Copy data from one worksheet to another

Dear All,

        I've a worksheet contains records belong to "complete" and
"incomplete" status. And I need to seperate these records manually into two
seperated worksheets "complete" and "incomplete". I just wonder is there any
formula to show only records which are "complete" status in a worksheet and
"incomplete" in another worksheet ?  It's quite clumsy to do the sorting and
cut & paste to another worksheet everytime. Any idea? Thanks

Best Rdgs
Ellis

0
ellis.yu (8)
3/14/2005 8:59:57 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Ellis

Three ways

Manual
Use AutoFilter and copy the visible cells to a new workbook

Macro solution
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

Add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ellis Yu" <ellis.yu@transfield.com> wrote in message news:uaj9oPHKFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Dear All,
>
>        I've a worksheet contains records belong to "complete" and
> "incomplete" status. And I need to seperate these records manually into two
> seperated worksheets "complete" and "incomplete". I just wonder is there any
> formula to show only records which are "complete" status in a worksheet and
> "incomplete" in another worksheet ?  It's quite clumsy to do the sorting and
> cut & paste to another worksheet everytime. Any idea? Thanks
>
> Best Rdgs
> Ellis

0
rondebruin (3789)
3/14/2005 9:23:01 AM
Perhaps you'd like to try this formulas approach ..

In Sheet1
-------------
Assume the sample source table below is in cols A to D
data from row2 down, with the key column "Status" in col D, viz:

SN Name Desc Status
01 Name1 Data1 Incomplete
02 Name2 Data2 Complete
03 Name3 Data3 Incomplete
04 Name4 Data4 Complete
etc

Using 2 empty cols to the right, say cols F and G,
list in F1:G1, the 2 statuses:  Complete, Incomplete

Put in F2: =IF($D2="","",IF($D2=F$1,ROW(),""))

Copy F2 across to G2, then fill down by the max expected number of rows of
data in cols A to D, say down to G200?

In sheet named: Complete
------------------------------�-------
Let's reserve cell A1 to pull in the sheetname

Put in A1: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND(�"]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32)

(This'll extract the sheetname into A1.
But you need to save the file first.)

Paste the same col headers from Sheet1 into A2:C2, viz.:
SN, Name, Desc

Put in A3:

=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(OFFSET(Sheet1!$E:$E,,MATCH($A$1,Sheet1!$F$1:$G$1,0)),ROWS(
$A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,MATCH(SMALL(OFFSET(Sheet1!$E:$E,,MATCH($A$1,S
heet1!$F$1:$G$1,0)),ROWS($A$1:A1)),OFFSET(Sheet1!$E:$E,,MATCH($A$1,Sheet1!$F
$1:$G$1,0)),0)))

(normal ENTER will do)

Note: You'd need to correct/restore the inadvertent line wraps
/ line breaks when you copy > paste the above formula into A3

Copy A3 across to C3, then fill down by as many rows
as was done in Sheet1, i.e. down to C201

You'll see that cols A to C (in row3 down)
will auto-return the "filtered" rows from Sheet1
for the status: Complete, i.e. for the sample data-set above,
it'll appear as:

SN Name Desc
02 Name2 Data2
04 Name4 Data4
(rest are blank [""] rows)

Now just duplicate/make a copy of the sheet: Complete,
rename it as: Incomplete
and you'll get the "filtered" rows for Incomplete, viz.:

SN Name Desc
01 Name1 Data1
03 Name3 Data3
(rest are blank [""] rows)

Adapt / extend to suit ..
--
Rgds
Max
"Ellis Yu" <ellis.yu@transfield.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
>         I've a worksheet contains records belong to "complete" and
> "incomplete" status. And I need to seperate these records manually into
two
> seperated worksheets "complete" and "incomplete". I just wonder is there
any
> formula to show only records which are "complete" status in a worksheet
and
> "incomplete" in another worksheet ?  It's quite clumsy to do the sorting
and
> cut & paste to another worksheet everytime. Any idea? Thanks
>
> Best Rdgs
> Ellis

0
demechanik (4694)
3/14/2005 9:43:23 AM
It works perfectly !! I never think about that there're many different ways
to do this, especially using formula. Many thanks to Ron and Max

"Ellis Yu" <ellis.yu@transfield.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
>         I've a worksheet contains records belong to "complete" and
> "incomplete" status. And I need to seperate these records manually into
two
> seperated worksheets "complete" and "incomplete". I just wonder is there
any
> formula to show only records which are "complete" status in a worksheet
and
> "incomplete" in another worksheet ?  It's quite clumsy to do the sorting
and
> cut & paste to another worksheet everytime. Any idea? Thanks
>
> Best Rdgs
> Ellis

0
ellis.yu (8)
3/15/2005 5:05:03 AM
You're welcome !
Thanks for the feedback ..
--
Rgds
Max
> It works perfectly !! I never think about that there're many different
ways
> to do this, especially using formula. Many thanks to Ron and Max

0
demechanik (4694)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

collect data from mail merge
If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ? Can you give a little more information about what you are trying to do. Excel is a pretty powerful tool; almost certainly you can do what you want. Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "data collection" wrote: > If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I > collect the feedbacks from returned wo...

GAL and another Address Book
I've taken the address book from WinFax and exported into a .csv file. I've imported this into a .pst profile. Now I'd like to have this "address book" of thousands of Fax Numbers available through the Exchange Server (Address Book) so users can access it easily through the Create a Fax Wizard in SBS 03, instead of sharing out one workstations book and going down that road. Is this possible and if so, is there any documentation I haven't found to do it? Thanks in advance. Joseph. Copy the items from the .pst folder into a contacts folder under Public = Fold...

Data labels #9
My data labels in my bar chart don't look the same after printing as they do on the screen. I try to manually move them but they still don't look the same after printing. Any thoughts? Are they embedded charts or chart sheets? If you select an embedded chart and print it, it will print as a chart sheet, and there's likely to be a fair amount of distortion. When printing and embedded chart, print the worksheet it's on. When printing a chart sheet, uncheck the setting in Tools menu > Options > Charts for Chart Sizes to Window Frame. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micr...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Log data in a shared workbook
Hi all Is it possible to have a spreadsheet which logs data from anothe without over writing each other's data, even though several colleague are inputting and saving in this shared sheet at different times. Eg. Sheet 1 has various data Sheet 2 - A1,2,3, etc = first save Sheet 3 - B1,2,3, etc = second save Etc. ...for the day Cheers Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joey Would you consider writing to a CSV file? You could use VBA's text file functions to write directly to the file, but the file would still open in Excel. One advantage would be that...

subtotal copy and paste

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

Backup mail server (One domain, two mail servers)
Hey there I setup exchange to receive mail for 2 domains. Its working fine. As a contingency plan i want to setup a scenario in which even if my mail server aint available i shouldnt have LOST MAIL/ BOUNCED MAIL issues. I studied a few possibilities including clustering but that aint applicable to our scenario. The possibility applicable is the presence of 2 mail servers on the same domain. If my primary mail server is not available for some reason, my second machine takes over. I know thats possible but HOW? Can someone guide me to the implementation. At the moment, i have one machine servic...

Merging worksheets with VBA Code -- HELP!
Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of worksheets in a workbook. I have several worksheets that are formatted the same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees. When I run the Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the 1st sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A, B, C, E, F, G, I from the other work sheets. However, all of the worksheets have information in columns A thru AA. I used the following code for a Summary She...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Import data from Parameter Query
I am trying to import data into Excel from a parameter query in Access. I keep getting a message "Too few parameters". I have tried supplying the parameter information via the filter in the import wizard but this did not work. I want to avoid removing the parameter in Access. Is there anyway around this? ...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

Local Delivery is not sending to one recipient in Exchange Server
I have one person that is not able to receive emails. I checked and they are all in the Administrative Group Queue "Local Delivery". I don't see any errors and everyone else is receiving their emails. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Exchange Server 2003 version 6.5 -- Carolyn Hi Carolyn, Have you tried forcing the connection? This could be a corrupt mailbox, you might need to backup this mailbox into PST using either ExMerge the Exchange Migration Wizard or Outlook delete the mailbox, then re-create finally import the email back in. If you are able to, you mi...

Comparing two columns of data and Highlighting the Differences
I have values (mix of text and numbers)in column A and B. Each cell value in column B is also in column A. I want to highlight (Change Fill color to Red) for example) all those cells in column A that are also present in the column B. Any help writting a Macro will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Harapa No macro needed. Select Column A's Data. Use Format/Conditional Formatting. Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" Assuming A1 is the active cell, enter this formula: =NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$B$1:$B$500,0))) click Format, click Patterns tab, select Red fill patte...