Copy Toolbar

Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my
computer to another computer? Thanks for your help!

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file.

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my
> computer to another computer? Thanks for your help!
>

> ---

terre08 (1112)
1/6/2004 5:29:43 PM
You can attach a toolbar to a file: open a file, right click on the
toolbar, choose "Customize" then on the toolbar tab click the "Attach"
button.  Attach your toolbar, save the file, then copy the file to a
disk and take it to your other  computer.  Open it and your toolbar
should appear.

Note that your toolbar will become a permanent part of the second
computer's family of toolbars: closing the file won't delete it.
There are lots of code examples in Google showing how to create and
destroy commandbars when files are opened/closed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on
my
> computer to another computer? Thanks for your help!
>

> ---

Bernie
1/6/2004 5:39:40 PM
along the lines mentioned by Bernie if you want to copy
the  .xlb  as it exists on one machine..  Is it you at both machines,
and do you want the exact same toolbar on both machines.
Are all your files in the same pathnames on both machines
that you have for your personal workbook and other excel files
that might be referenced.
Are the versions of Excel the same;  otherwise,  I would
create the toolbar on the other machine with the information.

You might take a look at my page
  .http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/barhopper.htm
---
HTH,

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote in message news:uM3PSwH1DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> You can attach a toolbar to a file: open a file, right click on the
> toolbar, choose "Customize" then on the toolbar tab click the "Attach"
> button.  Attach your toolbar, save the file, then copy the file to a
> disk and take it to your other  computer.  Open it and your toolbar
> should appear.
>
> Note that your toolbar will become a permanent part of the second
> computer's family of toolbars: closing the file won't delete it.
> There are lots of code examples in Google showing how to create and
> destroy commandbars when files are opened/closed.
>
> HTH,
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
>
> "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on
> my
> > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help!
> >

> > ---
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
dmcritchie (2586)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Comma Style Formatting from Format Toolbar
Hello all I am using Excel 97 SR-2. All of a sudden my Comma Style formatting button (from the formatting toolbar) is formatting differently to previous and is not want I want. My Control Panel settings for number and currency I have always set to display negatives in brackets and this is how the Comma Style button used to work. Now it formats negatives with a leading negative sign with the sign aligned to the extreme left of the cell with the numbers right aligned. Any adeas on how I get this formatting button to work correctly again??? Thanks Tony McGee ...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

local copy of mail

Secondary Copy

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Assign macro to toolbar button
Hi, I'm a newbe to Visio (v 2003), so ... probably this is a rather stupid question. How can I assign a macro to a custom button in a custom toolbar? (Assigning to shapes double click is no problem.) I also use Word, Excel, PPt (and Access). In those programs, you 1 create your macro 2 add a toolbar (Tools-Customize-tab Toolbars) 3 drag a macro button to the new toolbar (tab Commands, category Macros) 4 in Excel, additionally assign the macro No go in Visio. And the help doesn't ... help. -- Mvg, Frans On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:21:47 +0100, "F.H. van Zelm" <fhvzelm@...

subtotal copy and paste

Toolbars #14
I have created a a new toolbar with a number of specially created buttons. I wish to use this toolbar elsewhere, with minor changes, but under a different name to avoid confusion. Can I copy, save and/or rename a toolbar ?? If so, how do I do it I think your life will be much easier if you create the toolbar on the fly when the workbook opens. Then you don't have to worry about file locations and filenames. If you want to try... If you want to add an option to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook: http://j-walk.com/ss/e...

Copying graphs

Word 2007 Toolbar customization
Hi....... I want to edit a toolbar in word 2007 and add some buttons to the Toolbar and for these buttons I want to write a VB Code which wil add a table to the current ducument at the current cursor position. So, How can I do this??????????? Hi Amit, If you want to add a macro to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), do as follows. 1. Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar and then click Customize Quick Access Toolbar. 2. In the Word Options dialog box, verify that Customize is selected. 3. In the Choose commands drop-down list, select Macros. 4. Select the macro by n...

Copying Views

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...

copy of treeview
Hello, I have to copy information from a treeview to another treeview... The first TreeCtrl is in a dialog and the second it's in another dialog. The application is Dialog Based and I use my oen solution of property sheet. So if I want to call something from another dialog i make i this way: CResultsPageDlg resDlg((CMyAppDlg*)theApp.GetMainWnd()); resDlg.CopyTreeview(m_TreeView.GetRootItem(), m_TreeView.GetRootItem()); useing the solution from http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/dragdrop/article.php/c657/ Somebody knows how to do that? Alex What is CopyTreeview method...

everything I copy from explorer end up green in Excel How can I c.
How can I change this to copy the actual colors from the html file ??? "Sacs" wrote: > ...

Copy to Clipboard from Excel 2003
Hi, I run Office 2003. In Excel, I consistently have problems with copying information from cells. The following happens: - I select a numeric cell and do a ctrl+c, message from Excel "cannot empty the clipboard". Item does not appear on clipboard " - I select a text cell and do a ctrl+c, message from Excel "an error occured while trying to retrieve information from another program. Try working with your message again". When I OK this message, it appears one more time and when I OK a second time, the item is placed on the clipboard. I do run a very useful app call...

When copying an item, quantity should not be copied
Whan an item is "copied" to make a new item, the Quantity should not be copied (just like "Balance Due" is not copied when a customer is copied) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/New...

backup type "copy"
I am backing up my Exchange 2003 server daily using the "full" backup type. I am backing this up to tape. As another layer of protection, I was thinking about creating a backup job that was the "copy" backup type so I could backup exchange to another server or network attached storage. This wouldn't interfere with my current backup strategy, and it would give me another copy of the database stored somewhere. In the scenario where I need to restore from tape, and the tape was bad, I could then turn to this "copy". What caveats do I need to be aware of ...

copy between worksheets
Hello, I want to copy part of workskeet to another worksheet, but after i do copy and paste, the format of the worksheet is changed. For Example, I want to copy a cell area (A3 to C10) to another sheet. And it contains images and text. After i paste to another worksheet, the position of images are changed. Also the cell width and format are changed too. How can i do copyand paste a celll area contains images into antoher worksheet with original format and position? Thank you Mooscar -- mooscar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mooscar's Profile...