countif w/ 2 conditions

is it possible to use countif w/ 2 conditions?

--
rp

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Not exactly, but you could use 2 of them, and add them together.

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"A")+COUNTIF(A1:A100,"B")
--
HTH,

RD

"rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to use countif w/ 2 conditions?
>
> --
> rp

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/21/2004 5:56:08 AM
try
=sumproduct((rngA={"joe","bill"})*(rngb))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to use countif w/ 2 conditions?
>
> --
> rp

0
Don
10/21/2004 12:51:23 PM
this would sum rngB
=sumproduct((rngA={"joe","bill"})*(rngb))
to count
=sumproduct((rngA={"joe","bill"})*1)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> try
> =sumproduct((rngA={"joe","bill"})*(rngb))
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> > is it possible to use countif w/ 2 conditions?
> >
> > --
> > rp

0
Don

= 2 or > than
How do I have a formula check to see if a sum is equal to or greater than a set value? I am trying to do something like =IF(U42+U43)is equal to or greater than U45,0,U45-sum(u42:u43) Thanks In Advance Steven Connor Never mind, I got the equation. It is =IF(U42+U43>=U45,0,U45-SUM(U42:U43)) I still have my little problem but at least I am one step closer to resolving it. Thanks Anyway Steven C :-) "**{Steven}**" <none@myisp.com> wrote in message news:uBTW2jO%23DHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I have a formula check to see if a sum is equal to or greater...

Two Screens Part 2...
We are running MS Excel 97 with MS XP OS on a computer with a Matox drive where we have two screens. Excel used to open on the left hand screen but now opens onto the right hand screen. I'm unable to resize the excel application by selecting the border. How can i get it to re-open on the left hand screen as a default? Note: The re-size button acts the same as the minimise button. regards > Wayne ------------------------ I presume you're running it in full screen mode? Click on the box at the upper right of Excel which allows you to resize the window. At that ...

Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added
I need to have a bar graph with two data sets of different scales, yet when I change one data set to an secondary axis, the two bars combine. I need them to be sitting side by side. thanks Hi, Here is one example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Gill wrote: > I need to have a bar graph with two data sets of different scales, yet when I > change one data set to an secondary axis, the two bars combine. I need them > to be sitting side by side. > > thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Actually, th...

Smart List export to Excel #2
Hi, We are using Dynamics 9.0 and Office 2003. When we try to do a Smart List export to Excel, we keep getting an "Exception_Class_Object_Exception" that references varying object errors, such as 'Cells' or 'Value'; the object errors will change each time we try an export. As a workaround, I've found that closing Excel before doing the export allows the export to complete successfully. However, that solution isn't acceptable, as our Dynamics users would like to be able to work in Excel, doing other tasks, while the export is processing. Does anyone...

wrong character set? #2
I have a MFC dll project. When the dll is called, a dialog is poped up. CDialog_Dll::CDialog_Dll(CParameters *parmList, CWnd* pParent / *=3DNULL*/) : CDialog(CDialog_Dll::IDD, pParent) { m_parmList =3D parmList; Create (IDD_DIALOG_MAIN,pParent);//Set break point 1 here ShowWindow (SW_SHOW);//Set break point 2 here }//Set break point 3 here BOOL CDialog_Dll::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); return true;//Set break point 4 here } All above works fine. CParameters is cumtomer class. The problem is coming when I click a button called 'load': void CDialog_Dll::OnBnClick...

CountIf Statement
Can anybody help? I am creating a formula in a cell of a spreadsheet which will Count all in stances of "distribution centre" within a column This is achieved using the =COUNTIF('calls closesdon 3 - 4 Dec'!G4:G14, "GROUP") I was wondering whether it was possible in excel to use a statemen like =COUNTIF('calls closesdon 3 - 4 Dec'!G4:G14, "GROUP") and (nex expression) any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use sumproduct to count with more than one condition multiple ranges =SUMPRODUCT(--(Range1="GROUP&...

Full Screen Mode in CRM 1.2
Is it possible to open by default the new windows of MS CRM (ex: the account detail form) in full screen mode? Thanks for your answer ...

use w/ hand held devices
Can someone tell me which handhled device or software I need to be able to retrieve my outlook e-mail. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "PS" <Philly58@aol.com> wrote in message news:025201c35850$eac20e40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me which handhled device or software I > need to be able to retrieve my outlook e-mail. ...

Comparing 2 columns of time
I am trying to compare 2 columns of time. Here is the formula I am trying to use: =IF(H2>(LOOKUP(Sheet3!A2,Minimums!A2:A35,Minimums!D2:D35)), "Pass","Fail") H2 is the run time (mm:ss), A2 is their age, A2:A35 and D2:D35 is ages and max times. Basically, I look at someone age, then take the time it took them to run 3 miles and compare that time to a maximum standard time for the same age. Example: 22 year old male has 28 minutes to run 3 miles. I want to have the cell tell me if the run time is greater than the max allowed time. Any help will this is greatly ap...

Is this possible? #2
I have 2 PC's. I wish to have email messages come to both PC's that share a common email ID. After both arrive, I want the server to purge the email. Is there a way to make sure that both PC's received the same email message and then would automatically delete the message off the server? ...

Outlook 2007 w/Exhange Account trying to view Calendar(Locks Up!)
What in the world has happened. This morning, I was trying to view my calendar in Outlook 2007 and when doing so, my Outlook locks up and ultimately have to kill the process. This happens every time I try this. I can get to my contacts, email, NOTEs, etc...just fine. Just not the Calendar. For grins, I went into the Web Interface of my Exchange account to make sure I could still read the calendar(and others) via this interface. I worked just fine. At work today, I export my Exchange Account into a PST file and loaded into Outlook 2003(I don't have 2007 license at work). Anyways, th...

Frx Error Message #2
Adding FRx 6.7 to a new computer after installing MBS GP 8.0 & SP2. Error message "FRx Document Image Writer failed. Error 2" received twice when installing FRx 6.7. Install program proceeded and finished. Went ahead and ran FRx 6.7 SP3 and it installed with no errors. Operating system is Win XP Professional SP2. Any ideas on what error message means and resolving any problem? Thanks! FRx Document Image Writer is a customized version of the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer. We use it for printing and previewing of report books in FRx Report Manager. I'm ...

publisher file won't load. part 2
Hi, I posted a while ago about this but cant find the thread, so here's a new start. The problem is a file made on system 1, can't be opened by system 2. I didn't know the versions last time, and someone in the ng asked me for them, but it turns out they are the same. See below. They gave me additional info, but it's bios data. I don't think that has much to do with software versions but I really don't know for sure. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Alby "Their version's numbers are the same as mine. (5.1 2600 Service Pack 1 2600). I thought &...

Directing people to another section of the same email w/out scroll
I am creating an email in Outlook and I want people to be able to click a "link" of some sort which will direct them in one part of the email to a section of the same email farther down without having to have them scroll. Then I want to be able to direct them back to the same place where they came from after reading that other section. ...

conditional formatting coleman
i have in Coleman c numbers and in Coleman d numbers and i want to know if it is possible to make throe conditional formatting not throe vba that if b is > than c and should work for the full Coleman lets say if b1 is > then c1 and if b500 is > then c500 if you have 2007. click on b1 or c1; which ever you are trying to format. click conditional formatting then new rule. Then click on "format only cells that contain", then click the drop down menu and select great than or less than, then click the other cell, either b1 or c1; depending on what you started with....

Fonts #2
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Is there a way to set up which fonts can be made available for MS Office? I do a lot of design work and have a lot of fonts on my computer for use in other programs. MS Office takes a lot of time and memory loading all of thee fonts for its use - which is really unnecessary. Is there a way I can make a default font folder, of only the fonts I want to use in these programs, for MS Office to access?? On 3/31/08 8:54 45AM, in article ee96cc0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "amy@officeformac.com" <amy@officeformac.co...

IF, COUNTIF
Can someone explain why these two expressions differ referring to the value 5? IF(A2:A10<5 etc. ) but COUNTIF(A2:A10,"<5") requires a comma and quotes Wouldn't it make sense for them to be the same? Just wondering. For us it would seem to make sense, but for the computer not so much :-) My understanding is that in the IF statement the <5 is a Comparison Operation which is a part of the 1st Function Argument whereas in the COUNTIF it is a Criteria Reference supplied as the 2nd independent Function Argument. If it stood alone as simply <5 it would ...

Countif ...
I have a column with phone numbers. I want to count how many phone numbers have the area code "214" and "972". Thanks, the first formula worked. "Jason Morin" wrote: > The formula depends on how your phone numbers are formatted and whether they > are text or actual 10 digit numbers. For example, if they are text and you > simply need the first 3 numbers in the cell, try: > > =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(A1:A10,3)={"214","972"})) > > If the area codes are enclosed in parentheses, you could use: > > =SUM(COUNTIF(A1:A10...

recall e-mail #2
Recall or replace a message you've already sent outlook 2000 dad <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recall or replace a message you've already sent outlook > 2000 Are you asking how to do it? To recall a message, both sender and recipient must have their mailboxes onthe same Exchange server. Moreover, the recipient cannot have opened the message yet. Finally, you must keep copies of your sent messages in Sent Items. If thos conditions are met, you can open the message in Sent Items and click Actions>Recall this Message. If you're lucky, it will w...

Criteria/CountIf and Pivot Table
Hello: My data looks like this ID Date CWA Amount 1 08/12/2006 0 $0.00 2 08/13/2006 1 $10.00 3 08/14/2006 1 $20.00 4 08/01/2006 0 $0.00 Based on the above data, I want to create a pivot, by month (I know I only have Aug here) to show the following: Sum of CWA Count of CWA Percent of cases that were submitted with CWA. The CWA is an indicator field that looks at another field (not listed here) to determine if there is cash in a...

password? #2
I set a password in Data File Management > Data Files > Settings, but Outlook is still opening without requesting the password. Must be missing something? -- Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address. ....Lane Olinghouse Is outlook completely exiting when you shut it down? Check in task = manager. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Steve asked: | I set a password in Data File Management > Data Files > Settings, but | Outlook is still opening without requesti...

What are the options for getting a test copy of 1.2?
I have CRM 1.0, ActionPack, and Solution Provider with MSDN Universal, but I am not at this point a Business Partner. What routes are open to obtain a test copy of 1.2 and what are the expected time frames for availability to existing 1.0 users, Action Pack subscribers, and MSDN download Subscribers? Bill Walter Bill If you go to the MSDN site they normally tell you what will be shipping next. Cant remember the exact link but it is definately there "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uEya515sDHA.2508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have CRM 1.0, Ac...

Service Pack 2 and OWA
I'm encountering a rather annoying issue with SP2 for Exchange 2003 in my test lab here. Specifically, I'm having issues with our front-end / back-end configuration. It looks like if you have a front-end server configured with SP1 you cannot properly connect to OWA on a SP2 back end server. You also can�t connect properly with OWA if your front-end server is SP2 and your back-end is SP1. If you attempt to use OWA in these configurations, you can login but all you get is a �Loading�� message in the right hand pane and your folders never actually display. Has anyone else en...

electronic document delivery for purchasing #2
it seems mad to me to that MSBS have done half the job by doing electronic Doc Delivery for sales only. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c97b6ab7-2c48-431a...

Countif
I am trying to solve the following problem i) cells A1 to A10 have either M or F (male or female) ii) cells B1 to B10 have either (grades) A B or C iii) I want (eg cell B13) to state the number of female students who scored A... and cell B14; how many female students who gained B etc I have tried various things including countif, sumif etc. It seems like a straight forward problem but the solution evades me! Eddie =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="F")*(B1:B10=LEFT(ADDRESS(ROW(B1),ROW(A1),4),1))) in Cell B13 and filled down to Cell B15. Alan Beban Eddie wrote: > I am trying to solve ...