Copy info from one workbook to another?

I have a problem

I have a workbook with the function i want like a discribe here. The
problem is i want to split the workbook but i don`t know how.

Is it possible to have a main workbook with information from other
workbooks at each worksheet? I have 20
workbooks with information. I would like to have a main workbook with on
sheet1 every row from the
20workbooks with category1, on sheet2 every row from the 20workbooks with
category2, etc, etc. The information
in the 20workbooks in always only on sheet. The Colum in which the data is
has no fix end. I go to fill in the
rows trough a user-form and comes always under the last row.

The mainsheet has to update every time it opens (and if possible a button
on the sheet to update manually)
without opening all the other documents.

I would like to make the connexion with one subsheet an the mainsheet and
then copy the subsheet 20x with the
connexion

SUBSHEET1 		SUBSHEET2 		SUBSHEET3
Categorie3		Categorie1		Categorie2
Categorie1		Categorie3		Categorie3
Categorie3		Categorie2		Categorie2
Categorie3 		Categorie1
Categorie2 		Categorie3
Categorie1 		Categorie2
Categorie1

MAINSHEET
Sheet1		Sheet2		Sheet3
Categorie1		Categorie2		Categorie3
Categorie1		Categorie2		Categorie3
Categorie1		Categorie2		Categorie3
Categorie1		Categorie2		Categorie3
Categorie1		Categorie2		Categorie3
Categorie1		Categorie2		Categorie3
Categorie2		Categorie3
Categorie3

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Higher precision: can one get it?
Hi All, I demonstrating the approximation of Pi by successively computing the perimeters of regular inscribed polygons with 2^n sides. Excel's precision was overwhelmed at about 4000 sides. Is there any way to get "double precision"? If worse comes to worse, I'll use something like BigDecimal in Ruby or Perl to get greater precision. -- Regards, Richard Hi Richard, Excel's precision is 15 significant digits. If you need more, you might take a look at the XNUMBERS add-in: http://digilander.libero.it/foxes/MultiPrecision.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten &qu...

text and values combined in one cel
Hello, Is it possible to combine a cel with text values from a cel? I have to do something like this: "Calculated total installed multiplied by duty factor 0,7 or "stated by supplier x 0,7)" In this text the "0,7" has to be a value from a certain cel. Thanks in advance ="The result is "&G1&" according to my cell" HTH. Best wishes Harald "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:4980F368-76F8-4A41-9D50-2F6E4417D549@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is it possible to combine a cel with text va...

Permissions Error When There Shouldn't Be One
I have several Access 2003 databases that are all occasionally giving me the same problem. For no apparent reason, a user (sometimes me, sometimes someone else) will get a message telling them that they do not have permission to use a query or table. Yet when I check their permissions in my User & Group Permissions, it shows that they have full Admin privileges for the same query or table. This has happened to me multiple times with queries I created in databases I designed. Any idea what could be causing this and how to stop it? -- Amy E. Baggott "I''m going craz...

Integration between COPY journal entries and Analytical Accounti
When we using the function "COPY" journal entries (that is in Transactions -- Financier -- General) although the data of the journal entry is copied, the process omits to copy the dimensions and the data entered in Analitical Accounting Module. The same occurs in the functionality OF CORRECTING, where we can't to edit the accounts to add information of Analitical Accounting. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the messa...

copy of Send and Receive mail from all users
Hi, I wish to have a backup copy of all the outgoing mail and in coming mail from all the mailbox users. All users are not configured with pst in their outlook 2003.All users mail are store directly on the exchange 2003 server . Presuming that I do not wish to purchase a third party exchange backup agent on the exchange server. Is there a automatic way on the server end, where all these user mail can be regularly backup and read instantly when every is needed using outlook on each individual mailbox level. your help to the above, will be greatly appreciated Antonia Not sure what ...

Outlook 2003 not sending emails for one account
Hi All, I have two accounts setup under outlook 2003 which i just started using on a brand new dell computer. My sbcglobal Home account works fine but Work account will not send emails. I receive this error message: "Task 'Work - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).', "when trying to check my email. Also, if I use the test settings buttons under the account setup screen, I ge...

Trying to add a field from another table on a form
I've added relationship between the form's master table and the other table. I've updated the control source on the txt box to the table/field that I need (=[table]![field]) but all of the fields are displaying as "#Name?" on my form. I'm sorry, I know this is probably something stupid. Use a query as the forms source and join the tables in the query. Redo the text box control source. -- Build a little, test a little. "FergusonH" wrote: > I've added relationship between the form's master table and the other table. > I...

grand total column B from every worksheet in workbook
I want to have a function in a cell that totals column B from every worksheet in my workbook even w/o knowing how many worksheets there are or what the name of any worksheet is. Even better, because I would like to have a "summary" worksheet, the function should skip column B in its own work sheet -- so, the function I'd like might total every number in a column called "Qty" for any worksheet in the workbook that has a column named "Qty". I have an Excel doc that holds all of my sales data. The data is imported as a text file from a webstore db into a wor...

Copying toolbars from one PC to another
Is there a way to copy a customized Excel toolbar from one PC to another? tia, sh Shieber, Excel stores custom toolbars in a file called Excel.xlb. It is normally stored under: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel ( \ XLSTART ) in Win2K or later, or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart in Win98 or earlier. Find it and copy it to the target PC in the relevant folder. HTH, Nikos "Shieber" <shieber4@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ilGI5DLEHA.3852@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy a customized Excel toolba...

How to refer the results of one cell to another cell?
If I have the following spreadsheet, how do I get a calculation in D1 to put the value in A1 as well (as D1)? A B C D 1| 2 3 =B1 + C1 2| 3| I don't want to put the formula into A1, just the value -- '5' in this case. Thanks, Dave Select D1 then Edit > Copy Select A1 then Edit Paste Special and check value. -- Gary's Student "Dave Boland" wrote: > If I have the following spreadsheet, how do I get a > calculation in D1 to put the value in A1 as well (as D1)? > > A B C D > 1| 2 3 =B1 + C1 > 2| > 3| > > ...

seperate city, state & zip from one cell
I have a databse which has city, state and zip in one cell (column) If I want to seperate in 3 different columns how to do it ? Thanks much I will appreciate if you can e-mail your suggestion to vikkam@hotmail.com vikkam vikkam@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Vikkam, If your addresses are well-behaved (all have a comma after the city, a space after the state, etc., this may work: =LEFT(A2,SEARCH(",",A2)-1) =MID(A2,SEARCH(&q...

Copying A Link Formula
I am trying to copy a link formula and having some problems. This is the formula: ='01'!U141 The next few lines I want to look like these: ='02'!U141 ='03'!U141 ='04'!U141 I can not figure this out. Hope someone has the answer to this I have about 31 rows and 40 columns that I need to do this with so doing each one separately would take hours Thanks in advance =INDIRECT("0" & (ROW()) & "!U141") Assumes entry in A1 of Master sheet and copied down. Will pick up U141 from each of sheets 01, 02, 03 and 0...

Copy PO w/Project Accounting Data
My client just tried to copy a purchase order and received the following message "You are not allowed to select a purchase order that contains project accounting records." Is there a way to allow copying of a PO with Project Accounting data? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

Insert copied area help
Hi all, Looking for a way to insert an area copied from one worksheet into another worksheet - using a macro. We use Excel for payroll, and at the beginning of every pay period, I need to copy a blank payroll sheet and insert it into each of 12 employee worksheets. I can record a macro that will begin at an employees sheet, insert blank lines, go to the "MASTER" sheet, copy the blank payroll sheet, return to the "active" employees sheet and paste in the new blank payroll area. However, when I do that (as you probably have already guessed) all it EVER does is past a blan...

Copy Order form into EXcel
I have created a form to be filled in. Before printing out I want to move all the data created in the form into a database: Excel sheet where all info is stored per row. In the order I have 1 client (Client A) that buys 3 products (product 1, 2, 3). In the sheet I want to appear in row one: client A - product1, row two: client A - product2, ertc. Than when I create a new form with a new client I want that it appears under the previous row. The form has formulas as Data Validation, VLookup Does anybody knows how to do that? Can you upload the worksheet to your posting at Theco...

Copying (ripping?) to hard drive...
Hi, I am running Vista- Home Premium and am having a real problem trying to copy recorded speech, recorded on a CD-R disc in the mp3 format. When I open WMP and select 'Rip', insert the CD, L-click on Rip, the disc 'runs' ( I assume being read..) and then will start to play with the advice "still on the screen" : To begin, insert an audio CD into the CD drive. I have tried downloading 'codec's'; changing the settings to mp3, everything I can possibly think of.. Do I have a program glitch within WMP when it was factory installed? "Pleas...

Copy from Excel 2003 status bar
Is there a way to copy the result from the 'Status Bar' in Excel 2003 (other than a VBA macro) to the clipboard? If not, is there a publically available, simple macro to do this. I do not know much VBA but can setup and run macros created by others. Thanks you for your help. Will Fleenor If Excel has control of the statusbar it will return False regardless of what is there. You can only read something programmatically added. Application.DisplayStatusBar = True Application.StatusBar = "Testing..." MsgBox Application.StatusBar Application.DisplayStatusBar = False ...

Citrix Copy/Paste Dyanmics GP 10
We have just upgraded to GP 10 (SP2) from version 8 and are encountering a very strange issue. We use GP in a full Citrix Farm as a presented application and that works great, what doesn't work is coping and pasting from GP to the client. We are able to paste from the client to GP and from GP to GP if multiple windows are open. I have verified all the settings for Clipboard sharing and I have made sure that all the proper processes are running in the sessions. I am Stumped! Thanks for the help. Fliehigh Fliehigh: We had the exact same issue. I spoke with our IT guy and he sai...

How do I print out more than one coupon in publisher?
I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per page. My coupon has a front and backside. Hope can help. ...

Copy worksheets with formulas between different workbooks
Hi I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another one. To copy the worksheet I open the both workbooks right click on the tab/move or copy/create a copy and select the name of other workbook Then I close the first workbook and save the second one and the sheet is copied. The problem is that this worksheet contains formulas and when I open it it asks me to update the links. I go to Edit/Links/Break the link because I don't need to have the link and it breaks but after this the formulas on the copied worksheet disappeared. Is there any way to copy the sheet without links...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Replace a value with the one above it in a field
Hi, I have a transaction table that has fields such as Date, TransactionNumber, ItemNumber, Quantity and Amount. It is data taken from a transactional system and imported in Access. The ItemNumber fields can have values of our Item Numbers such as 3142 or it will have the value of Discount. What I want to do is to somehow run a query that will replace Discount with the value above it. So if there is one record with a value of 3142 in the ItemNumber field and the next record has Discount in this field I want to change this value to 3142. Ten records later there may be a value of 20...

RE: Works in all columns but one
Never got a reply. Can anyone else help? Thanks, Doug -------------------------------------------------------- Hi Galimi, I don't know how to check the background/foreground colors. I'm using Excel 97. Can you help me? "galimi" <galimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2410A4AD-5A8C-4092-BB14-FE4505AC5162@microsoft.com... > Check the color of the foreground. Ensure it is not the same as the > background color. > > http://HelpExcel > > "Doug Mc" wrote: > > > I have the following formula in about 15 columns in one ...

Summing Values from different workbooks
Is it possible to get the sum of values from different workbooks. For example I want the sum of N33 from five different workbooks. Is this possible and how? Thanks in advance It is possible--you must include the Filepaths, Filenames and Sheet names in the formula. the easiest way to do it manually is to open all of the workbooks you wish to SUM from. Start the Function in the Workbook you want the total to appear in. Click from workbook to workbook Selecting the cell you want and typing a comma before you go to the next workbook. You will be limited to 30 workbooks using this method...

How to copy Chart and its data to another excel worksheet
I need to copy a set of data AND the chart that I made from it to a specific worksheet in another workbook... but when I try to just select it, copy it and paste it in the ither worksheet, the source of the data remains on the other workbook... is there a way of doing it without having to re-establish all the links?? Please help! Margarita: You can copy an entire worksheet into a new workbook. Assuming yr data and chart are in the same worksheet, right-click the tab where the name of the sheet appears (somewhere near the bottom left side), select "Move or Copy..." in the po...