copying and/or bookmarking a chart?

From: "me" <someone@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: bookmark a chart?
Date: Friday, August 26, 2005 2:59 PM

Thank you, this was helpful, but doesn't quite solve my problem which I
should have stated earlier. BookA has the hyperlink to a chart in BookB. I
need to copy the chart from BookB into a new worksheet in BookA using VBA.
How would I do that?

Thanks again,
Mike
"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> You can't hyperlink to the chart sheet, but Jon Peltier has a macro
> workaround in his Charting FAQ article:
>

> http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon016
>

> that you may be able to use.
>

> me wrote:
>> Hi, I can hyperlink to cell A1 in a worksheet using this format:
>>     Book1.xls#Sheet1!A1
>> byt I can't figure out how to name a chart or create a bookmark to a
>> chart "worksheet" or chart object so I can hyperlink to either. Is this
>> possible and, if so, how do you do it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

someone913 (592)
8/26/2005 10:05:11 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

add comment to marker in chart
hello dear i hope you are fine. i have problem.i read a lot post but this does not help me. i added comments to a lot cell then creat a chart,ok? now it will show a line with marker or point,when i move mouse pointer , it must show comment but it is number and series or anything? got it? i hope you understand my problem. thanks a lot You can manually add custom labels to data markers in a chart. This is a tedious process, but there are a couple of good, free utilities that can do it for you: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http:...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Need to change the display of a chart
Hello! I have several pie charts that I have created to show percentages. In several of them, there are multiple legend values for the same percentage (0%). Excel prints all of them stacked on top of each other, with their leader lines and in some cases it runs into the title of the chart. Is there any way to change this? Also, in some other cases, with the same situation, there are no leader lines displayed (even though I told it to under Chart Options) and the values all print on top of each other. Suffice it to say, these charts are not very readable. Can anyone help me on thi...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

subtotal copy and paste

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

line column Pivot Charts

Multivari Chart
I am looking to learn how to create a "Multivari" chart in Excel. Can anyone help me with the steps to create one? I am having troube making the vertical stack of individual data points across groupings. Thanks, Tony Not sure what a multivari chart is, but as a guess try http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and see FunChrt4.zip -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Microsoft MVP -- Excel In article <106uvtjim536nb4@corp.supernews.com>, orzechow@execpc.com says... > I am looking to learn how to create a "Multivari" chart in Excel. C...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Pivot Charts #4
Is there a way to change the pivot chart without changing the table in the process? ...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...

Charting only the specified dates
Hi all, I am using Excel 2002 SP-2 on Win2k Prof. Q1. I have the following data for testing Date Val 20/09/04 2 21/09/04 4 22/09/04 8 23/09/04 16 24/09/04 32 27/09/04 16 28/09/04 8 29/09/04 4 30/09/04 2 And, when I simply chart it the chart shows missing dates on X-Axis, 25/9/04 and 26/9/04, with interpolated values each, according to either end of the closest values (24/9/04 and 27/9/04). Why does this happen? How can I turn this on/off? Q2. In relation to Q1, I try to create PivotChart and this time need interpolated values for dates not specified in PivotTable. How can I do this? ...

copy of treeview
Hello, I have to copy information from a treeview to another treeview... The first TreeCtrl is in a dialog and the second it's in another dialog. The application is Dialog Based and I use my oen solution of property sheet. So if I want to call something from another dialog i make i this way: CResultsPageDlg resDlg((CMyAppDlg*)theApp.GetMainWnd()); resDlg.CopyTreeview(m_TreeView.GetRootItem(), m_TreeView.GetRootItem()); useing the solution from http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/dragdrop/article.php/c657/ Somebody knows how to do that? Alex What is CopyTreeview method...

Blank Series in Charts
I want to create a chart with 25 different seies'. The problem is that some of the series will be blank sometime. But I d not want to include all of the series' all of the time. The data will be present at all times. I have worked out how to make excel ignore the data for the series. Th problem is that I end up with 25 series in my legend when only 4-5 ma be on the graph. Can anyone help me with this? Many thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Create a chart from all the data Select the data on which the chart is based. Choose Data>Filter>AutoF...