copy date from one column to another

I want to copy data from one column to another column, but add the copied
value to existing data.  The field I'm copying from contains dates.  The
field I'm copying to contains text.

For example:

Before the copy:
Column A                       Column B
3/21/2008                     Lorem Ipsum dolor...etc.

After copy:

Column B
Lorem Ipsum dolor...etc. Date in: 3/21/2008

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks for any help.
Regards.

0
nobody2044 (52)
3/21/2008 4:23:42 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sub addtocolb()
For Each c In Range("a2:a4")
c.Offset(, 1) = c.Offset(, 1) & _
" Date in: " & Format(c, "mm/dd/yyyy")
Next c
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"-D-" <nobody@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I want to copy data from one column to another column, but add the copied
>value to existing data.  The field I'm copying from contains dates.  The
>field I'm copying to contains text.
>
> For example:
>
> Before the copy:
> Column A                       Column B
> 3/21/2008                     Lorem Ipsum dolor...etc.
>
> After copy:
>
> Column B
> Lorem Ipsum dolor...etc. Date in: 3/21/2008
>

> How can I accomplish this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Regards.

0
dguillett1 (2487)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

print a date range from parameter query on a report header?
I am printing a report based on a date range. The user inputs the start and End date for the report (parameter query). How do I print the Start and End dates on a report header. IMO, parameter prompts are never good user interface. There is no functionality or error checking. I much prefer using controls on forms for ALL user interaction. You can use the parameters in control sources as if they were fields. For instance: Control Source: ="From " & [Enter Start Date] & " To " & [Enter End Date] or Control Source: ="From " & Forms...

Can I "unlock" just one cell in a protected worksheet?
Is there any way I can unlock just one cell in a protected worksheet without removing the protection from the entire worksheet? I am working on a fairly complex worksheet that has 10-15 data entry cells. The rest of the worksheet contains formulas and informational text. I have the formulas pretty much debugged and working. I am now down to making mostly cosmetic changes to the text and formatting. I have marked all of the data entry cells in a different color to help me keep from overwriting a formula, but it still happens occasionally. I usually catch it right away and can recover with ...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Cant se some columns! Why?
I have a spreadsheet that displays COL A and them col BL-BM-BN etc How do I get to see the cols B to BK I am working with EXCEL 2007 Thanks Either columns B through BK are hidden (most likely), or the Window is frozen and you've scrolled way over to the right, bringing column BL next to A. Assuming they're just hidden, Click on the 2 that identifies row 2 so that the entire row is selected, then On the [HOME] tab, in the CELLS group, pull down the "Format" list and choose Hide and Unhide and click the UNHIDE COLUMNS option. If its a Frozen window thin...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Visio current date in header and footer
It seems that Visio does not store the current date when you ask it to, but instead puts the file create date in the header or footer when you use the Current date sort or Current date long commands. Is this a feature or a bug? Thanks. Tom, This is a known issue. We are considering a fix for this in the upcoming Visio 2003. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tom Dunlap" <tomdunlap@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:085d01c34f94$918284f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > >It seems that Visio does not store the ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Between Dates Criteria
Can’t' seem to get it. I have two fields: Start_Date and End_Date. Both are Short Date Format. Note: Both date fields are previously calculated dates from the original "Review_Date field. Like, Review_Date+10 is the Start_Date and Review_Date+20 is the End_Date. I want to use a between dates criteria using both fields. I have researched and tried so many combinations to list here without success. **** The dates I ask for are never correct, or within the parameter entered. Either one or the other is off. I have even tried two parameters, [Enter Start Date] on...

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

Outlook 2000 SP3

week No to date
Hi I have some data with the date reprisented by a week No I want to make a date on the Monday of that week in a seperate colum any advise please Hello Jon, As given by some guy called daddylonglegs: [citation from http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/588185-formula-for-getting-data-from-week-number-reverse-weeknum.html ] =DATE(A1,1,A2*7-2)-WEEKDAY(DATE(A1,1,3)) A1: Year A2: Weeknum in year (ISO) Regards, Bernd Sorted Ta "Bernd P" wrote: > Hello Jon, > > As given by some guy called daddylonglegs: > [citation from > http://www.excelf...

Columns won't Hide!
I'm trying to hide columns in a ss and I get the message, "Cannot Shift Objects off Sheet.". I'm able to hide some columns but Excel seems to reach a limit. Help! You may have something in columns that you don't know about. "Tom" <thomas.hamilton@med.va.gov> wrote in message news:051e01c38d97$7b458e80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to hide columns in a ss and I get the > message, "Cannot Shift Objects off Sheet.". I'm able to > hide some columns but Excel seems to reach a limit. > > Help! >-----Original Mess...

several companies (clients) on one physical Ex 2003 server
Hi I get the job to set up an IT-environment, where we can host several companies (20 - 100 users per client) who want to outsource their IT infrastructure. It should be a terminal server environment on windows 2003 with exchange 2003. The clue is to use as few as possible physical servers. Now the question is: I want to host several of these clients on one Exchange 2003 enterprise server. How can I make it possible that they can't see none ressources among themselves (no free/busy-times, calendars, adress books etc.)? they have also different smtp-domains for email adresses. Has som...

Word 2007 changes Date Modified in Explorer
Each time I open a document with Word 2007, the date modified is changed in Windows explorer. This happens even when no changer are made to the document. Older versions of Word would change the date in Windows explorer, but then reset it when the document was closed, if no changes were made. How can I stop this That does not happen here. The document must be being saved for the date to change. I have a document here that I open nearly everyday for the purpose of copying and pasting information to reply to messages in these newsgroups and it is still showing the date of 2...

Archiving
Hello there. Outlook XP client in a networked environment pointing to an Exchange 2000 server. Apparently when you archive manually by date Outlook looks at the "modified" date as the determining factor in archiving items. For instance, if I manually archive items from 4/30/04 going backwards a some items in that time period are not archived. The only thing I saw when I opened the properties of those emails was that their send and received dates were the same but their "modified" date was was set to a leter date (example: 5/30/04). I found this to be the common th...

subtotal copy and paste

Show Date without time
I've a grid view with a column that shows a DateTime value <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Data"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="lblData" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Data") %>'></asp:Label> </ItemTemplate> <ItemStyle Width="70px"></ItemStyle> </asp:TemplateField> I would like to show only date (not time) but using templatefield and not BoundField solution Thanks &quo...

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

Date add Criteria on Continuous Form
All, thank you for all the previouis help. currently i have a form has three fileds to tracks letter "Recieve", "ResponseDue", and "Respond." on the recieve text box's afterupdate event i have:Me.ResponseDue = DateAdd("d", 30, Me.Recieve). what i need is that on the first letter, the minimum date, if an the main form the criteria is "NMA" that the date add be 60. thank you for the help in advance. AC2007/XP. Tighe - The easiest way is to Dim an integer variable and use that. Try this: Dim AddDays as Integer If Par...