Copying from a pivot table

I have a pivot table with data from cell B9 to cell S33. I want to add a few
lines at the bottom (not as part of the pivot table), which subtract the
figures in some of the rows to give a net total.

I have just moved from XL2000 to XL2003, and this has caused a problem.
Previously if say I wanted to subtract the figure in row 21, I could simply
enter "-B21" in cell B38 and copy the formula across as far as column S. Now
I can't do this because XL automatically uses the GETPIVOTDATA function,
which does not adjust relatively as I copy it across.

I can get what I want by first copying the whole table to another location,
but surely there is a simpler way of doing this?

0
bxxcfilm (5)
9/5/2007 1:33:56 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try Debra's page for a way to turn the "feature" off:

Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Brian Clarke" <bxxcfilm@notnildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a pivot table with data from cell B9 to cell S33. I want to add a
>few lines at the bottom (not as part of the pivot table), which subtract
>the figures in some of the rows to give a net total.
>
> I have just moved from XL2000 to XL2003, and this has caused a problem.
> Previously if say I wanted to subtract the figure in row 21, I could
> simply enter "-B21" in cell B38 and copy the formula across as far as
> column S. Now I can't do this because XL automatically uses the
> GETPIVOTDATA function, which does not adjust relatively as I copy it
> across.
>
> I can get what I want by first copying the whole table to another
> location, but surely there is a simpler way of doing this?

0
demechanik (4693)
9/5/2007 1:49:10 PM
Instead of pointing to cell -B21, try entering -B21 to complete the cell
formula
first, then copy it across.

Ivan Hung

"Brian Clarke" <bxxcfilm@notnildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a pivot table with data from cell B9 to cell S33. I want to add a
>few lines at the bottom (not as part of the pivot table), which subtract
>the figures in some of the rows to give a net total.
>
> I have just moved from XL2000 to XL2003, and this has caused a problem.
> Previously if say I wanted to subtract the figure in row 21, I could
> simply enter "-B21" in cell B38 and copy the formula across as far as
> column S. Now I can't do this because XL automatically uses the
> GETPIVOTDATA function, which does not adjust relatively as I copy it
> across.
>
> I can get what I want by first copying the whole table to another
> location, but surely there is a simpler way of doing this?

Many thanks, that seems to do it.

"Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Try Debra's page for a way to turn the "feature" off:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html
>
> --
> Max
> Singapore
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> xdemechanik
> ---
> "Brian Clarke" <bxxcfilm@notnildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I have a pivot table with data from cell B9 to cell S33. I want to add a
>>few lines at the bottom (not as part of the pivot table), which subtract
>>the figures in some of the rows to give a net total.
>>
>> I have just moved from XL2000 to XL2003, and this has caused a problem.
>> Previously if say I wanted to subtract the figure in row 21, I could
>> simply enter "-B21" in cell B38 and copy the formula across as far as
>> column S. Now I can't do this because XL automatically uses the
>> GETPIVOTDATA function, which does not adjust relatively as I copy it
>> across.
>>
>> I can get what I want by first copying the whole table to another
>> location, but surely there is a simpler way of doing this?

0
bxxcfilm (5)
9/5/2007 2:47:35 PM
welcome, Brian
--
> Many thanks, that seems to do it.

0
demechanik (4693)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

making a pivot from an other pivot
Hey guys i need to make a pivot on data that is already returned by a pivot chart in Excel 2000 do you have any refences i could look at ? I am looking at the static approche but i will eventualy be doing it using vba... Regards, Alexandre Brisebois You can record a macro as you create a pivot table, and select 'Another PivotTable report' as the source in step 1. Alexandre wrote: > Hey guys i need to make a pivot on data that is already returned by a > pivot chart in Excel 2000 > > do you have any refences i could look at ? > > I am looking at the static appr...

subtotal copy and paste

create calculated field for age in pivot tables
I need to create a calculated field for Age from the birth date within a Pivot Table (Excel Office 2007). I can not create age in the data set because it is pulling directly from a data source. I tried just using the formula =INT((TODAY()- Birthday)/365.25) but received an error. Hi That won't work because you cannot use NOW() or TODAY() in PT Calculated fields or items. I think the only way you can do it (approximately) if you cannot add a field to your source data, would be to make a calculated field with the formula =2010-Year(Birthday) -- Regards Roger G...

line column Pivot Charts

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

Copying graphs

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

Unwanted arrows when "Format As Table"
When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks. >When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table >style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally >unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks. Here is a before/after pic to show what a distraction the header arrows are. http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8017/excelba2.jpg Now I understand what the issue is....

Pivot Charts #4
Is there a way to change the pivot chart without changing the table in the process? ...

Pivot Table Update?
I have an existing pivot table that works OK - but I want it to recognise and automatically update when a new line of data is input - how can I do this? -- ajames ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ajames's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514328 Use a dynamic range name--one that grows and contracts with your data. See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Then all you'll hav...

Copying Views

Strange Icon
I have noticed a strange picture/icon (Can't paste it here) A small icon with a Blue J and a yellow background. I can identify it or it's purpose. Anyone know what it is? What it does? Thank and Seasons Greeting! What version of Excel are you using? Where/when does the icon appear? HW wrote: > I have noticed a strange picture/icon (Can't paste it here) A small icon > with a Blue J and a yellow background. I can identify it or it's purpose. > > Anyone know what it is? What it does? > > Thank and Seasons Greeting! -- Debra...

Auto filter and Pivot Table
Is it possible to auto filter data, and use it as input to a Pivot table? When I run a test where I first auto filter, I initially had 20000 rows, and the auto filter reduced it to 12000 rows. But when I go to crearte a pivot table on the filtered data, I am back to a total record count of 20000. Am I combining apples and oranges? If so, is there a way to filter data, before it gets inputed to a Pivot table? -- RandyLewisKemp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RandyLewisKemp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...