crashes when opeing inbox email
on certain emails that have a read-only word doc as an attachment, that are in the Inbox, when I go to open them, outlook completely shuts down. other emails are fine. tried this as well: right click on the same email and move to another folder - now I can view it fine. if I reboot the compter, the same situation happens all over again. signed, puzzled Paul in PA ...

Charts in Excel
Anyone have a way to create a combined Clustered Column and Stacked Column chart in Excel? I can easily select one or the other, but I would like to have a combination. I'm using Office version 2002 Have a look at http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "JR1" <JR1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BCD33A6-AC57-474C-8C35-E8A93FE060C8@microsoft.com... > Anyone have a way to create a combined Clustered Column and Stacked Column > chart in Excel? I can easily...

Making counters in excel
Is there a way to get a box to behave as a counter, so that each time you click on it the numerical value will increase by one. I am trying to create a survey response sheet and this would be a big help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ToolsMacro>Record New Macro>name it AddOne. Stop the macro recorder before doing anything else; nothing should be recorded. Tools>Macros>*Select the AddOne macro and click Edit. Paste this on a line between t...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

Excel simple stock control
I am a service engineer, and i'm looking to use excel to manage my stock better I have tried a few things and it's all manually input/edited I would like to know if it's possibale to use VB, to auto manage these levels IE, 1 box asks for the part number 2nd asks you how many 3rd/4th boxes are "+", "-" When + or - is pressed the part number will automatically add's/subtracts that part level. Say.. I had 10x abcde's I enter 2 in "How Many", then press "-" it will then adjust the level from 10 to 8 My excel sheet would have parts...

Information store crashes due to IMC??
I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed in KB article 278320. Yet the fix listed in the article is SP4 for Exchange?? I even reinstalled SP4 early last week & it's still crashing every third day or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Patrick Ford Start by applying post-SP4 hot-fixes. If it continues to crash - call MS PSS and ask for help. KC2NC wrote: > I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 > My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed > in KB article...

Cut and paste from Excel to Powerpoint
Hi If I'm copying a table from Excel to Powerpoint, I usually use Paste Special, then select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) to give me flexibility to edit later in Powerpoint. However, I find that if my table has more than about 15 columns, the 'pasted' version is truncated. If I select another paste option (eg Bitmap), the whole table is pasted, but this naturally reduces the quality and flexibility of the output. Does anyone know how I can ensure that the whole table is pasted, whilst retaining Enhanced Metafile format? Many thanks, O. --- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

anyway common way to handle crash i com object?
Any common way to handle com interface crash?actually i coudn't finout exact reason of crash..(crash coming in releasing time,once in a while) any help really appreciable What kind of crash? Is it throwing an exception? AliR. <hellokareem@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145870108.295757.254160@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Any common way to handle com interface crash?actually i coudn't finout > exact reason of crash..(crash coming in releasing time,once in a while) > any help really appreciable > You have provided no information to help you. Make a releas...

Opening a New Excel file?
On my home computer (MS Office 2000) when I open 2 excel files, there are two copies of Excel that open. Kinda like how MS Word does it. But my work Excel, opened all the sheets in 1 excel. So I have to use Window->FILENAME to see it. But at home, I just use alt-tab. How do I set this up? Is there a setting? Thanks Hi Mike. Try Tools - Options - View - check Windows in task bar HTH >-----Original Message----- >On my home computer (MS Office 2000) when I open 2 excel files, there >are two copies of Excel that open. >Kinda like how MS Word does it. > >But my work Exce...

How do I add a bullet to a note on an excell graph.
I have created a text box on and excell graph with a note in side and want to add some bullets in front of a couple of items in the text box. Chas, To create a bullet, add an "l" to the front of your text. Be sure to leave a few spaces between the "l" and the text. Format the "l" with the Wingdings font. (Format -> Textbox -> Font Tab -> Wingdings) The Wingdings font family contains many characters that you could use as bullets. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Chas. D" wrote: > I have created a text box on a...

msmpeng.exe
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CB3253.135AE730 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Recently I have noticed after rebooting my computer msmpeng.exe will run = using over 90% of the processor. This will continue for several minutes = and I'm not able to do anything. Research shows that this is related to = Defender, but I'm running MS Security Essentials and Defender is not = installed on my PC. Is it related to Security Essentials and is it = anything I need to be...

excel #72
when i send an excel spreadsheet to myself i can open it but if i send it to someone else by email when they go to open it says more than 64 unable to open. i am baffled please help. I'm not sure what that error message means, but there are a few things that can cause trouble when sharing excel workbooks. #1. Recipient doesn't own excel. If all they need to do is view the file, they could use the free viewer from MS: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx #2. You're version of excel is too new for the recipient. If they're using xl95 and you're...

can excel report scientific values rather than absolute numbers?
I'm trying to create a workbook capable of doing the maths behind a biological calculation. The results are very low (x10 E-6) and i would like to report this with the correct scientic prefix (pico- nano- etc...) is this possible in excel? eg result comes as 3.41323E-06 i would really like 3.41 pMol i can get it down to 2 decimal places but i can't set a rule to 'replace e-06 with pMol' On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:09:08 -0700, JamesB <JamesB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to create a workbook capable of doing the maths behind a >biological ...

Clip Organizer Crash Crash Crash
At my wit's end. Win Xp Pro SP1 Office 2002 SP2 Pentium 2.4Ghz HT 1GB RAM Defragged Disk Clean up - OK Recycle Bin - Empty Internet Cache - Clean Temp Folder - Empty Clip Organizer - Compact Video Drivers - OK (Installed when system was set up, operating for 6 months without a problem.) Working on Publisher files. Insert picture, Enter key word, Search, Get results, Start to scroll through results, Little by little, clips start to appear more slowly until finally the program hangs and clips no longer continue to appear, I get 'Program has stopped responding', or have to s...

Converting an Excel File to CSV
Hi, To convert an Excel file to CSV, am I just supposed to go File > Save As and change the type to be CSV? Is the file supposed to instantly look different? I've seen a colleague's CSV file, with all fields separated by a semi colon, but mine is staying exactly the same - in a table. I tried using a Data > Text to Columns function but that didn't do anything, and I could only do one column at a time. I'm using Excel 2000, which I'm unaccustomed to, so pls excuse me if I'm missing something completely obvious! Thanks in advance, Jane What you're ...

getting military time format within excel
is there a way to get military time format in excel? Sure there is. Use FORMAT -> CELLS -> TIME and select the military time format you want. "dgarrison" <dgarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EFE12DC-FC31-4405-9CDB-D4A58B40753B@microsoft.com... > is there a way to get military time format in excel? You can Custom format a cell as hhmm, so it will show 2250. However, you still cannot enter it as 2250; you'll have to enter 22:50 If you want to avoid that, see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Ot...

Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles?
Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles? When I highlight a chart title or axis title, the Format Painter remains grayed out. Without this utility, I don't know how to copy one chart title to another chart title without losing all the text formatting, which is extensive in my case (math symbols etc.) Thanks for any suggestions! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

Money 2003 Crashes
Whenever I change the portfolio view from "standard" to "performance" the Money 2003 Standard program crashes and closes. Do I reinstall the program after backing up my data, or do I first uninstall before doing the reinstall. Thanks, FL Green Reinstalling may not help. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=85. "FL Green" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1922101c44c83$d4b5fda0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I change the portfolio view from "standard" > to "performance...

How do I change the cell padding in excel?
I need to add white space to each row of a spreadsheet where height is auto-adjusted. A feixed row height will not work here. Please help! You want the whitespace at the top or bottom of the cells? To maintain Autofit and have whitespace you can add an ALT + ENTER ahead of or behind the text. Try this. Select a cell with autofit row. F2 to edit. Point to start of text and hit ALT + ENTER to add a blank line. Also make sure the cell is set to "Wrap Text" If you have a great whack to do, a macro could be provided. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:17:02 -0800, ...