Copy column headings AND formula totals to blank spreadsheet

Hi Everyone!  I apologize that this was likely asked before but could
someone show me how I can copy my 'column headings, column widths and totals
formula' to a blank spreadsheet tab?  I have set up budget spreadsheet where
I input my receipts to keep track of monthly expenditures.

Could someone explain how to copy the column headings, the column widths,
AND the formulas of each column to a blank spreadsheet tab so each month
will contain the 'same headings, same column widths and the same formula for
each column'?

Thanks so much for any help!!!
katy

0
katy
12/9/2007 10:35:32 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Assuming you already have a sheet that is formatted as you wish.

Right-click on the sheet tab and "move or copy".  Select "create a copy" and ok.

With this copied sheet active, F5>Special>Constants.

Deselect "Text" and ok

Edit>Clear Contents which clears data but leaves formulas.  You will probably
get errors where your formulas are depending whether or not you have trapped for
errors.

If you need more sheets just copy this one a few times before starting to pound
new data into it.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:35:32 -0600, "katy" <fairytale_4_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Everyone!  I apologize that this was likely asked before but could
>someone show me how I can copy my 'column headings, column widths and totals
>formula' to a blank spreadsheet tab?  I have set up budget spreadsheet where
>I input my receipts to keep track of monthly expenditures.
>
>Could someone explain how to copy the column headings, the column widths,
>AND the formulas of each column to a blank spreadsheet tab so each month
>will contain the 'same headings, same column widths and the same formula for
>each column'?
>
>Thanks so much for any help!!!
>katy

0
Gord

Spreadsheet query #2
I have devised a list of items in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Against each item (in a different cell) is an amount which represtents the items value. I want to be able to use this spreadsheet, so that I can extract, say, all items under �6,000. Is this possible in Excel, or should I be using a database? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Michael. Hello Michael Advanced Filter is one way, Pivot Table is an other way. To my opinion, use of a database would be advisable if records exceed around 10000 items. HTH Cordially Pascal "Michael Dedman" <Mike@Le-Software-Man....

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Count Formula #4
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. They all have people requesting time off...first sheet is for people requesting more than a week off - 2nd for 1 week at a time - 3rd for people just wanting 1 day off. The sheets have their name then 2 columns one for days off starting and the other for days off finishing (With the exception of people just wanting one day off) I would like to have another sheet counting the number of people off on a daily basis. It is easy enough using "counif" for the people asking for 1 day off...but I can't seem to easily break out the weekly...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Cant se some columns! Why?
I have a spreadsheet that displays COL A and them col BL-BM-BN etc How do I get to see the cols B to BK I am working with EXCEL 2007 Thanks Either columns B through BK are hidden (most likely), or the Window is frozen and you've scrolled way over to the right, bringing column BL next to A. Assuming they're just hidden, Click on the 2 that identifies row 2 so that the entire row is selected, then On the [HOME] tab, in the CELLS group, pull down the "Format" list and choose Hide and Unhide and click the UNHIDE COLUMNS option. If its a Frozen window thin...

Formula to reach goal percentage of migrating customers
I am working on a formula and am stuck. I have a goal date that I want to have a certain percentage of customers migrated (90%). There are many weeks leading up to the goal date. I have the following criteria setup: Prior to Week-4 2% of base migrate Week-4 20% migrate Week-3 20% migrate Week-2 20% migrate Week-1 20% migrate Week-0 balance migrate How can I set up a formula on a declining base to reach my goal of 90%? ...

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Columns won't Hide!
I'm trying to hide columns in a ss and I get the message, "Cannot Shift Objects off Sheet.". I'm able to hide some columns but Excel seems to reach a limit. Help! You may have something in columns that you don't know about. "Tom" <thomas.hamilton@med.va.gov> wrote in message news:051e01c38d97$7b458e80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to hide columns in a ss and I get the > message, "Cannot Shift Objects off Sheet.". I'm able to > hide some columns but Excel seems to reach a limit. > > Help! >-----Original Mess...

Exotic Bets Spreadsheet
Hi, I want to load the 14 horses in the Preakness into Excel. And then have excel kick out all possible combinations for 1-2-3 place and 1-2-3-4. I can't seem to find an easy way to do this that is not manual. Please advise - thanks! Here is the list: 1 Malibu Moonshine 2 High Fly 3 Noble Causeway 4 Greeley's Galaxy 5 Scrappy T 6 Hal's Image 7 Closing Argument 8 Galloping Grocer 9 Wilko 10 Sun King 11 High Limit 12 Afleet Alex 13 Giacomo 14 Going Wild The macro below give you all possible 1-2-3 combinations (2184 in all) starting in D1. Assuming horse names are in A...

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

formula to get true average
Hi, I need a formula to achieve a average for some mutual funds I have purchased over a period of years. Column A contains the number of shares I have purchased and Column C contain the price per share and Column D contains the cost for these shares. For example column A2 contains 130.29 and Column C2 contains $18.30 and Column D2 contains $2,484.25. Each cell in Column A contains a different number of shares and likewise so does column C and D. I have 40 cells in Column A each with a different number of shares and Column C has 50 cells each with a different amount per share and Colum...

Error message when hiding columns
Has anyone seen this error message before when trying to hide columns? "Cannot shift objects off sheet." -- valenj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ valenj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24087 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376912 maybe this'll help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 valenj wrote: > > Has anyone seen this error message before whe...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Blank cells in graph
I have a a line graph that displays customer behaviour in a number of categories. The data source for the graph is a table that refreshes every time a different 'customer' is selected from a macro drop-down list above the table, drawing data from another table. All the blank cells from the table are plotted as zero on the line graph, and I can't seem to change it so that the blank cells are not plotted on the line graph at all. I've tried going to Tools>Options>Chart, but the 'Plot empty cells as' options are all greyed out except for the 'Zero' opt...

subtotal copy and paste

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

line column Pivot Charts

column headings in numbers vs letters
For some reason all my excel files now display columns as numbers rather than letters. How can I change back to letters? Why are all my old files also now reading in numbered columns? This is a setting of Excel, not of your files. Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "garyflood" <garyflood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6870D172-C11D-4FF9-A7D8-48BE89149DF8@microsoft.com... > For some reason all my excel files now display columns as numbers rather > than > letters. How...