count rows of a filtered list

Hi      I am often counting rows in a list that has been filtered. is there
an easy way of finding out how many are in the filtered row, thanks tim

0
adslk4at (77)
2/10/2006 4:04:34 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use the SUBTOTAL function to count the filtered rows. There's
information in Excel's Help, and here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html#Filter

For example:  =SUBTOTAL(3,B2:B400)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Pivot table and counting.

Is it possible to setup a self-updating master list?
I want to setup a master data spread sheet that will update automatically from data entered in muliple other sheets. Bassically if I enter data additional data into the existing sheets that data would automatically appear in the Master data sheet. Does Anyone have any answers? mbh: You might try using either VLOOKUP formulas or linking the main tab with the others. Could you be more specific or post an example spreadsheet with what you are trying to do? -- cparaske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cparaske's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Cycle Counting

Excluding Rows During Printout
Hi, Is there a way to automatically exclude rows when printing an Excel sheet? I have a list of items (in two colums) in a work sheet similar to this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task B: 0 Task C: 2 Task D: 0 Task E: 0 Task F: 0 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 When I print the worksheet I only want to print lines where the time cell is not zero. So the printout from the previous data would look like this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task C: 2 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 Is there a...

Count

Summary in the last row
Hi, I'm need to make a vba macro where the macro automaticly shall find the last row and make a summary of the total column D. I cant get It right, can someone please help? So far I only has typed following. Dim lngLastRow As Long lngLastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Row Range("D" & lngLastRow + 1) = _ -- Best regards Mia Sub slr() dim mc as long Dim lr As Long mc = 4 'col D lr = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row Cells(lr + 1, mc) = _ Application.Sum(Range(Cells(1, mc), Cells(lr, mc))) End Sub -- Don Guill...

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

Line count

money 2003-how do u print a list of checks written
is there a way to print out a list of the checks that I wrote for the entire year? In microsoft.public.money, Dr. Allan Wohl wrote: >is there a way to print out a list of the checks that I wrote for the entire >year? > Customize the Account Transactions report. Limit the account(s) to your bank(s). After each change, click Apply to see the effect. On the Amount tab, specify the range -0.01 to -9999999 to limit the report to outgoing money. In Rows & Columns consider using SubtotalBy:None. In Payee, you can adjust to get rid of payees you don't want. Check the other t...

Makeing a row to be invisible.
Hi, Without using VBA, how can I make a row of cells to be invisible base on value of another cell. for example: make a row to be invisible (by setting row's text color same as background color) if another cell's value is equal to zero. Thanks in advance. Select row to hide. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$A$2=0 Format>Font>Color.......white OK your way out. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:21:33 -0800, "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Without using VBA, how can I make a row of cells to be ...

Counting sales

double-click in between two rows or two columns
How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions when I double-click in between two rows or two column ? Thanks Hi This is a feature of Excel! When you double click the border of the selected cell, the cursor will go to the edge of the contiguous data on the sheet. It's very useful for jumping to the start/end of data. I don't know of a way to disable it. -- Andy. "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf5d01c4382c$a19b1bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions > when I double-c...

trying to create an insert row macro
hey guys, I'm trying to create a macro to streamline a process for one of our factory guys. Right now, I'm going down and manually inserting rows into a database and then dragging the needed formulas and information from the rows above down. What I'm trying to do is make it so he can place his cursor, hit the macro key stroke and have that done for him. When I record the macro, I think I am making an absolute cell reference, because when I run the macro it will only instert where I initially inserted the row. How do I create the macro so he can select where he wants it ...

select query of parent and child in one row
I have a parent table and a child table one parent has between 1 and 6 children in the child table I wont a query to have the parent and the child in one "row" how do I create that? thanks for helping me Your table structure is not correct for a relational database but this will get you there. This has three but you get the idea and expand on it. Place the table in the design grid as many times as you have field to combine. SELECT MultipleFieldData.x, MultipleFieldData.a & IIf(MultipleFieldData_1.b Is Null,Null," " & MultipleFieldData_1.b) & IIf(MultipleF...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

excel problem
Hi - when validating a cell to a list box how do I set the list box so that when inputting the first or first few letters the list it automatically goes to the items in the list beginning with these or this letter??? At the moment I've got a list of around 100 items and having to scroll all the way through is a nightmare Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi this is not possible with this type of listbox. So no solution for it >-----Original Message----- >Hi - when validating a cell to a list box how do I set the list box so >that when inputting the first or fir...

Remove contents of one list from a second list
This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of all registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users who logged in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did NOT attend. How can I easily subtract one list from a larger one? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany RicMurray wrote: > This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of > all registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users > who logged in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did ...

Copying junk senders list
Hi, In Outlook 2000 and 98, how do you copy a junk senders lists to put on another client account? Thanks ...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Sorting Folder List
I've added some personal folders and somewhere along the way, my folder were arranged alphabetically. I don't know if this is the default, bu I'm so used to my Inbox being on top, than when I browse to a differen folder, I find it difficult to find Inbox again, because it's in th middle of this list. I know this sounds minute, but it is reall annoying and I was wondering if anyone knows a way to change the orde of the folders on the Folder List? Please let me know ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post...