Copy to Clipboard from Excel 2003

Hi,

I run Office 2003. In Excel, I consistently have problems with copying
information from cells. The following happens:

- I select a numeric cell and do a ctrl+c, message from Excel "cannot empty
the clipboard". Item does not appear on clipboard "

- I select  a text cell and do a ctrl+c, message from Excel "an error
occured while trying to retrieve information from another program. Try
working with your message again". When I OK this message, it appears one
more time and when I OK a second time, the item is placed on the clipboard.

I do run a very useful app called "Yankee Clipper IV" that saves clipboard
items in a list for later paste.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Cheers, Thorbjorn

0
please8308 (15)
1/29/2004 12:07:43 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Any Generous Excel Gurus our there??
I am trying to complete a project involving horseracing handicapping (using data files that are comma delimited). I am so close, but need just a few more things to tie up. Anyone interested in helping?? If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'. Thank you, Scott ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Why not post your questions here so that others may benefit from any solution offered. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to complete a ...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Compressing/hiding subcategories (Money 2003)?
I've just upgraded to Money 2003 from an older version--97 or 98, I believe. I don't use many extra features--I basically use it as a simple ledger to keep track of the multiple accounts I manage in my job. I've categorized my transactions into topic-quarter-year format.....but after a while, there are far too many in the list, and I have to swim through them to find what I want. I've converted the older ones into subcategories, and it seems that the older Money version used to 'hide' the subcategories....they weren't open all the time. Now, in 2003, the ...

Opening Excel 2007 in Excel 2000
HELP! My new Windows 7 computer came with a trial version of Office 2007. I did not want to buy 2007. When I opened my old Excel files they opened in XL2007 and I was asked to input product key. I did not , but proceeded to update my spreadsheets and saved them as compatible with 97-2003 XL. Now the trial period is over and I cannot modify these files--only view or print. Any new data I download online open automatically in 2007 XL as do any existing spreadsheets I open. How do I get downloads or existing spreadsheets to open in the older version of XL which I have installed o...

Excel 97 crashes ?!?
Hi I'm working with Windows XP and Excel 97. When I enter the menu command "tools -> options" Excel crashes immediately. I tried to solve this problem with the following run-commands, but it fails: ....\EXCEL.EXE" /unregserver ....\EXCEL.EXE" /regserver Any ideas how to get this work? Tom It's possible that a settings entry in your registry has somehow gotten corrupted and it causes Excel a problem when it tries to read it. You can make Excel re-establish its default settings with this procedure: -Make sure Excel is closed. -From Start->Run enter &qu...

local copy of mail

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1
Microsoft told us that Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 RTM'ed TODAY - when will it be available for download? As the old saying goes: " When its ready" :) On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:00:57 -0600, "Research Services" <key@lamar.n0-sp@m.colostate.edu.NO> wrote: >Microsoft told us that Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 RTM'ed TODAY - when will >it be available for download? > ...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Secondary Copy

Web Outlook (2003) appts are still whacked
Did windowsupdate.com and also ran the tzmove.exe tool to fix appointments with regards to new DST. If I use regular Outlook everything looks fine. But when I switch to Web Outlook, my appointments are still messed up for the next 3 weeks (off by 1 hour). How can I fix Web Outlook appointments? thanks. c Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of Exchange. - RAM On Mar 12, 1:49 pm, "RAM" <rmilbr...@gfnet.com> wrote: > Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of > Exchange. > > - RAM My admin says if appointments ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Outlook 2000 SP3

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

2008 Excel Print Preview
I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is specific to my install or it is hidden In article <ee8d6ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, done@officeformac.com wrote: > I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is > specific to my install or it is hidden Neither. Since all actual print operations are done via the OS, the separate Print Preview function has been removed from XL08. You can generally use Print Layout view to get an good idea of what the printed page will look. Otherwise, choosing File/Print and clic...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Checkboxes in Excel to Access
Hi All, I need to convert an Excel table into Access however the Excel tabl contains checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get the values from th checkbox, ie T/F, referenced. Any ideas will be much appreciated Thank -- rodmasters23Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i What happens when you import the Excel data into an Access table? -- More info, please ... Jeff Boyce <Office/Access MVP> "rodmasters23" <rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com... > > Hi All, > > I need to convert an Excel table in...

excel 95 #3
Where can I get Excel 95. I need it load my old old SuperCal spreadsheets. My new ver of Excel can't handle it.... Thanx Hanz Here's one place... http://computers.listings.ebay.com/Microsoft_Office-95_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ51336QQsocmdZListingItemList -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Hanz Schmidt" <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message Where can I get Excel 95. I need it load my old old SuperCal spreadsheets. My new ver of Excel can't handle it.... Thanx Hanz E-Bay?...

Unable to HIDE addresses in GAL with Exchange 2003 mixed mode
I am running a new Exchange 2003 server in mixed mode with an Exchange 5.5 server. I have an ADC connection agreement that is working to my old server. I mark users as "Hide from address lists", but this has no effect. These users and distribution lists still appear in the GAL. The Recipient Update Service is running, and working. I have rebuilt and forced them to replicate with no change. I have seen many posts on Google with this problem, but no solutions. Little help??? Aaron Gabrielson aaron_gabrielson@hotmail.com they show in the GAL on the 2003 side, or the 5.5 side? ...

Multiple signatures problem in outlook 2003
Hi We have two accounts in outlook, one the exchange and the other a pop account so we can sent email under two separate domains (units of business). We need to have separate signatures for each account. We assumed outlook 2003 provided that on its own and upgraded outlook only to outlook 2003 while leaving office versions to below 2003. Now it turns out we also need word 2003 for this feature to work as standard. My question is; is there any way to create an email with a signature other than the default even if it is through vba code? Thanks Regards Not that I know of. --� Milly Sta...