Copying formulas Part 2

I have two worksheets open.  In one, I can populate a cell with a formula,
set the cell colors, font, and other attributes, and then double click on
the fill cross (little black cross) and it will automatically fill the cells
below it with like formulas, fonts, colors, etc...  The other worksheet,
this does not work.  Is there a setting I'm overlooking?  Neither sheet is
protected or locked.  I've gone through the options dialog box back and
forth between the two worksheets, but I may have missed something.

TIA

Randy,

0
rvieira (12)
1/26/2005 4:28:54 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Randy

double click will only work if there is data to the left or a total line or
something that tells excel how far to fill down - it will not work
otherwise, you'll have to drag the fill handle down.

hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Randy Vieira" <rvieira@kirkblum.com> wrote in message
>I have two worksheets open.  In one, I can populate a cell with a formula,
>set the cell colors, font, and other attributes, and then double click on
>the fill cross (little black cross) and it will automatically fill the
>cells below it with like formulas, fonts, colors, etc...  The other
>worksheet, this does not work.  Is there a setting I'm overlooking?
>Neither sheet is protected or locked.  I've gone through the options dialog
>box back and forth between the two worksheets, but I may have missed
>something.
>
> TIA
>
> Randy,

0
JulieD1 (2295)
1/26/2005 4:30:57 PM
Thank you Julie, That did the trick!

Randy,

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi Randy
>
> double click will only work if there is data to the left or a total line
> or something that tells excel how far to fill down - it will not work
> otherwise, you'll have to drag the fill handle down.
>
> hope this helps
> Cheers
> JulieD
>
> "Randy Vieira" <rvieira@kirkblum.com> wrote in message
>>I have two worksheets open.  In one, I can populate a cell with a formula,
>>set the cell colors, font, and other attributes, and then double click on
>>the fill cross (little black cross) and it will automatically fill the
>>cells below it with like formulas, fonts, colors, etc...  The other
>>worksheet, this does not work.  Is there a setting I'm overlooking?
>>Neither sheet is protected or locked.  I've gone through the options
>>dialog box back and forth between the two worksheets, but I may have
>>missed something.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Randy,

0
rvieira (12)
1/26/2005 6:19:27 PM
you're welcome and thanks for the feedback

> Thank you Julie, That did the trick!
>
> Randy,
>

> "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Randy
>>
>> double click will only work if there is data to the left or a total line
>> or something that tells excel how far to fill down - it will not work
>> otherwise, you'll have to drag the fill handle down.
>>
>> hope this helps
>> Cheers
>> JulieD
>>
>> "Randy Vieira" <rvieira@kirkblum.com> wrote in message
>>>I have two worksheets open.  In one, I can populate a cell with a
>>>formula, set the cell colors, font, and other attributes, and then double
>>>click on the fill cross (little black cross) and it will automatically
>>>fill the cells below it with like formulas, fonts, colors, etc...  The
>>>other worksheet, this does not work.  Is there a setting I'm overlooking?
>>>Neither sheet is protected or locked.  I've gone through the options
>>>dialog box back and forth between the two worksheets, but I may have
>>>missed something.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Randy,

0
JulieD1 (2295)
1/26/2005 10:53:38 PM
Hi JulieD,
Almost true.  BUT, if you are in Column A so there is no column to
the left, Excel will look at the cells to right when double-clicking
on the fill-handle.
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#mouse

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote ...
> Hi Randy
>
> double click will only work if there is data to the left or a total line or
> something that tells excel how far to fill down - it will not work
> otherwise, you'll have to drag the fill handle down.
>
> hope this helps
> Cheers
> JulieD
>
> "Randy Vieira" <rvieira@kirkblum.com> wrote in message
> >I have two worksheets open.  In one, I can populate a cell with a formula,
> >set the cell colors, font, and other attributes, and then double click on
> >the fill cross (little black cross) and it will automatically fill the
> >cells below it with like formulas, fonts, colors, etc...  The other
> >worksheet, this does not work.  Is there a setting I'm overlooking?
> >Neither sheet is protected or locked.  I've gone through the options dialog
> >box back and forth between the two worksheets, but I may have missed
> >something.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Randy,

0
dmcritchie (2586)
2/3/2005 7:04:00 PM
Just went thought this David,
Double clicking the fill handle will replicate the cell as far down as the
column on the left *or* the right is populated.

If both left and right columns are populated, the length of the left takes
precedence.

You *don't* have to be in Column A for the right column to dictate the
length of the "copy down".
--

Regards,

RD

"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message
Hi JulieD,
Almost true.  BUT, if you are in Column A so there is no column to
the left, Excel will look at the cells to right when double-clicking
on the fill-handle.
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#mouse

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote ...
> Hi Randy
>
> double click will only work if there is data to the left or a total line
or
> something that tells excel how far to fill down - it will not work
> otherwise, you'll have to drag the fill handle down.
>
> hope this helps
> Cheers
> JulieD
>
> "Randy Vieira" <rvieira@kirkblum.com> wrote in message
> >I have two worksheets open.  In one, I can populate a cell with a
formula,
> >set the cell colors, font, and other attributes, and then double click on
> >the fill cross (little black cross) and it will automatically fill the
> >cells below it with like formulas, fonts, colors, etc...  The other
> >worksheet, this does not work.  Is there a setting I'm overlooking?
> >Neither sheet is protected or locked.  I've gone through the options
dialog
> >box back and forth between the two worksheets, but I may have missed
> >something.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Randy,

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Comparing records in 2 databases
I need to update an access database each day, with stock and price info, and then update it online. Is there a way to compare the before and after tables, and make a new table with only the changed records (only the changed fields!) plus the primary key? OR, does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive program that will do this? For Access 2k. Thanks! Tracking date record was created or updated, SQL Syntax --- It is a good idea to add these 2 fields to all your tables (except lookups). Let them be the last 2 fields. DateCreated, date, DefaultValue = Now() DateModified, date � set on...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Spreadsheet query #2
I have devised a list of items in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Against each item (in a different cell) is an amount which represtents the items value. I want to be able to use this spreadsheet, so that I can extract, say, all items under �6,000. Is this possible in Excel, or should I be using a database? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Michael. Hello Michael Advanced Filter is one way, Pivot Table is an other way. To my opinion, use of a database would be advisable if records exceed around 10000 items. HTH Cordially Pascal "Michael Dedman" <Mike@Le-Software-Man....

What's wrong with this COUNTIF formula?
=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") A105=20000 There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the formula returns 0. thanks Try the following: =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105) -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "Dave Potter" <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote in message news:6ie9ov48p7tqv85ohpsbnuq7rgi1smtr21@4ax.com... > =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") > > A105=20000 > There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the > formula returns 0. > > thanks As ...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

Formula to reach goal percentage of migrating customers
I am working on a formula and am stuck. I have a goal date that I want to have a certain percentage of customers migrated (90%). There are many weeks leading up to the goal date. I have the following criteria setup: Prior to Week-4 2% of base migrate Week-4 20% migrate Week-3 20% migrate Week-2 20% migrate Week-1 20% migrate Week-0 balance migrate How can I set up a formula on a declining base to reach my goal of 90%? ...

Secondary Copy

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

local copy of mail

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Count Formula #4
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. They all have people requesting time off...first sheet is for people requesting more than a week off - 2nd for 1 week at a time - 3rd for people just wanting 1 day off. The sheets have their name then 2 columns one for days off starting and the other for days off finishing (With the exception of people just wanting one day off) I would like to have another sheet counting the number of people off on a daily basis. It is easy enough using "counif" for the people asking for 1 day off...but I can't seem to easily break out the weekly...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Adding an Account Transfer to the Budget #2
I would like to add an account transfer that occurs every month (to a college savings account) to my budget. I have the account set up in money but can’t figure out how to add the transfer to the budget. I have a similar transfer to a retirement account in the budget but can’t remember how I did it…maybe I added it when I initially set up the budget…shouldn’t I be able to add another? You can't add transfers to the budget if both of those accounts are already in the budget. However, if you remove the savings account from the budget, it will show up in 'transfers out of budget&#...

formula to get true average
Hi, I need a formula to achieve a average for some mutual funds I have purchased over a period of years. Column A contains the number of shares I have purchased and Column C contain the price per share and Column D contains the cost for these shares. For example column A2 contains 130.29 and Column C2 contains $18.30 and Column D2 contains $2,484.25. Each cell in Column A contains a different number of shares and likewise so does column C and D. I have 40 cells in Column A each with a different number of shares and Column C has 50 cells each with a different amount per share and Colum...

BadMail Utility #2
Hi! Will the utility mrntion below works with Excahneg 2000 too. The download window says Exchange 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=782aaf0f-6239-40ad-adda-97863d852ff7&displaylang=en Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Will the utility mrntion below works with Excahneg 2000 too. The download >window says Exchange 2003. It'll run with E2K SP2. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

Need Formula
Hey guys, I am a professional driver and my workbook is setup to keep track of my hours on the road on a day-to-day basis. With the new change in the DOT law I need a solution that complies with those variations but works with this setup: The days of the month run down column A contiguously and each days hours are tracked across rows. For example; Cell E6 is the Drive Time. Cell F6 is the On Duty hours. Cell G6 contains the formula; =SUM(E6:F6). Now, cell I6 adds that total to include the previous 5 cells in column G to come up with a total (the last six days) on duty. Okay, cell K6 is the ...

formulae
Sorry if this is a simple question (I used to know excel alot better ... I think!) I have a column with about various text strings in each cell. In a single cell to the right of this column I want to get the sum of a particular word from that column. can anyone help ? thanking you gerryR Sorry, say my column contains NT 2000 2000 NT XP XP then in my cell to the right I want to be able to display NT= 2 so it counts the amount of times NT appears in the column. thanks gerryR "Mangesh Yadav" <mangesh.NOSPAMyadav@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23tF1WWObFHA.796@TK...

Error 553 #2
I am trying to configure Outlook 2002 to use a POP account hosted under a domain name I purchased. When I set up the account in Outlook I can successfully send a test message to myself. I can receive messages from any other account, no problem. However I cannot send a message to any other address. I get the message "553 sorry that domain name does not exist in my rcpthost file". I ahve called support fromt he company I bought hte domain name from and I hav called support from Adelphia whoI ahve high speed internet access from, and who host the outgoing mail server. Neither ...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

subtotal copy and paste

formula result not able to be summed
i have multiple formulas, i want to sum the results of formulas in columns l to q, then divide them by the total, i.e. L4:L10 divided by L4:Q10. but the results in those columns are from another column if the result of that other column falls within a certain category. so if D4 is either a, b, or c then L4 = F which is a number, but the value in L4 isnt formatted as a number therefore i cannot sum the values in column L. is there a way around this? Hi If there is a formula in L4, you'll need to turn the result into a number. Try something like: =VALUE(yourformula) in there. Hope th...