Coverting Rows in Fields

I am trying to import data from MS Access but it comes as rows i
excel.
Is it possible to while we importing the database into the excel
we change the rows to columns and data still get synce with databas
source.

lets say fields a1 b1 c1 d1
data    a2 b2 c2 d2

a1  a2
b1  b2
c1  c2
d1  d2

Regards,

khansab14
khansab143's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3640
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56183

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select all the data (fields and data),
right click and choose "Copy",
Right click in top left cell of new location (*no* overlap),
Choose "Paste Special",
And click "Transpose".

You could also paste to another sheet if necessary.
--
HTH,

RD

"khansab143" <khansab143.2b1lc3_1153060209.7599@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:khansab143.2b1lc3_1153060209.7599@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36409
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561832

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
7/16/2006 3:40:36 PM
Thank You,

I am doing for Database when ever new record will enter to the
Access.
i will not show in that situation in the Excel. I already done it. Is
there any other solutions.

Regards
THank again AJ

--
khansab143
khansab143's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36409
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561832

I overlooked the request in your OP to "sync" the data.

Does this work for you?

Say you import to Sheet1.
Try this on Sheet2, where you can enter this formula in any cell:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$AA,COLUMNS($A:A),ROWS($1:1))

Then, copy across, and then copy down.

I've set the index range for 27 columns ( A:AA ),
Which allows you to copy down 27 rows, and across unlimited columns.
If your original data extends beyond Column AA,
just adjust that in the formula.
Of course, the max is 256 rows down if the index range goes to A:IV.

--
HTH,

RD

"khansab143" <khansab143.2b1pqf_1153065905.3661@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:khansab143.2b1pqf_1153065905.3661@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Thank You,
>
> I am doing for Database when ever new record will enter to the
> Access.
> i will not show in that situation in the Excel. I already done it. Is
> there any other solutions.
>
> Regards
> THank again AJ
>

> --
> khansab143
> khansab143's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36409
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561832

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

colum to rows #2
thank you for the suggestion but with some 15000 rows and maybe 1400 names in colum a, it would be very painfu -- alexander ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alexanderd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=498 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27543 How about a small macro? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iRow As Long Dim FirstRow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim wks As Worksheet Dim TopCell As Range Dim BotCell As Range Set wks = Worksheets(&q...

VLOOKUP
When I query a datatable using VLOOKUP I get the answer returned fro the first instance of a name that appears albeit in the correct column If ABC is in row 2 with a value of 5 and also in row 3 with a value o 6, I get the reult 5 from row 2 in my formula. What I need is for formula that will sum all instances of the row name ABC so giving m the answer 11 (5+6). Ideally I don't want to go into VB scripting bu can handle nesting ormulae. I don't want to use dat>subtotals either a I need it to work 'behind the scenes' I am using Excel 2000. Any help would be gratefully receiv...

Extracting certain rows from data
I have a 4 column/4000 row spreadsheet. I need to extract the data on only every 10th row. So I need 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc. I don't care if the data is on the same spreadsheet, or on another one. I just can't figure out how to do it. Anyone up for the challenge? All help is appreciated. This example will copy the rows to a sheet with the name Sheet2 Sub copytest() Dim R As Long Dim rng As Range For R = 10 To 100 Step 10 Set rng = Sheets("sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count). _ End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) Rows(R).Copy rng ...

DataSet row to a Object Array Casting issue. Boolean
I have a class name OrderAckType and it has 3 variables public boolen orderSubmit; public string orderid; public string orderNumber; and i have to get the data from the database and basically this is my Query select Convert(bit,1) as orderSubmit, orderid,orderNumber from order_master The data is returned in the DataSet. Now i want to move that data to this object. so i am doing this. OrderAckType[] oack2 = new OrderAckType[10]; oOrderAckDS.Tables[0].Rows.CopyTo(oack2,0); it cannot convert this bcos of the casting, in the Dataset the ordersubmit is "true" and datatype String. ...

Sum only if corresponding field is not empty
I have a table which includes the date, Expected expenditures and actual expenditured: Date Expected Actual 1 10 10 2 10 11 3 10 9 4 10 8 5 10 12 6 10 7 10 8 10 9 10 etc. At the end of the date, I enter the actual expenditures for that day. Now, for example, say it is the end of the 5th day of the month. I have a sum function at the bottom of actual which is sum(above). How can I get a sum of the expected only up to that current date for which i have entered data into the ...

Locking Rows at Top of Worksheet
I can't remember how to lock the headings across the top of the worksheet so when I scroll down those headings remain in view. Select the row below your headings Choose Window>Freeze Panes Gerry wrote: > I can't remember how to lock the headings across the top of the > worksheet so when I scroll down those headings remain in view. > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thank you, Debra. That's what I was trying to remember. "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wro...

row number in Excel
Hi, I am using ODBC to connect to an Excel database, does anyone know of a function that I can use to select from row 50 to 100 of a spreadsheet. So, is it possible to use an sql statement on Excel database to get a range of rows? Does Excel have a row number function? Thanks Feng ...

Create new field
Access 2007 - I have to label each claim with a claimtype based on a combination of fields and I'm not sure how to do this. In AS400 query, I used conditional calculations, but would really prefer to find a solution that is easier to update and manage. Hopefully, the table below gives an idea of the combination of fields that I am working with. Each claim has all of these fields. However, all claims with Aslob 052 should be labeled "Casualty". All claims with Aslob 230 and FieldB=EPG are labeled "Surety, but those with Aslob 230 and FieldA=EIC01 should be ...

Extender Fields not removed from Smartlist
Hello, I had created a Inventory Add On Window using extender and added on a field called as Manufacturer. I then, proceed to linking the field to Smartlist Item. Once saved, I can not see the field I created via Extender in Smartlist inventory. Unfortunately, I then found out that GP standard already have a field name called as Manufacturer. So, I go back to Extender and change the name from Manufacturer to TagID. But, when I launch SmartList > Inventory > Item, I can still see the Manufacturer extender field I had created and I can never find TagID. I had made sure that...

Address Fields Displaying incorrectly
I've imported a series of address from a CSV file and mapped all the fields correctly (I think) and i have 2 questions Q1 The problem I have is that in business card view the addresses don't display correctly. They seem to be ok if you open the contact but don't initially display how I want them (or like the others already in the contacts folder). To illustrate the problem I've attached an incorrect and correct view of how I want the address information to be displayed. Q2 The email address comes in ok but I want the display name to be "FirstName Last...

Pivot Table: How can I organize data items in a row?
Hi, I am trying to build a pivot table which has categories only in row fields but not in column fields. Instead, the data items should be organized in columns instead of rows. For example, this is what I have now with two data items (habitants and location): inhabitants Country location --------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120 Asia But I want this: Country inhabitants location ------------------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120...

How do I make "No Header Row" the default in 'Sort Ascending'
I opften sort a range of cells using the Sort Ascending arrow. The majority of the time the first row dose not sort, and when I got to Data, sort The "Hesre Row" is ticked. How do I make the default 'No Header Row' and avoid using Data, Sort Thanks DT I don't think you can set the default for an alternative see the macros at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm#icons --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Auto populate fields
I have a form that asks for Name, Job Title, Employee ID number, etc. I can create a drop down list using Validate no problem. However, I want to be able to automatically populate the fields when a person's name is selected. For example, if I select Billy from the Name drop down list, the Job Title, ID Number, etc. gets automatically filled. If you had a table with the other information that relates to Billy (and other names), you could use =vlookup() to return that info. For more info about =vlookup()... You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFun...

Calculating profit fields in PA01304?
I have a quick query, I hope you can help... I am currently writing an integration between our resource management software and GreatPlains ProjectAccounting... I am updating the time-phased data in the PA01304 table with data derived from our database, OK so far... The problem comes when I ripple through the calculated fields that are based on the PABQuantity or PAFQuantity fields that I have updated. I have the GPPA SDK installed and the documentation explains all the formulae for the calculations, but it fails to explain where the values used come from... For example When the Profi...

Locking rows for printing
I'd like to know how to lock the 1st row on the 1st page of a worksheet so that it is also printed on each of the following pages. Grateful for any hints. Mika >-----Original Message----- >I'd like to know how to lock the 1st row on the 1st page >of a worksheet so that it is also printed on each of the >following pages. > >Grateful for any hints. > >Mika Mika - go into Page Set up - sheet - rows to repeat at top and type in $1:$1, where the 1 would represent the rows you want to repeat. Should you wish to repeat further rows, then change the second &...

how can i make the fields in my contact table match the ...
how can i make the fields in my CONTACTS table match the design view of my CONTACT DETAILS form? need to know asap. thanks so much for the help! i will be okay once i accomplish this. :-) On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:58:02 -0800, mercedesb_girl <mercedesbgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can i make the fields in my CONTACTS table match the design view of my >CONTACT DETAILS form? need to know asap. thanks so much for the help! > >i will be okay once i accomplish this. :-) Ummm... You can see your database. We cannot. What are your tables...

missing fields when importing contacts from excel 2003 to outlook
Hi folks. I have a list of contacts that I wish to import into outlook 2007. I have saved it as an excel 2003 document but when I go to import it, I only see 10 out of 12 column headers. The result of which is that the email address and notes do not get imported. I looked through this list to see if I could see any answers and have looked at my named range to ensure it encompasses all my columns and it does, so can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks. Kerry What happens if you export some of your existing contacts to Excel and compare the output to your Excel list? ...

Can I Use AutoNumber Field In Multi-Table Link?
Is there any problem using the AutoNumber field as the primary key, and then using this field to define a 1-M relationship between two tables? I recall being warned against this. At the time, I was using another db app (Paradox). Would this warning also apply to Access? David Portwood wrote: > Is there any problem using the AutoNumber field as the primary key, > and then using this field to define a 1-M relationship between two > tables? > I recall being warned against this. At the time, I was using another > db app (Paradox). Would this warning also apply to Access? No....

Two field entry questions
I don't know if VBA will be involved, but... I have a Word document with some tables and some of the cells of that table should have text entered. What I'd really like to have those cells which require entry to initially be yellow in color, but whenever text is entered (either when the cursor has left the table cell, or also acceptable when any text appears in the table cell) the background color should go away. My second question is that there are some places in my document where I have entered spaces with an underline to indicate that it should be filled out. However, wh...

Macro for Company field in CRM Outlook Client
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse but I have to make this work for this implementation; getting the company field in outlook to populate with the Parent Customer information from CRM. This is discussed in detail in this older post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/9df6e7617277ca1c/b9fed40e3e2095d3?lnk=gst&q=Outlook+Company+field&rnum=8#b9fed40e3e2095d3 I can't use the suggested custom field addition because it doesn't link to Palms. With several guys out on the field, the macro seems like the only viable option. So the macro I...

Saving Calculation Fields Value
hi.. im having a hard time making a database system using only full access.. im not allowed to use any VBA codes.. now im having difficulty on calculation fields in a form.. it is said that calculation fields are not stored in a table.. my question is how can i get the value of that field if ever i have to create another form where i need its existing value.. it would be if easy i can find it in a table but like i said it only exist in the form. please help me with this.. thanks.... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/2007...

calculated fields in outlook 2003 email
Hi I am trying to make a automated email for holiday bookings at our property. Is there a way of calculating dates and using outlook custom fields within the email. I can not find it if there is. thanks Tim A regular email message can't do calculations and custom fields. An = Outlook custom form can, but it would not be an appropriate solution = except inside an organization, and it's not clear that's the scenario = you're working with. (For starters, only people using Outlook can = see/use Outlook custom forms.)=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configurin...

How can I show Fields from the Contract Form on the Case Form ?
Hello, I want to show the schemafield contractnumber on the case form. I tried to add a field in the case customization. I also mapped the field in the Deployment Manager from the schema contracts to the schema Incidient. The Result is a new Field on the Case Form without a value. Does anybody know how to map Schemafields from the schema contracts to the schema incidients. Thanks, Sebastian Evers This is not possible out of box. Your options right now is use SDK if you want to link in a field from Contract into Case. Or wait for v2.0 Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www....

displaying extra fields in org chart after running org chart wiZard
hi iread these instructions in the meaasge board: "After you run the wizard, expand the "Organization Chart" menu and click Options... Then click on the "Set Display Fields..." button and add the fields you want displayed in the shapes. Can you do this in visio 2000, i am having trouble .. ...

How to sum the product of 1 row with 1 column?
I have a column D1:D10 with various value. And a row with A15:J15. Is there any quick formula to perform the following? K15 = (D1*A15)+(D2*B15)+(D3*C15)+...+(D9*I15)+(D10*J15) Copy the values to another sheet Copy range D1:D10 to A1:A10 Copy transpose range A15:J15 to B1:B10 Now use the following function: =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A10,B1:B10) If you like this solution, you may also like http://groups.google.co.in/group/Answers-for-everything/browse_thread/thread/946502c223298627 http://groups.google.co.in/group/Answers-for-everything/browse_thread/thread/1b7a6ecc82c9cb75 For more,post your question...