Copying Formulas to rows

Hi All,

I have created a book which has various formulas accross a row which
are all worked out from figures in that row.

But I cant figure how to make the whole sheet use these forumlas, i.e.
when i start typing info on row 2 it uses the same formulas as on row
1.

The only way I have worked out so far to do this is to copy and paste
each row, but this is time consuming and im sure there must be a
quicker way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
mdj101

mdj101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33739
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=535161

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

try formula drag from http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry01.html

mdj101 Wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have created a book which has various formulas accross a row whic
> are all worked out from figures in that row.
>
> But I cant figure how to make the whole sheet use these forumlas, i.e
> when i start typing info on row 2 it uses the same formulas as on ro
> 1.
>
> The only way I have worked out so far to do this is to copy and past
> each row, but this is time consuming and im sure there must be
> quicker way?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

--
Bryan Hesse
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2105

Thats great,

Just what i needed, thanks.

One other question though.

One of my formulas uses a percentage. as a disocunt for example.

cost price �100 - 25% what i have done is put the 25% in its own cel
as the value 1.25 and used the following fomula.

=SUM(G7*(1/K1)) where K1 is the cell of the percentile. I want to b
able to change the whole work sheet by just changing this cell but whe
i copy the formula it increases the K1 number to the next row. How can
avoid this

--
mdj10

mdj101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3373
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53516

You can use an absolute cell reference - $K$1, instead of K1.
Alternatively, you can name cell K1 (something like "Discount"), then
refer to that name in your formula.

--
BruceP
BruceP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33653

Use K$1  $K1  or $K$1 to prevent the incrementing change when dragging
horizontally, vertically, or either way.

The site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm states:

-Converting Formula to/from absolute with F4 (#absolute)
With the cursor on part of a formula displayed on the formula bar, F4
will change relative to the absolute (A1, $A$1, A$1, $A1). -

--

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

Once you have at least three rows you can get Excel to automatically
extend formats and functions:

Tools > Options > Edit > Extend list formats and formulas

Patrick
http://www.sysmod.com/scc.htm

0
mail3 (7)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

What's wrong with this COUNTIF formula?
=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") A105=20000 There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the formula returns 0. thanks Try the following: =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105) -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "Dave Potter" <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote in message news:6ie9ov48p7tqv85ohpsbnuq7rgi1smtr21@4ax.com... > =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") > > A105=20000 > There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the > formula returns 0. > > thanks As ...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Grouping Rows
I need to group a bunch of rows but I am having some problems. The code lines below works great: Rows("5:8").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I need to group these rows 12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30. I tried Rows("12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I get and Overflow error message. When I tried Me.Rows("12:12,14:14,16:16,18:18,20:20,22:22,24:24,26:26,28:28,30:30").Select Selection.Rows.Group I get a Type mismatch error message. What am I doing wrong? HI The 'Rows' object obviously do not ac...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

Formula to reach goal percentage of migrating customers
I am working on a formula and am stuck. I have a goal date that I want to have a certain percentage of customers migrated (90%). There are many weeks leading up to the goal date. I have the following criteria setup: Prior to Week-4 2% of base migrate Week-4 20% migrate Week-3 20% migrate Week-2 20% migrate Week-1 20% migrate Week-0 balance migrate How can I set up a formula on a declining base to reach my goal of 90%? ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Count Formula #4
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. They all have people requesting time off...first sheet is for people requesting more than a week off - 2nd for 1 week at a time - 3rd for people just wanting 1 day off. The sheets have their name then 2 columns one for days off starting and the other for days off finishing (With the exception of people just wanting one day off) I would like to have another sheet counting the number of people off on a daily basis. It is easy enough using "counif" for the people asking for 1 day off...but I can't seem to easily break out the weekly...

Outlook 2000 SP3

formula to get true average
Hi, I need a formula to achieve a average for some mutual funds I have purchased over a period of years. Column A contains the number of shares I have purchased and Column C contain the price per share and Column D contains the cost for these shares. For example column A2 contains 130.29 and Column C2 contains $18.30 and Column D2 contains $2,484.25. Each cell in Column A contains a different number of shares and likewise so does column C and D. I have 40 cells in Column A each with a different number of shares and Column C has 50 cells each with a different amount per share and Colum...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Need Formula
Hey guys, I am a professional driver and my workbook is setup to keep track of my hours on the road on a day-to-day basis. With the new change in the DOT law I need a solution that complies with those variations but works with this setup: The days of the month run down column A contiguously and each days hours are tracked across rows. For example; Cell E6 is the Drive Time. Cell F6 is the On Duty hours. Cell G6 contains the formula; =SUM(E6:F6). Now, cell I6 adds that total to include the previous 5 cells in column G to come up with a total (the last six days) on duty. Okay, cell K6 is the ...

formulae
Sorry if this is a simple question (I used to know excel alot better ... I think!) I have a column with about various text strings in each cell. In a single cell to the right of this column I want to get the sum of a particular word from that column. can anyone help ? thanking you gerryR Sorry, say my column contains NT 2000 2000 NT XP XP then in my cell to the right I want to be able to display NT= 2 so it counts the amount of times NT appears in the column. thanks gerryR "Mangesh Yadav" <mangesh.NOSPAMyadav@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23tF1WWObFHA.796@TK...

subtotal copy and paste

Formula appearing instead of result
I have the following code in a macro If Range("g" & x - 1) > 2 Then 'charlie if ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C[-3]-RC[-3]" ElseIf Range("g" & x - 1) < 2 Then ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C[-3]-RC[-3]" Else: ActiveCell.Value = "2 yellow" End If In the active cell, I am getting "=R[-1]C[-3]-RC[-3]" showing up instead of the result. I've tried chaning formatting to general, text, number, etc. Sometimes it works sometimes it doe...

formula result not able to be summed
i have multiple formulas, i want to sum the results of formulas in columns l to q, then divide them by the total, i.e. L4:L10 divided by L4:Q10. but the results in those columns are from another column if the result of that other column falls within a certain category. so if D4 is either a, b, or c then L4 = F which is a number, but the value in L4 isnt formatted as a number therefore i cannot sum the values in column L. is there a way around this? Hi If there is a formula in L4, you'll need to turn the result into a number. Try something like: =VALUE(yourformula) in there. Hope th...

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

formula for cell
I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula where I can take for instance a cell with 500 characters and take only the first 30 and paste it in to a new cell. I have used a formula thanks to Gary =left(a1,len(a1)/2 which has worked for other uses I have--now I need to extract only the first 30 characters of a description and I have thousands of cells in my description column..Please Help =left(a1,30) Pete.Cornejo@gmail.com wrote: > > I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula > where I can take for instance a cell with 500...

Copying graphs

Entering a formula into a screentip
I have a "quiz-style" spreadsheet. In it, I have included several CONCATENATE functions that takes their name which they entered at the beginging and a message and their score and puts it into a sentance. I have also used hyperlinks within my spreadsheet, I have been able to include the concatenate feature in these. It is possible to include any excel functions within this screentip? Thank's for your time Dan -- iPod's ROCK! By 'screentip' I assume you're talking about comments. There is no way to use Excel functions within a comment. -- Cordially, C...