Copying Data Without Hidden Values

Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help
files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long
column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a paste
operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every copy
process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude
the hidden rows from the copy process?
Thanks,
OC

0
oc (2)
8/27/2004 1:48:17 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Oscar,

Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells Only,
OK, then Copy and Paste.

HTH,
Nikos

"Oscar" <oc@sc.rrnospam.com> wrote in message
> Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help
> files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long
> column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a
paste
> operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every
copy
> process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude
> the hidden rows from the copy process?
> Thanks,
> OC

Perfect! Thanks for your help!

"Nikos Yannacopoulos" <nyannacoREMOVETHISBIT@in.gr> wrote in message
> Oscar,
>
> Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells
Only,
> OK, then Copy and Paste.
>
> HTH,
> Nikos
>
> "Oscar" <oc@sc.rrnospam.com> wrote in message
> > Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help
> > files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a
long
> > column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a
> paste
> > operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every
> copy
> > process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I
exclude
> > the hidden rows from the copy process?
> > Thanks,
> > OC

0
oc (2)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

collect data from mail merge
If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ? Can you give a little more information about what you are trying to do. Excel is a pretty powerful tool; almost certainly you can do what you want. Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "data collection" wrote: > If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I > collect the feedbacks from returned wo...

Data labels #9
My data labels in my bar chart don't look the same after printing as they do on the screen. I try to manually move them but they still don't look the same after printing. Any thoughts? Are they embedded charts or chart sheets? If you select an embedded chart and print it, it will print as a chart sheet, and there's likely to be a fair amount of distortion. When printing and embedded chart, print the worksheet it's on. When printing a chart sheet, uncheck the setting in Tools menu > Options > Charts for Chart Sizes to Window Frame. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micr...

order by case value
If I have the following: SELECT UserID as RID ,EnvironmentID as EnvID ,@authorType as RType ,'A' as Type ,'Author' as FullType ,Case When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') <> '') then LastName + ', ' + FirstName When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') = '') then FirstName When isnull(FirstName, '') = '' then LastName End as RName ,Email as EmailAddress FROM User WHERE EnvironmentID = @Environment...

Extract numeric value from single cell
Hello, I have numeric values within a text string in a single cell. There i no conformity to the length, or the make-up of the text. There is only ever 1 numeric value (that may vary in length from 1- digits long) within the text string. I have used the find function, but is getting vary messy. Is there numeric wildcard character I can use. Im using Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciate -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: htt...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Calculate max value in specific range
Hi all, I've got a table with specific date values (start & end dates) like this: 3/23/00 Start 3/26/00 End etc. note: the length of days will vary from time tot time. -- I also have a table with all date values and corresponding numbers, like this: Column: A B Row: 1 3/23/00 1101.16 2 3/24/00 1106.16 3 3/25/00 1143.07 (=MAX) 4 3/26/00 1137.54 -- How can I calculate the max value from all those corresponding numbers between a Start- & End date? (1143.07 in this case) I've already tried the Vlookup and Max function but that only refers to 1 value (as...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Any idea why this is giving me a #Value! Error?
Function FrstLtrs(MyStr As String) As String Dim temp Dim i As Long TmpStr = Split(Trim(MyStr)) 'MsgBox "String" + TmpStr For i = 0 To UBound(TmpStr) If Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "OF") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "FOR") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "THE") And _ Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "AND") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "A") Then If Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) >= 65 And _ Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) <= 90 Then FrstLtrs = FrstLtrs & Left(TmpStr(i), 1) End If End If Next End Function Find the mo...

Copy picture ossice wizard

sorting without affecting links
Sheet 1 complete list of names all pupils and fees per month Sheet 2/sheet per instructor - list of pupils per instructor with names and fees linked from sheet 1 Problem. If we add new names to sheet 1 then sort it alphabetically the rows change so sheets 2s values get messed up. One way is to use VLOOKUP in Sheet2 for the Fees Assume in Sheet1, names are in col A, Fees in col B data from row2 down In Sheet2, names are listed in A2 down, Fees to be extracted in B2 down Put in B2: =IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A:B,2,0)) Copy B2 down as far as required -- Rgds Max xl ...

Log data in a shared workbook
Hi all Is it possible to have a spreadsheet which logs data from anothe without over writing each other's data, even though several colleague are inputting and saving in this shared sheet at different times. Eg. Sheet 1 has various data Sheet 2 - A1,2,3, etc = first save Sheet 3 - B1,2,3, etc = second save Etc. ...for the day Cheers Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joey Would you consider writing to a CSV file? You could use VBA's text file functions to write directly to the file, but the file would still open in Excel. One advantage would be that...

Show Date without time
I've a grid view with a column that shows a DateTime value <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Data"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="lblData" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Data") %>'></asp:Label> </ItemTemplate> <ItemStyle Width="70px"></ItemStyle> </asp:TemplateField> I would like to show only date (not time) but using templatefield and not BoundField solution Thanks &quo...

subtotal copy and paste

outlook 2000 quits without error when sending email
When I either send a new email, or attempt to forward an email outlook 200 quits without an error message. This does not happen every time, but quite regularily. I have removed and re-installed. Repaired the pst file Shaken my fists. Nothing seems to resolve it. One note is that this sudden quit occurs prior to the message is spell checked. Could this be the issue? ...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Assign Numeric Value to Text
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a way to assign numberical values to 2 different letters (i.e. A equal to 1, B equal to 2). Then what I am looking to do with this is add up, all the letters in numerical value, in a column and get a total on 1 row and then the average on a 2nd row. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Happy New Years! :D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For a range A1:A100 with just one letter in each cell:- =SUMPRODUCT(CODE(UPPER($A$1:$A$100))-64) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spe...

Comparing two columns of data and Highlighting the Differences
I have values (mix of text and numbers)in column A and B. Each cell value in column B is also in column A. I want to highlight (Change Fill color to Red) for example) all those cells in column A that are also present in the column B. Any help writting a Macro will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Harapa No macro needed. Select Column A's Data. Use Format/Conditional Formatting. Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" Assuming A1 is the active cell, enter this formula: =NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$B$1:$B$500,0))) click Format, click Patterns tab, select Red fill patte...