Count of the row

Hi,

i have this sheet which contains user information. User name in the
sheets are repeated. I have used pivot tables to display this data.
However, I also want a column which shows the total number of users.
Currently, when I select "Count of user name" in the pivot, it counts
all the existing user names but i want it to display only distinct user
name (i.e), it should not count the repeated the username.

Please help.

Regards,
Navin

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's suggestion:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique

--

Dave Peterson
0

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Excluding Rows During Printout
Hi, Is there a way to automatically exclude rows when printing an Excel sheet? I have a list of items (in two colums) in a work sheet similar to this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task B: 0 Task C: 2 Task D: 0 Task E: 0 Task F: 0 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 When I print the worksheet I only want to print lines where the time cell is not zero. So the printout from the previous data would look like this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task C: 2 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 Is there a...

Count

Summary in the last row
Hi, I'm need to make a vba macro where the macro automaticly shall find the last row and make a summary of the total column D. I cant get It right, can someone please help? So far I only has typed following. Dim lngLastRow As Long lngLastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Row Range("D" & lngLastRow + 1) = _ -- Best regards Mia Sub slr() dim mc as long Dim lr As Long mc = 4 'col D lr = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row Cells(lr + 1, mc) = _ Application.Sum(Range(Cells(1, mc), Cells(lr, mc))) End Sub -- Don Guill...

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

Line count

Makeing a row to be invisible.
Hi, Without using VBA, how can I make a row of cells to be invisible base on value of another cell. for example: make a row to be invisible (by setting row's text color same as background color) if another cell's value is equal to zero. Thanks in advance. Select row to hide. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$A$2=0 Format>Font>Color.......white OK your way out. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:21:33 -0800, "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Without using VBA, how can I make a row of cells to be ...

Counting sales

double-click in between two rows or two columns
How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions when I double-click in between two rows or two column ? Thanks Hi This is a feature of Excel! When you double click the border of the selected cell, the cursor will go to the edge of the contiguous data on the sheet. It's very useful for jumping to the start/end of data. I don't know of a way to disable it. -- Andy. "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf5d01c4382c$a19b1bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions > when I double-c...

select query of parent and child in one row
I have a parent table and a child table one parent has between 1 and 6 children in the child table I wont a query to have the parent and the child in one "row" how do I create that? thanks for helping me Your table structure is not correct for a relational database but this will get you there. This has three but you get the idea and expand on it. Place the table in the design grid as many times as you have field to combine. SELECT MultipleFieldData.x, MultipleFieldData.a & IIf(MultipleFieldData_1.b Is Null,Null," " & MultipleFieldData_1.b) & IIf(MultipleF...

trying to create an insert row macro
hey guys, I'm trying to create a macro to streamline a process for one of our factory guys. Right now, I'm going down and manually inserting rows into a database and then dragging the needed formulas and information from the rows above down. What I'm trying to do is make it so he can place his cursor, hit the macro key stroke and have that done for him. When I record the macro, I think I am making an absolute cell reference, because when I run the macro it will only instert where I initially inserted the row. How do I create the macro so he can select where he wants it ...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

How to copy values in various rows automatically
I have a worksheet function for a cell. Now I would like to copy this function for all the rows in this column. How can it be done? Like copy A1 to A2 thru' A900 Thank you, -Me Me, Select A1. Drag the Fill Handle (lower right corner button) down. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EEF5057-6009-4187-9760-CC58E6312790@microsoft.com... >I have a worksheet function for a cell. > Now I would like to copy this function for all the rows &...

Merging of rows.
I have a excel sheet in which there is data in only one column. The data is spread in 2 or 3 rows and after that there is blank row. The data spread in these row is related to one row. I want to bring this spread data in one row. Blank row can be as it is between ro useful data rows. Maybe a macro would do it: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim CurWks As Worksheet Dim NewWks As Worksheet Dim DestCell As Range Dim BigArea As Range Dim SmallArea As Range Set CurWks = Worksheets("Sheet1") Set NewWks = Worksheets.Add Set DestCell ...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...

Replace Count
I am using this routine to replace characters in a large text string. I would like to know how many replacements have been made. This is a generalized routine for experimenting. If I set lReplCount = 1, I can get a count but it takes over one minute to run. If I set lReplCount = -1, it takes about 20 mSec but I get no count (except 1). Is there any way to get speed and the replace count? I would be happy with a few seconds and an accurate count. Do If InStr(1, sText, vbCr & vbCr) > 0 Then lChangeCount = lChangeCount + 1 ...

Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on the bottom of the window in the status bar. For instance, a client requested a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4 rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8. The search criteria look to be the same as in my local view. Trying it in my local view, I get the same results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13 rows, but the status bar shows ...