Copy compare worksheets

Need some help thinking this one through. What I would like to do is
copy a daily worksheet to a Weekly worksheet that will be an
accumliation of the daily worksheets.

The trick here is the daily information mostly text data often times
includes not new data but just updated data that would need to be
updated on the weekly spreadsheet.

Sometimes the data is in fact new and will need to also be added to
the weekly worksheet..

Looking for help in how best to do this with Macro..Dont think
consolidation works as not adding up data but rather adding new rows
and updating information

thanks for your thoughts

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:37:50 AM UTC-5, Thomp wrote:
> Need some help thinking this one through. What I would like to do is
> copy a daily worksheet to a Weekly worksheet that will be an
> accumliation of the daily worksheets.
>
> The trick here is the daily information mostly text data often times
> includes not new data but just updated data that would need to be
> updated on the weekly spreadsheet.
>
> Sometimes the data is in fact new and will need to also be added to
> the weekly worksheet..
>
> Looking for help in how best to do this with Macro..Dont think
> consolidation works as not adding up data but rather adding new rows
> and updating information
>
> thanks for your thoughts

Are you saying you have ONE file or many?
If one file with many daily sheets, why wasn't it one sheet to start with and then use filters, etc..
If desired, send your file to dguillett1 @gmail.com with this msg and a complete explanation.
0
dguillett11 (103)

automatic copy worksheet to anotehr workbook
Every time that I open the file "temperature.xls" I would like to have the worksheet "survey" contained "raw_data.xls" copied in to the worksheet "baseline" (contained in "temperature.xls"). Both files are in the same directory. I've thought about having formulas in each cell in the target worksheet but this will not copy the formats which I would like to maintain. I think a macro can probably do this and have tried to record a macro (shown below with different file names to test): Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro record...

How do I duplicate value in multiple worksheets in same workbook?
When I change the value in Worksheet A, Cell C4 I want it to als change the value in Cell D8 in Worksheet B. How do I do this -- jwnorri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jwnorris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2932 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49042 In D8 of worksheet B enter =worksheetA!C4 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 12:03:17 -0600, jwnorris <jwnorris.1zh7im_1133633401.2853@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >When I change the value in ...

Auto fill form from a worksheet
Using Excel 2000 Professional for work I have a worksheet (Log) that has 7 columns, the first column is a list of pre-set numbers for reports. The second worksheet is an Incident report form. 6 of the 7 colums on the log are also on the report form. We open the log sheet which has pre set Report numbers, then fill in type of incident, location of incident, start date and time. Then open the report form and add the same information into the form plus more information not on the Log. Is there any way to link the 2 worksheets so as the information is added on the Log it will au...

Can't close Excel worksheet
I am running Excel 2003, using Win XP (Home Ed). I opened a worksheet I was working on and when I went to save the file, I went to The FILE pulldown menu and the SAVE command was greyed out so I could not use the save command. Then when I went to close Excel using the red X in the upper right hand cornerit would not work. Went to the FILE pulldown menu and tried to use the EXIT command, it was greyed out also. Checking the other pulldown commands it appears that most commands are greyed out. Wha happened??? Maybe Excel "froze" on you. Did you check the Task Manager to see if it ...

Copy range of cells omitting formulas that result in " "
I have a column of data that contains a formula that either returns a value or leaves the cell blank. I would like to copy the column to another location and have the cells with no values omitted from the range. Basically, I would like to make a bar chart and have the chart adjust with changes in data. However, every empty cell is plotted as zero or blank...how can I remove these blanks from the chart? Can anyone help? I have been struggling with this for a while now...I think this is my last resort! Help! Tina Select all of the data and plot it. then by using auto filter on your dat...

Link content from dialog box to a worksheet cell
Hi, i have the problem, that i can´t link an Excel diaslog box entry to a worksheet cell. Thanks for your interesting and help. Best regards, Olga Good afternoon Olga Do you mean a userform? If so, try this: Range("A1").Value = TextBox1.Value This will put the contents of TextBox1 into cell reference A1. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38675 ...

How do I edit, copy and paste text in excel cells?
If I make a typing error, or want to copy a heading to different cell, I find the only option is to delete the contents of the cell and retype elsewhere. Help, please. Hi hit F2 or click in the formula bar to insert at any place you want -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "floridactyl" <floridactyl@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2CBAA7AB-ACA9-4AE6-9628-7FE1D4D4FE93@microsoft.com... > If I make a typing error, or want to copy a heading to different cell, I > find > the only option is to delete the contents of the cell and retype &g...

Linking Names in Worksheets to Worksheet Tabs
Is there a way to link a name in a worksheet to that worksheet tab? ask this because I have several workbooks and want to have the name match the tabs, even when the names change. TIA for any help: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From a recent post by Frank K. in: http://tinyurl.com/36nlo Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo CleanUp application.enableevents = false With Target If .Value <> &quo...

How to link visio 2003 shapes to different excel 2003 worksheets?
Hi, I can't find any resolutions via the internet and hope you can help me with the following problem. I can create a link to an excel file without any problem, but I want different shapes inside visio 2003 to open different worksheets within that particular excel file. Can that be achieved in visio 2003? Thanks. ...

"Start import at row"-limit when importing text to worksheet
Hi there! I'm using Excel 2003 to do analyse large textfiles, to do this I regularly imports text to Excel, but unfortunately I've realized that there are some limitations when importing text files. I have a text file which has more that 65536 lines (which is the maximum row numbers in one Excel worksheet), when I import this in Excel I first fill one worksheet. Now - the great thing is that I should be able to import the rest of the textfile on another worksheet, so I start the "Text Impor Wizard", but when using the feature "Start import at row" - the maxi...

Excel 2003
Hi All Complete newbie so please bear with me. Basically I've been given a worksheet that uses columns A to BT and although the columns are quite narrow, ie a lot have a single value in them, when I try and print this doc in 0.5 margins A4 landscape using the format 1 page wide and 2 tall I get all of the data, but its far too small to read. I'm not bothered if the rows go on multiple pages, current worksheet uses 83 rows, but I need all my columns to show. What the problem seems to be is that the scaling options in Excel are proportional so when I state 1 page across it doesn...

Copying Data #2
Hi I have a spreadsheet with 2 sheets in it. Sheet 1 has merged cells, single cells and links on it to data contained in other workbooks. at the end of the working day i want to be able to click a macro to copy this information onto 'Sheet2' which has the same formats on it (merged cells, single cells) but no links. In other words i want the macro to copy and paste 'values' only.Thus retaining the information. When i try to record this macro i get a message telling me that 'The cells need to be the same size' which they are. If i just paste this information from sheet ...

excel worksheet has fields that continue FOREVER!
Hi all I have been plagued by this problem for a couple of weeks now. I have a habit of receiving files that have only 5 or 6 columns of data, maybe 100 or 200 records, but the worksheet continues on forever with blank cells. It is a wast of HD space and is making importing into ACCESS a little tough. If there is a quick way to stop this, please let me know. I tried to cut and paste, but when go down the left column to select, I highlight all the rows to the end! Thx, Randy -- araki ------------------------------------------------------------------------ araki's Profile: http://www.ex...

Excel Formula/Worksheet maybe Macro Question
OK. Heres what I want to do. I have my cell phone bill in Excel format and I want to write a macro or get a formula together to go through and sum up all the minutes by phone number. So basically I have 555-5551 | 5 555-5552 | 3 555-5551 | 3 555-5553 | 4 555-5552 | 10 555-5551 | 2 I want to generate another worksheet or table like this 555-5551 | 10 555-5552 | 13 555-5553 | 4 Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? Tutorials or what have you. I have very limited experience with Visual Basic within Office and I've used the SUMIF function before to generate what I want but I ...

Any news yet on what's expected when copies of MS Money expire?
Just wondering if there has been any updates as to what the users of money are expected to do when their copies of money expire? I've read to keep a watch on this site, as well as within money as to what to do, but I haven't seen anything here, nor has there been anything coming from within money except an offer to switch to Quicken 2010 - Yuk, do not want to do that. This question applies to what we need to do in regards to the possibility of having to re-install the software if/when a disaster occurs on our systems. Thanks for any and all comments. Microsoft has ...

Last cell copied
First I must apologize: I posted this question a week or so ago but can not find the Question or the response: Here goes I would like a macro thet would rum from a button on sheet 3 that would do the following: Find the last cell in sheet 1 in Col a then copy the info in that cell(sheet1 last cellmin cola) to sheet 3 cell c3 Tahnsk and sorry for the scr3ew up Here's the link to your original post: http://tinyurl.com/2lfcos -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may bene...

Save Worksheet As HTML Page
Hi there I recorded a macro to do a simple html export that is assigned to a button. This works fine. The VBA code is Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 9/02/2006 by rulebr ' ' With ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects("Brady Standard Quote 7.2.06_23158") .HtmlType = xlHtmlStatic .Publish (False) End With End Sub Id like to add a few more in the file name it saves it to.Through vba code is there a way to make the file that is save with the following file name format. QuoteNo_1000_cell(D10)_todaysdate.htm So an example would...

worksheet question
Using Excel 2003 with Windows XP Home. I edit a monthly guild newsletter with Publisher 2003 and tried to add in the one page size membership roster that I created with Excel. In trying to copy and paste or, thru Publisher, insert it as a worksheet, the formatting was all off, cells too large, page too large, the table looked totally different than in Excel. Is there a formatting step when creating a table that I'm not aware of? I'll be looking for a latest Dummies book, I know I'm not up to speed with the program. Perhaps you can copy the cells, and paste as a picture in...

Compare Worksheets #2
Hey all, is there any way to compare two worksheets? The limitations in the worksheet are: 1. The cells in some columns are merged. 2. However, all the data, whether merged or not, the formated remains the same. I meant if a1 and a2 are merged in sheet A, the same a1 and a2 are merged in Sheet B. Please help if there is any way to compare the worksheet. Also am not good at script. Please specify if there is any method for that. Your quick response is appreciated. Thanks, Pravi :) -- praveen_khm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ praveen_khm'...

Money 2004-Australia copies out
I went to a gfew computer stores today, and Money 2004 Std was there-so it's now out here in AU/NZ ...

Copying the contents of a cell to a different sheet but only if it is > zero
I know how to make information automaticaly transfer to a differen sheet, but how would I add an "if" statement to the formul "=+sheet1!E5" if I only want #'s greater than zero to transfer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I assume your "=+sheet1!E5" formula is on the sheet you want t information to transfer to. Change your formula to: =IF(Sheet1!E5=>0,Sheet1!E5,"") That will give you E5 from sheet 1 if it is >0 and a blank cell if i isn' -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =IF(Sheet1!E5>0,Sheet1!E5,&qu...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

Query output into a worksheet
I am using the following code to get data into RecSet from my database. I want to know if there is a way where i can export all records into a sheet without having to specify fields. If that is not possible then what's the easiest way to do this? Sub ExtractRecords() Dim dbConn As Object Dim SQLExtract As String Dim RecSet As New ADODB.Recordset Set dbConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") dbConn.Open "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=BALAJI;Database=PNR_Log;Uid=sa; Pwd=sa;" SQLExtract = "select * from PNRData" RecSet.Open SQLExtract, dbConn, adOpenDynamic,...

Excel Worksheet #6
How do I delete the large page numbers that show up in the middle of my worksheet. They do not print out but just show up on the screen. Pull-down: View > Normal -- Gary's Student "Lee" wrote: > How do I delete the large page numbers that show up in the middle of my > worksheet. They do not print out but just show up on the screen. ...

How do I set up one chart for multiple worksheets?
I have four worksheets with totals, I would like to create one chart for the total of each individual worksheet. Can I do this? You want one chart with data for all sheets, or one chart that you then copy to use on all sheets? To get data from one sheet into a chart on another sheet, one way is to copy the data, select the chart, and use Edit menu > Paste Special to add the data as a new series. To use a chart on a sheet with an identical data layout, copy the sheet with the chart and the data, then copy the data from another sheet, and paste it over top of the data on the copied s...