Count with difficult/multiple citeria

Hi,

I have a complicated question for help. I hope that I make it sound ok.

First thing to remember is that this sheet is linked to another, which
is in-turn link to another...ive been filtering data!

so what i have is:

>From B3:B200   a list of brands
>From column F2 to to Z2 I have a list of shop names and then their respective sales in F3:Z200

What I want is for it to idenitfy where there are only sales in one
store (so where there are it will say one)...that is easy I can do
that! but the next bit is where I am stuck.

The brands can be the same, so there could be more than 1 brand
matching in column B (B3:B200), and there could be sales in different
shops, e.g. B52 could be the same as B114, but they could have sales
values in different shop cells, eg. H52 and X114. Thus, I would want
this to tell me that this is false. However, if it were to say that B52
and B114 (which are the same) are selling in H52 and H114 respectively,
then it would return a 1 value.

Thus, what I should have is, in say column AX (AX3:AX200) either a 1 or

a False value.

I am stuck because there could be one brand, there could be two, or
three,
or even up 10 of the same brand, but they might be selling in different

shops, i want to identify which are only selling in one.

If there is anyone out there, that understood that! lol, please please
I would really appreciate your help!

Greg.

0
g_r_a_a (4)
9/9/2006 11:34:14 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What is wrong with the suggestion that I gave yesterday?

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"GregA" <g_r_a_a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a complicated question for help. I hope that I make it sound ok.
>

> First thing to remember is that this sheet is linked to another, which
> is in-turn link to another...ive been filtering data!
>

> so what i have is:
>

> >From B3:B200   a list of brands
> >From column F2 to to Z2 I have a list of shop names and then their
respective sales in F3:Z200

> What I want is for it to idenitfy where there are only sales in one
> store (so where there are it will say one)...that is easy I can do
> that! but the next bit is where I am stuck.
>

> The brands can be the same, so there could be more than 1 brand
> matching in column B (B3:B200), and there could be sales in different
> shops, e.g. B52 could be the same as B114, but they could have sales
> values in different shop cells, eg. H52 and X114. Thus, I would want
> this to tell me that this is false. However, if it were to say that B52
> and B114 (which are the same) are selling in H52 and H114 respectively,
> then it would return a 1 value.
>

> Thus, what I should have is, in say column AX (AX3:AX200) either a 1 or
>
> a False value.
>

> I am stuck because there could be one brand, there could be two, or
> three,
> or even up 10 of the same brand, but they might be selling in different
>
> shops, i want to identify which are only selling in one.
>

> If there is anyone out there, that understood that! lol, please please
> I would really appreciate your help!
>

> Greg.

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
9/9/2006 12:34:18 PM
I think the sumproduct doesn't reply the answer that ?I would like

E.g. the function you gave me was:

=IF(COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF((B$3:B$200=B3)*(F$3:Z$200)>0,COLUMN(F$3:Z$3)),COLUMN(F$3:Z$3)))=1,1)

However, if I have three of the same brands in column b, and they are
all selling in shop a in column f, it should return a 1 value, but with
this formula it returns a false value. Thus, this formula doesn't
appear to be taking account of multiple items in column b3:b200.

If you have any other suggestions, i would like to hear from you. I am
currently working on these two options, but they are only returning
FALSE values for every cell once activated with the ctrl+shift+enter
process:

=IF(COUNTDIFF(IF((B$3:B$200=B3)*(F$3:Z$200)>0,F$2:Z$2,""),,"")=1,1)

=IF(COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF((B$3:B$200=B3)*(F$3:Z$200)>0,COLUMN(F$3:Z$3)),COLUMN(F$3:Z$3)))=1,1)

Many Thanks, Greg.

0
g_r_a_a (4)
9/9/2006 1:29:11 PM
Not me pal, the answer I gave was

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(($B$3:$B$200=$B3)*($F$3:$Z$200))=1,"Only one","More than
one")

--

> I think the sumproduct doesn't reply the answer that ?I would like
>
> E.g. the function you gave me was:

=IF(COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF((B$3:B$200=B3)*(F$3:Z$200)>0,COLUMN(F$3:Z$3)),COLUM
N(F$3:Z$3)))=1,1)

> However, if I have three of the same brands in column b, and they are
> all selling in shop a in column f, it should return a 1 value, but with
> this formula it returns a false value. Thus, this formula doesn't
> appear to be taking account of multiple items in column b3:b200.
>

> If you have any other suggestions, i would like to hear from you. I am
> currently working on these two options, but they are only returning
> FALSE values for every cell once activated with the ctrl+shift+enter
> process:
>
> =IF(COUNTDIFF(IF((B$3:B$200=B3)*(F$3:Z$200)>0,F$2:Z$2,""),,"")=1,1)

=IF(COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF((B$3:B$200=B3)*(F$3:Z$200)>0,COLUMN(F$3:Z$3)),COLUM
N(F$3:Z$3)))=1,1)

> Many Thanks, Greg.

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)

Downloading Bank Transactions Multiple Times (MSM2003)
If you download transactions from your bank (or whatever) multiple times -- say downloading all transactions several times a month -- will Money (2003 in my case) recognize that this has been done and ignore the duplicates, or will it just require matching and/or reconcilliation each time. I'd like to keep my Money records up-to-date (i.e., not wait to the end of the month) without having to keep track of which transactions have or have not been downloaded. Currently, I download to a file all transactions for a given statement cycle each month on or after the statement closing date. This...

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Count

Line count

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

multiple digits in a combobox
hello, i have an mfc CCombobox, which is populated with numeric data. For example: 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 14 18 i would like to user to be able to type 14 and have 14 selected. Currently when the user types 1 the box selects 10 and then when they type the 4, the 4 is selected. I currently have the object type set to Drop List. If I change to Drop Down, then 14 can be selected as described, but I dont want the user to be able to enter any numbers that arent in the list. For example, if they were to try to type 13, i want it to stay on 10. any ideas? are there any custom comboboxes that already...

Multiple Scheduling
I have a pocket pc with outlook that I use to follow my school schedule. The only problem is there are 4 different types of schedule each in the same order but the class lengths are different. In addition, another problem is that there is no order to when the occur. Is there a way where I can toggle between two or more different recurring schedule? Thank you for your help Jonathan ...

Counting sales

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

Multiple "SUM IF" functions in one formula??
I know it can be done, Excel can do anything but I'm not sure if I can even explain it. For example, I want column D2 to display a qty IF a customer number equals a specific value AND a part number equals a specific value. Basically Column A is a list of part numbers, and Row 1 is a list of customers. I need to pull how many parts each customer has ordered. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dax" <dax.tipton@smc.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:593e3ca7.0408301337.7b8f6a35@posting.google.com... > I ...

script the save of multiple attachments with the same name!
Hi all. Due to a short sighted process that I did not design, I get a single text file everyday that has the same name called "daily.txt." So I have like a three-hundred of these emails, and I would like to use a script to save them from email to a file on my harddrive, preferably with a name thats based on the date that email attachment was received. If that date thing is not possible, I would be happy just to get the files saved off with a unique name for each. Any one help? These samples show various ways to save attachments:=20 http://www.fontstuff.com/outlook/oltut01.htm h...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...

Calender Excel July
I want to set up a multiple year callener for Jule to June also with weeks 1 to 52 . Is it possible and can you help or just send me a templete. Being as you are posti ng through the discussions web site no one could send you a template even if they wanted to. What do you want your calender to do? -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1173A604-9C5D-450E-ACD2-6E21141CD12F@microsoft.com......

Replace Count
I am using this routine to replace characters in a large text string. I would like to know how many replacements have been made. This is a generalized routine for experimenting. If I set lReplCount = 1, I can get a count but it takes over one minute to run. If I set lReplCount = -1, it takes about 20 mSec but I get no count (except 1). Is there any way to get speed and the replace count? I would be happy with a few seconds and an accurate count. Do If InStr(1, sText, vbCr & vbCr) > 0 Then lChangeCount = lChangeCount + 1 ...

list with multiple repeated data
Hi, i have a column with a list of numers and letters, unsorted. the data in this column can be repeated, it goes like this Col1 054T 034K 056L 045L 045N 054T 076H 034K 045L I Need a way that this codes are copied into another column (col2) but only once. if the code is 2 or more times in col1 it should be only once in col2. is there a formula that allows me to do this on the fly wothout recording any macro? the result shoul look like this: Col2 054T 034K 056L 045L 045N 076H all the codes are in col1, but they appear only once in Col2 Sorry to bother. Thanks for all Arturo Data|Fil...

Multiple email accounts #4
I've upgraded from outlook 2000 to 2002. I have 2 different email accounts and use 2 different ISPs depending on where I am (work/home). I want to download mail into my inbox from both acounts using whichever ISP is best. In 2000 I set up 4 email accounts (1 for each ISP) and to choose which, I could simply click 'include this account when sending and receiving mail' button. This button no longer exists! Any suggestions? "Lesley" <ldusa@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:0bf001c3d5fe$792938e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've upgraded from outlook 200...

Views on multiple folders
In Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server. Hi, We’re dealing with a medium-high amount of folders in some shared mailboxes. I’d like to create two extra views for my co-workers for each folder. The two views are independent of the folder so i just have to navigate through the folder tree and creating the new views and make it public for the folder. My question is: .. where are really these views stored?? I guess on the server so I'm asking myself about the consequences in tearms of memory or performance of each user modyfing each view eventually on each folder. The serve...

Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on the bottom of the window in the status bar. For instance, a client requested a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4 rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8. The search criteria look to be the same as in my local view. Trying it in my local view, I get the same results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13 rows, but the status bar shows ...