Copying the Editing in one file to Another opened XLS file

hi!

I have been given a task to develop some plugin for excel that will
copy any type of editing in the current excel file to the other opened
excel file.

Is it possible. If so then please guide me how to achieve it.

Thanks in advance.

Ahmad Jalil Qarshi

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Depends on what you mean by editing -

Workbooks("sourcebooks.xls).Worksheets(1).cells.copy
' then pick your poision:
Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Cells.PasteSpecial xlFormats
Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Cells.PasteSpecial xlValues
Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Cells.PasteSpecial xlFormulas
Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Cells.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll
--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Ahmad" <Ahmad.Jalil.Qarshi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi!
>
> I have been given a task to develop some plugin for excel that will
> copy any type of editing in the current excel file to the other opened
> excel file.
>
> Is it possible. If so then please guide me how to achieve it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ahmad Jalil Qarshi

0
twogilvy (1078)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Getting frames from "Large" AVI files
Hello all, I am still somewhat new to the use of AVI files within the MFC framework, so I apologise in advance if this question has been asked and answered before. I'm using the usual classes to access frames from an AVI file. I seem not be able to access any AVI file that is more than a certain size (something between 2 and 10 GB for AVI files with a DV codec) and for "smaller" AVI files (around 5 minutes of play or 1 or so GB), I can access frames but nothing over frame 8450 or so. For instance, 7 minutes of AVI at 30 frames per second is 12600 frames. I can access t...

Can I use my exchange service email from work on the 2008 home edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Please help....switched to Mac and can't access work email now..... Can I get the 2008 home student edition, or will I have to go with the overwhelmingly more expensive version? The Home & Student version of Office 2008 does not ship with Exchange support; if you need Office 2008 and Exchange, you will need to buy either the Standard or the Special Media Edition. You might be able to get a cheap license at work, though, so consider asking your IT department for help. That being said, the Student & Teacher version of Office...

Can I "unlock" just one cell in a protected worksheet?
Is there any way I can unlock just one cell in a protected worksheet without removing the protection from the entire worksheet? I am working on a fairly complex worksheet that has 10-15 data entry cells. The rest of the worksheet contains formulas and informational text. I have the formulas pretty much debugged and working. I am now down to making mostly cosmetic changes to the text and formatting. I have marked all of the data entry cells in a different color to help me keep from overwriting a formula, but it still happens occasionally. I usually catch it right away and can recover with ...

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

PST file Size Limit #3
IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 2Gb "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 1.87GB (which is usually referred to as the 2GB limit). Vanguard <vanguard.code@comcast...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

v10 Int Mgr settings for .ini file to see dyn windows being popula
In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows and show the integration running. How do you do this in v10? Thanks Ray Nist Ray, The setting hasn't change. [IMGPPrv] ShowDynamics=True Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Ray Nist" wrote: > In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows > and show the integration running. > > How do you do this in v10? > > Thanks > Ray Nist Thanks Mario. We set this and it ...

BMP file in OUTLOOK 2000
I used to be able to put a animated file in my Outlook2000 message. When a person received my message, the file would should up in the message. Now when I send the message, the file shows up as a attachment. Is their something else I need to do, or Out2000 change where you cannot do it anymore? Change your message format to HTML and choose Insert-> Picture to insert your gif-file -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "bdowns" <bdowns@one.net> wrote in message new...

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Copy picture ossice wizard

several companies (clients) on one physical Ex 2003 server
Hi I get the job to set up an IT-environment, where we can host several companies (20 - 100 users per client) who want to outsource their IT infrastructure. It should be a terminal server environment on windows 2003 with exchange 2003. The clue is to use as few as possible physical servers. Now the question is: I want to host several of these clients on one Exchange 2003 enterprise server. How can I make it possible that they can't see none ressources among themselves (no free/busy-times, calendars, adress books etc.)? they have also different smtp-domains for email adresses. Has som...

subtotal copy and paste

locked publisher 2002 file #2
I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server. When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base or anywhere else. Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the user the option to open the file read only, which is fine. Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this problem? As a work-around I can save th...

Copying graphs

Backup mail server (One domain, two mail servers)
Hey there I setup exchange to receive mail for 2 domains. Its working fine. As a contingency plan i want to setup a scenario in which even if my mail server aint available i shouldnt have LOST MAIL/ BOUNCED MAIL issues. I studied a few possibilities including clustering but that aint applicable to our scenario. The possibility applicable is the presence of 2 mail servers on the same domain. If my primary mail server is not available for some reason, my second machine takes over. I know thats possible but HOW? Can someone guide me to the implementation. At the moment, i have one machine servic...

Compatibility Package for xlsx, docx, etc... files
I have Office 2004 for Mac Version 11.3.7 running on OS X 10.4.10 and would like to find a way to be able to read the new htm/zip files with xlsx, docx, etc... extensions. Has Microsoft come out with a compatibilty package for the Office 2004 for Mac similar to what now exists for Office for Windows XP? And if not, is there any other software around tat allows one to read these files on a Mac w/ OS X ??? In article <1187737312.024903.26070@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, debrigard <debrigard@gmail.com> wrote: > I have Office 2004 for Mac Version 11.3.7 running on OS X 10.4...