Copying File Properties of Excel Worksheet

Hello

I want to know if it is possible to enter all the file properties,
Title, Subject Author, Manager, Company Category, key words
from the File>>Properties>>Summary menu and copy these into other
Worksheets automatically.

can this be done with a MACRO or script?  Trying to find a way to get
lazy people to fill in these blanks

Serno001
0
serno001 (1)
8/12/2008 6:28:58 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Worksheets don't have Properties.

Workbooks have Properties.

Why would you want to copy the same properties data to each workbook?

Wouldn't a lot of those custom properties be unique to its own workbook?

Like Author, keywords etc.

You want all New workbooks to have the Properties of one default workbook?

Open a new workbook, customize the File>Properties as you wish.

File>Save As Type:  scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select.  Name
your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as
BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the users' XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for File>New or the Toolbar button
New Button or CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use File>New...Blank Workbook or you will get
the Excel default workbook.

NOTE:  Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:28:58 -0400, serno001@yahoo.com wrote:

>Hello
>
>I want to know if it is possible to enter all the file properties,
>Title, Subject Author, Manager, Company Category, key words
>from the File>>Properties>>Summary menu and copy these into other
>Worksheets automatically.
>
>can this be done with a MACRO or script?  Trying to find a way to get
>lazy people to fill in these blanks
>
>Serno001

0
Gord

Any Generous Excel Gurus our there??
I am trying to complete a project involving horseracing handicapping (using data files that are comma delimited). I am so close, but need just a few more things to tie up. Anyone interested in helping?? If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'. Thank you, Scott ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Why not post your questions here so that others may benefit from any solution offered. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to complete a ...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

local copy of mail

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Secondary Copy

PST file Size Limit #3
IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 2Gb "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 1.87GB (which is usually referred to as the 2GB limit). Vanguard <vanguard.code@comcast...

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

Outlook 2000 SP3

BMP file in OUTLOOK 2000
I used to be able to put a animated file in my Outlook2000 message. When a person received my message, the file would should up in the message. Now when I send the message, the file shows up as a attachment. Is their something else I need to do, or Out2000 change where you cannot do it anymore? Change your message format to HTML and choose Insert-> Picture to insert your gif-file -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "bdowns" <bdowns@one.net> wrote in message new...

v10 Int Mgr settings for .ini file to see dyn windows being popula
In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows and show the integration running. How do you do this in v10? Thanks Ray Nist Ray, The setting hasn't change. [IMGPPrv] ShowDynamics=True Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Ray Nist" wrote: > In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows > and show the integration running. > > How do you do this in v10? > > Thanks > Ray Nist Thanks Mario. We set this and it ...

CDaoTableDef
I'm developing an application that uses the MicroSoft Access Jet DB engine. This is being done using C++ in VS.net. I need to change the user's db when they use the new version of the program. In particular I need to change the length of a text field in a pre-existing db without loosing the user's data. When I wanted to add a new field I used CDaoTableDef and it worked fine, but I can't locate a method to just update an existing field's properties. Any Ideas on how this can be done?? Thanks, Neil Neil if you need to alter the attributes of a tabledef object, you ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Checkboxes in Excel to Access
Hi All, I need to convert an Excel table into Access however the Excel tabl contains checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get the values from th checkbox, ie T/F, referenced. Any ideas will be much appreciated Thank -- rodmasters23Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i What happens when you import the Excel data into an Access table? -- More info, please ... Jeff Boyce <Office/Access MVP> "rodmasters23" <rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com... > > Hi All, > > I need to convert an Excel table in...

pdf file
When I try to open up a word pdf file in Microsoft Outlook Express I get a file conversion box. No matter what language or defalt setting I choose I still get symbols and numbers that make no sense. I have Word 2003. How can I make it readable? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Files with "xla" extentions
How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file. Hi Tools>Add-ins Click on the Add-in and Excel will ask you if you want to delete it. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "thorviag" <thorviag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D742DD-D1DE-4B78-9BCD-F0138CB70E0B@microsoft.com... > How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the > files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file. ...

Outlook dbx file
My boss saved his outlook express messages to a file with a dbx extension on a memory stick off his old computer. How do I get outlook express to recognize the file on his new computer or restore it on his old one? He wants his messages back and I don't know how to open the dbx file and I can't seem to copy it back to it's original folder. Thanks. 1. Email Messages: From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory ...

subtotal copy and paste

Planner in Excel
Hi, Need your help to create a simple planner in Excel. I found plenty calendars, nice planners, plain and array formula solutions but they all appeared to be formatted as normal calendar grid (by weeks) or dates distributed down the column. I need dates distributed across the single row with week's numbers and days above. Let's say following set up (formatting): 1. Columns 1 and 2 are reserved for project number, project name 2. Row 1 - month name 3. Row 2 - week number (formatted centred for 7 weekdays in row 3) 4. Row 3 - day (Monday-Sunday) repeated only for the actual dates in ro...

Can I Print Speech commands in Excel
Can I Print Speech commands in Excel 2003, on A4 ...

locked publisher 2002 file #2
I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server. When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base or anywhere else. Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the user the option to open the file read only, which is fine. Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this problem? As a work-around I can save th...