Copying Multiple Conditional Formats from One Workbook to another

Hi,

I'm hoping there's an easier way to do this rather than manually
retype 3 conditional formats per column x multiple columns :-

Workbook A is identical to Workbook B in terms of column headings
etc.

Workbook B has no conditional formating, and needs to have the exactly
the same conditional format by formaula as workbook A.

Whats the quick way ?

--
Rich
http://www.richdavies.com/tomtom.htm

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Have you tried using the Format Painter icon?

Pete

On Nov 10, 1:01=A0pm, "richdaviesdot...@googlemail.com"
<richdaviesdot...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping there's an easier way to do this rather than manually
> retype 3 conditional formats per column x multiple columns :-
>
> Workbook A is identical to Workbook B in terms of column headings
> etc.
>
> Workbook B has no conditional formating, and needs to have the exactly
> the same conditional format by formaula as workbook A.
>
> Whats the quick way ?
>
> --
> Richhttp://www.richdavies.com/tomtom.htmhttp://www.richdavies.com/fantasy=
-football.htm

0
pashurst (2576)
11/10/2008 1:22:21 PM
On 10 Nov, 13:22, Pete_UK <pashu...@auditel.net> wrote:
> Have you tried using the Format Painter icon?
>
> Pete

Pete,

Thanks, I didn't even know there was one. I'll explore that.

--
Rich
http://www.richdavies.com/tomtom.htm
http://www.richdavies.com/fantasy-football.htm
Hi,

1. Click a cell with your conditional formatting applied
2. Click the paint brush (Format Painter) tool on the Formatting toolbar
3. Click the sheet tab where you want the format
4. Highlight all the rows that you want formatted.

If there are some rows you want to skip the format painter normally turns
itself off after you "paint" with it.  Instead of clicking it as in step 2
above, double-click it - that will lock it on until you press Esc or click
the button again.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"richdaviesdotcom@googlemail.com" wrote:

> On 10 Nov, 13:22, Pete_UK <pashu...@auditel.net> wrote:
> > Have you tried using the Format Painter icon?
> >
> > Pete
> >

> Pete,
>
> Thanks, I didn't even know there was one. I'll explore that.
>
> --
> Rich
> http://www.richdavies.com/tomtom.htm
> http://www.richdavies.com/fantasy-football.htm

On 10 Nov, 16:39, ShaneDevenshire
<ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Click a cell with your conditional formatting applied
> 2. Click the paint brush (Format Painter) tool on the Formatting toolbar
> 3. Click the sheet tab where you want the format
> 4. Highlight all the rows that you want formatted.
>
> If there are some rows you want to skip the format painter normally turns
> itself off after you "paint" with it. =A0Instead of clicking it as in ste=
p 2
> above, double-click it - that will lock it on until you press Esc or clic=
> the button again.
>
> If this helps, please click the Yes button.
> --
> Thanks,
> Shane Devenshire

Thanks Shane,

Problem sorted, but I do need to practice a bit with this tool, not
used it before. I'd really love to be able to copy the conditional
format across 10 columns, and apply it to 10 columns on another
worksheet.

--
Rich
http://www.richdavies.com/QE2-final-southampton.htm

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

how can you re-number multiple sheets 'automatically'?
I have a large worksheet with a large number (100+) of sheets that I would like to rename/renumber and don't want to do it one-by-one. I.e. change from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc to just 1,2,3,.... If your sheets are named Sheet1, Sheet2 etc without the spaces shown in your post then you can use a macro like this to change the names: Sub ChangeNames() Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To Sheets.Count If Left(Sheets(i).Name, 5) = "Sheet" Then Sheets(i).Name = Mid(Sheets(i).Name, 6 _ , Len(Sheets(i).Name) - 5) End If Nex...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Log data in a shared workbook
Hi all Is it possible to have a spreadsheet which logs data from anothe without over writing each other's data, even though several colleague are inputting and saving in this shared sheet at different times. Eg. Sheet 1 has various data Sheet 2 - A1,2,3, etc = first save Sheet 3 - B1,2,3, etc = second save Etc. ...for the day Cheers Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joey Would you consider writing to a CSV file? You could use VBA's text file functions to write directly to the file, but the file would still open in Excel. One advantage would be that...

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

double line format button only formats single line when added to .
When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format when using this button. It's a bug. There's a workaround in the following thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3C59F286.DB7C606A%40msn.com AlwaysLearning wrote: > When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, > Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button > to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format wh...

Multiple modal dialog or ::MessageBox, crashes the application
Hi, We have an application, in which we need to show multiple modal dialog boxes at the same time. But, when we close these modal dialog boxes, the application crashes. The messagebox is invoked as shown.. ::MessageBox(hWndParent, m_strMsg, g_strTitle, MB_TASKMODAL | MB_SETFOREGROUND ); Here is the call stack.. 524.84c): C++ EH exception - code e06d7363 (first chance) (524.494): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance) First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling. This exception may be expected and handled. eax=001804ee ebx=00fb4cd0 ecx=0012d5f8 edx=7ffeff0...

Multiple signatures problem in outlook 2003
Hi We have two accounts in outlook, one the exchange and the other a pop account so we can sent email under two separate domains (units of business). We need to have separate signatures for each account. We assumed outlook 2003 provided that on its own and upgraded outlook only to outlook 2003 while leaving office versions to below 2003. Now it turns out we also need word 2003 for this feature to work as standard. My question is; is there any way to create an email with a signature other than the default even if it is through vba code? Thanks Regards Not that I know of. --� Milly Sta...

subtotal copy and paste

Use of multiple Currency
Is it possible to change cost for few of the resources. I mean some material in INR and rest of the material and work in $. I'm using MS Project 2007 version. Regards Satya On Jan 8, 8:32=A0am, Satya <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to change cost for few of the resources. I mean some mater= ial > in INR and rest of the material and work in $. > I'm using MS Project 2007 version. > Regards > Satya Sathya - In Project, you cannot use only one currency per project (see Microsoft Help "Change the currency settings for you...

Select multiple records based on search
I have adapted Allen Browne's Search form (thank you!) to setup a search criteria. I have figured out how to double click on a particular record on this list which will take me to the Main Update form and the selected record. What I'd like to do is open the Main Update form with all the records in the search list. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Lock Conditional Formatting
Good afternoon, Is there a way that I may lock the conditional formatting of a cell without locking out the ability to enter data into the cell? I have several columns of data, each column with a different conditional formatting scheme. I want to make sure that no one accidentally copies a cell in one row into another row or does "fill right/left" - which kills the formatting. When I protect the worksheet, which disables a user from having access to the formating buttons (text color, pattern, border), a user can still copy or fill the format of one cell to another. Any suggestio...

how do I convert a publisher document to .jpeg format?
I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any ideas will be appreciated... Is there a reason why you want a .jpg? Would a .pdf work? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Thumper" <Thumper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9FB0F29-3D95-4E22-963B-F2004CA37AE7@microsoft.com... >I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it > can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any > ...

Formatting with MFC
I have an MFC application but I have left the formatting of the controls at the default setting. How do I do the following formatting operations: - Change font size and colour of static text controls - Change edit controls to be 'flat' - Change height/width of edit box - Change text size in edit control - Change background color on dialog box Thanks. >How do I do the following formatting operations: > >- Change font size and colour of static text controls >- Change text size in edit control Make use of WM_SETFONT & handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC. >- Change edit c...

Copying graphs

Multiple Messages in Outlook Express
I am having some of the same problems outlined by Greg. Every time I pull up Outlook Express, it repeats the new messages last received even though I had deleted them and emptied the deleted messages folder. It even replicates them again while the inbox is open creating two or three copies of the same message as new messages. This is very irritating and McAfee virus programs cannot find anything wrong within the PC. Can anyone offer a solution here?? Take your question to the Outlook Express discussion group. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx >----...