I have a table of blood pressure readings that looks something like
this:

     A     B        C    D    E
11
12     Averages:   134   83   74
13  R#    Date     Sys  Dia  Pul
14   4   8/17/08   138   87   72
15   3   8/15/08   130   84   76
16   2   8/12/08   137   83   70
17   1   8/11/08   129   79   76

Cell A14 contains =A15+1
Cell C12 contains =AVERAGE(C14:C17)
Cell D12 contains =AVERAGE(D14:D17)
Cell E12 contains =AVERAGE(E14:E17)

Every time I take a new reading, I want to add a row to the top of the
table, between row 13 (the header) and row 14 (the previous top row).
I want to push all of the old rows down one row and I want all of the
formulas to adjust correctly.

When I first created this table, I didn't have the R# (Reading #)
column. To add a row, I would copy Row 14 just below itself with
insertion. I would select the entire row, then Ctrl-Shift-Drag the top
border to the bottom border. This would replicate Row 14 exactly.
Since the new row was within the range of the AVERAGE formulas in Row
12, all of those ranges would get updated. I could then just enter the
new readings and get the new averages.

Call this method the Copy-Insert-Down method.

When I added Column A, I ran into a problem. The Copy-Insert-Down
method causes the formulas in Column A to get messed up. The formula
in A14, =A15+1, changes to =A16+1 because A15 became A16. This gives
the wrong result. It needs to remain =A15+1. And, for reasons that I
don't understand, the formula in the new A15 becomes =A17+1, which is
also not what I want.

I can solve the Column A problem by using the Copy-Insert-Up method.
After selecting Row 14 as above, I Ctrl-Shift-Drag the bottom border
to the top border. This gets the right formula in all of the cells in
Column A, but all of the formulas in Row 12 are wrong. They do not
include the new row.

I do get a little black triangle in the upper left corner of each cell
in Row 14. If I click on it, I get an exclamation point in a little
box. If I click on that, I am given several options. One of them is
"Update formula to include cells". If I click on that, the formula is
fixed.

Is there a way to set this as the default?

I also tried the Copy-Insert-Up method on Row 15. This also works for
the AVERAGE functions, but the formulas in Column A fail in different
ways.

The simplest solution I have been able to come up with is to use the
Copy-Insert-Down method, then select cell A16 and drag the propagate
handle (is that the right name?) up over A15 and A14.

Is there a better way?

I am running Excel 2007.

0
SquarePeg (160)
8/18/2008 5:29:12 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 22:29:12 -0700, Square Peg <SquarePeg@Round.Hole>
wrote:

>I have a table of blood pressure readings that looks something like
>this:
>
>     A     B        C    D    E
>11
>12     Averages:   134   83   74
>13  R#    Date     Sys  Dia  Pul
>14   4   8/17/08   138   87   72
>15   3   8/15/08   130   84   76
>16   2   8/12/08   137   83   70
>17   1   8/11/08   129   79   76
>
>Cell A14 contains =A15+1
>Cell C12 contains =AVERAGE(C14:C17)
>Cell D12 contains =AVERAGE(D14:D17)
>Cell E12 contains =AVERAGE(E14:E17)
>
>Every time I take a new reading, I want to add a row to the top of the
>table, between row 13 (the header) and row 14 (the previous top row).
>I want to push all of the old rows down one row and I want all of the
>formulas to adjust correctly.
>
>When I first created this table, I didn't have the R# (Reading #)
>column. To add a row, I would copy Row 14 just below itself with
>insertion. I would select the entire row, then Ctrl-Shift-Drag the top
>border to the bottom border. This would replicate Row 14 exactly.
>Since the new row was within the range of the AVERAGE formulas in Row
>12, all of those ranges would get updated. I could then just enter the
>new readings and get the new averages.
>
>Call this method the Copy-Insert-Down method.
>

>When I added Column A, I ran into a problem. The Copy-Insert-Down
>method causes the formulas in Column A to get messed up. The formula
>in A14, =A15+1, changes to =A16+1 because A15 became A16. This gives
>the wrong result. It needs to remain =A15+1. And, for reasons that I
>don't understand, the formula in the new A15 becomes =A17+1, which is
>also not what I want.
>

>I can solve the Column A problem by using the Copy-Insert-Up method.
>After selecting Row 14 as above, I Ctrl-Shift-Drag the bottom border
>to the top border. This gets the right formula in all of the cells in
>Column A, but all of the formulas in Row 12 are wrong. They do not
>include the new row.
>
>I do get a little black triangle in the upper left corner of each cell
>in Row 14. If I click on it, I get an exclamation point in a little
>box. If I click on that, I am given several options. One of them is
>"Update formula to include cells". If I click on that, the formula is
>fixed.
>
>Is there a way to set this as the default?
>

>I also tried the Copy-Insert-Up method on Row 15. This also works for
>the AVERAGE functions, but the formulas in Column A fail in different
>ways.
>

>The simplest solution I have been able to come up with is to use the
>Copy-Insert-Down method, then select cell A16 and drag the propagate
>handle (is that the right name?) up over A15 and A14.
>

>Is there a better way?
>

>I am running Excel 2007.

I discovered a reply from David McRitchie from a couple of weeks ago
which mentions the OFFSET function. If I change the formulas in A16 to
=OFFSET(A16,1,0)+1 and propagate upward, then my Copy-Insert-Down
method works. The coding =OFFSET(A16,1,0)+1 in cell A16 is the old
Assembler coding convention of "*+1", meaning "this location plus 1".

Since =OFFSET(A14,1,0)+1 references A15 by referencing itself, rather
than A15 directly as in =A15+1, Excel will not change the "A14" unless
that row itself moves, not if A15 moves.

Slick. Convoluted, but slick.

Too bad Excel doesn't support some simpler notation for "the cell just
below me". I guess [=(*+1)+1] won't work because it doesn't provide
for "the cell just to my right". It would have to be [=(*+1,*)+1].
Ugh.

I thought the old R1C1 notation. The formula then becomes [=R[1]C+1].
But, alas, this still refers to the cell below and when that cell
moves, Excel updates the formula.

So, OFFSET it is.

Thanks, David.
0
SquarePeg (160)
8/18/2008 6:50:41 AM
Hi

If you made your ranges
=AVERAGE(C13:C17) etc.
then you don't have to worry, as row 13 itself is remaining fixed.
Average() will ignore text values in row 13

Just insert a new row at 14 each time, by selecting row number>right
click>Insert.
You will need to grab the fill handle on cell A15 and drag upward to insert
the formula in A14.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message
> I have a table of blood pressure readings that looks something like
> this:
>
>     A     B        C    D    E
> 11
> 12     Averages:   134   83   74
> 13  R#    Date     Sys  Dia  Pul
> 14   4   8/17/08   138   87   72
> 15   3   8/15/08   130   84   76
> 16   2   8/12/08   137   83   70
> 17   1   8/11/08   129   79   76
>
> Cell A14 contains =A15+1
> Cell C12 contains =AVERAGE(C14:C17)
> Cell D12 contains =AVERAGE(D14:D17)
> Cell E12 contains =AVERAGE(E14:E17)
>
> Every time I take a new reading, I want to add a row to the top of the
> table, between row 13 (the header) and row 14 (the previous top row).
> I want to push all of the old rows down one row and I want all of the
> formulas to adjust correctly.
>
> When I first created this table, I didn't have the R# (Reading #)
> column. To add a row, I would copy Row 14 just below itself with
> insertion. I would select the entire row, then Ctrl-Shift-Drag the top
> border to the bottom border. This would replicate Row 14 exactly.
> Since the new row was within the range of the AVERAGE formulas in Row
> 12, all of those ranges would get updated. I could then just enter the
> new readings and get the new averages.
>
> Call this method the Copy-Insert-Down method.
>

> When I added Column A, I ran into a problem. The Copy-Insert-Down
> method causes the formulas in Column A to get messed up. The formula
> in A14, =A15+1, changes to =A16+1 because A15 became A16. This gives
> the wrong result. It needs to remain =A15+1. And, for reasons that I
> don't understand, the formula in the new A15 becomes =A17+1, which is
> also not what I want.
>

> I can solve the Column A problem by using the Copy-Insert-Up method.
> After selecting Row 14 as above, I Ctrl-Shift-Drag the bottom border
> to the top border. This gets the right formula in all of the cells in
> Column A, but all of the formulas in Row 12 are wrong. They do not
> include the new row.
>
> I do get a little black triangle in the upper left corner of each cell
> in Row 14. If I click on it, I get an exclamation point in a little
> box. If I click on that, I am given several options. One of them is
> "Update formula to include cells". If I click on that, the formula is
> fixed.
>
> Is there a way to set this as the default?
>

> I also tried the Copy-Insert-Up method on Row 15. This also works for
> the AVERAGE functions, but the formulas in Column A fail in different
> ways.
>

> The simplest solution I have been able to come up with is to use the
> Copy-Insert-Down method, then select cell A16 and drag the propagate
> handle (is that the right name?) up over A15 and A14.
>

> Is there a better way?
>

> I am running Excel 2007.

0
Roger
8/18/2008 11:02:52 AM
I seht him a file which includes a graph using defined ranges. If anyone
else wants it, I will ONLY respond to OFF list requests.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message
>I have a table of blood pressure readings that looks something like
> this:
>
>     A     B        C    D    E
> 11
> 12     Averages:   134   83   74
> 13  R#    Date     Sys  Dia  Pul
> 14   4   8/17/08   138   87   72
> 15   3   8/15/08   130   84   76
> 16   2   8/12/08   137   83   70
> 17   1   8/11/08   129   79   76
>
> Cell A14 contains =A15+1
> Cell C12 contains =AVERAGE(C14:C17)
> Cell D12 contains =AVERAGE(D14:D17)
> Cell E12 contains =AVERAGE(E14:E17)
>
> Every time I take a new reading, I want to add a row to the top of the
> table, between row 13 (the header) and row 14 (the previous top row).
> I want to push all of the old rows down one row and I want all of the
> formulas to adjust correctly.
>
> When I first created this table, I didn't have the R# (Reading #)
> column. To add a row, I would copy Row 14 just below itself with
> insertion. I would select the entire row, then Ctrl-Shift-Drag the top
> border to the bottom border. This would replicate Row 14 exactly.
> Since the new row was within the range of the AVERAGE formulas in Row
> 12, all of those ranges would get updated. I could then just enter the
> new readings and get the new averages.
>
> Call this method the Copy-Insert-Down method.
>

> When I added Column A, I ran into a problem. The Copy-Insert-Down
> method causes the formulas in Column A to get messed up. The formula
> in A14, =A15+1, changes to =A16+1 because A15 became A16. This gives
> the wrong result. It needs to remain =A15+1. And, for reasons that I
> don't understand, the formula in the new A15 becomes =A17+1, which is
> also not what I want.
>

> I can solve the Column A problem by using the Copy-Insert-Up method.
> After selecting Row 14 as above, I Ctrl-Shift-Drag the bottom border
> to the top border. This gets the right formula in all of the cells in
> Column A, but all of the formulas in Row 12 are wrong. They do not
> include the new row.
>
> I do get a little black triangle in the upper left corner of each cell
> in Row 14. If I click on it, I get an exclamation point in a little
> box. If I click on that, I am given several options. One of them is
> "Update formula to include cells". If I click on that, the formula is
> fixed.
>
> Is there a way to set this as the default?
>

> I also tried the Copy-Insert-Up method on Row 15. This also works for
> the AVERAGE functions, but the formulas in Column A fail in different
> ways.
>

> The simplest solution I have been able to come up with is to use the
> Copy-Insert-Down method, then select cell A16 and drag the propagate
> handle (is that the right name?) up over A15 and A14.
>

> Is there a better way?
>

> I am running Excel 2007.

0
dguillett1 (2487)
8/18/2008 12:14:10 PM
Bounced. If desired, send me an acceptable email addy.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>> Column A, but all of the formulas in Row 12 are wrong. They do not
>> include the new row.
>>
>> I do get a little black triangle in the upper left corner of each cell
>> in Row 14. If I click on it, I get an exclamation point in a little
>> box. If I click on that, I am given several options. One of them is
>> "Update formula to include cells". If I click on that, the formula is
>> fixed.
>>
>> Is there a way to set this as the default?
>>

>> I also tried the Copy-Insert-Up method on Row 15. This also works for
>> the AVERAGE functions, but the formulas in Column A fail in different
>> ways.
>>

>> The simplest solution I have been able to come up with is to use the
>> Copy-Insert-Down method, then select cell A16 and drag the propagate
>> handle (is that the right name?) up over A15 and A14.

0
dguillett1 (2487)
8/18/2008 12:36:48 PM
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:36:48 -0500, "Don Guillett"
<dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>Bounced. If desired, send me an acceptable email addy.

Sorry, just trying to stay one step ahead of the spam.

I've sent you an email with a valid email address.
0
SquarePeg (160)
8/18/2008 3:25:32 PM
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:36:48 -0500, "Don Guillett"
<dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>Bounced. If desired, send me an acceptable email addy.

Graphs received. Thanks. I'll try to learn from them.
0
SquarePeg (160)

OWA failing
I am running exchange 5.5 on 2000 server. Under administrative tools, Routing and Remote Access was accidentally started. Since this occured our OWA keeps stopping...I get this error message in event viewer: Event ID 36872 but when I looked up this error it said this can occur on your AD domain controller. This server is not a domain controller, what do I need to do to fix this? ...

How do I copy protect an Excel template
I have created a template that I want to sell but I want to keep it from being copied and passed around to those who don't wish to pay for the product. Is it possible to copy protect this template? Yes, you can protect it from most, but not from everyone. Please see these two articles, which might be of interest to you: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/about_security_and_securing_files_in_microsoft_office.htm http://www.officearticles.com/misc/purchasing_vba_programming_for_microsoft_office_applications.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "videomag&quo...

how to key in one table and show in another tables in Access 2003
I have many tables how can I link them together and as I type certain information in the master show in the other tables. You should not duplicate data in different tables. This constitutes redundancy and leaves the database open to the risk of inconsistent data. Tables should be related to each other by a foreign key column or columns in one referencing a primary key column or columns in another. Non-key columns should only be in one table. The process of eliminating redundancy in tables is known as 'normalization'. Here's a brief description of how it works: Normali...

Another debug error # 1004
Can someone help me with this? I can not figure out why it is happening. I get a debug error # 1004 on the line that says sh.cut. It works fine all the formulas are gone but it will not continue with the rest of the code. The sheet has a lot of data in it. CODE With ActiveSheet ..Name = myname 'removes formulas ..UsedRange.Value = .UsedRange.Value For Each sh In .Shapes 'Debug is on next line sh.Cut Next sh End With There are a lot of shapes that you can't cut--comments, data|validation dropdowns, dropdown arrows from autofilter. If you know what you want to cut, you m...

import store 2.0 to hq failing
After upgrading store ops from 1.2 to 2.0 (no problems) we are trying to implement hq 2.0 by bringing in the biggest store db through the hd admin. However, it fails on an invalid column category. Any ideas? ...

Copying matched criteria plus relevant columns to new worksheet
I want to use code in a macro to search for criteria in a worksheet which allows the matched data to be copied (along with other relevant columns) to another worksheet in the same file. Would this involve some sort of loop? Any help apreciated. Thanks in advance, Matt there are several ways to do it. if you want to copy a hundred cells for three columns every time something in row 3 is matched somehting like the following could be used. sub try() tar=1 ' target column in sheet 2 for c = 1 to 34 step 3 ' this will be the look up column in sheet 1 if sheets("Sheet1&quo...

Easy way to find a link?
Is there a quick easy way to find a link in a workbook that has 50 pages? The best is to use the LINK feature in Excel and if necessary to combine it with the FIND REPLACE tool. To see how to do this you can go to http://www.auditexcel.co.za/othertools.html and watch the video clips for External Links and Find Replace. Hope that helps "LSchmitz" wrote: > Is there a quick easy way to find a link in a workbook that has 50 pages? > > > Is it a link to another workbook? If yes, then I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Defa...

Exchange 5.5 with multiple servers in one site
Hi All, I am trying to setup a second Exchange server because my company is growing so rapidly. If I add another server and make it part of the current SITE. Both servers can share one Global Address book thru directory replication. How does the user logon? If there is two servers A and B, can a person with mailbox on server B logon thru server A? What about routing, when an email comes in for person@xyz.com and his mailbox resides on server B will server A forward it to server B? Thanks for your help. Will On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:52:52 -0400, "Will" <will8410@yahoo.com&...

Best way to handle problem
I am working a temporary job and trying to create an EASY to use for for tracking training employees. I have a LARGE list of classes. I have looked at handling this severa ways: 1) Straightforward drop down list of all classes - Problem: Th list is very large and the names are so long (with several variants o each class - ie: internet class, classroom, or self paced training) an the drop down box (which doesn't word wrap that i have seen) would hav to be a full sheet wide just to see the entire course name. 2) A Use Form which would accomodate a box that would be more adjustable to...

.NET 3.5 update failed, error #0x8007064C
Windows update downloaded and failed to install updates for .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 initially. Found instructions to download cleanup tool, remove both 2.0 and 3.5 and manually reinstall them. The problem with 2.0 went away, but the update installer thinks I still need the update for 3.5 and keeps trying to install it, and failing with the error code: 0x8007064C It's blocking all other updates. Please suggest how to fix it. Hello Steve, Google is your friend. A search for this error code showed this as the first of many entries: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958055/en-u...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

can't move the items. could not complete the operation. One or more parameters value not valid
Hi I am using Outlook 2003, previously used 2002 / XP. I have one PST file (2002 format) that seems to have got corrupt. I moved half the content over fine to a new PST (2003 format) but a number messages give me the following error "can't move the items. could not complete the operation. One or more parameters value not valid". I then created a new PST file (2002 format) and just copied the messages over - it created the folders ok but no messages, right at the end I got the following error "Can't move the items. Unable to move or copy folders. Can...

Transfer of psts from one computer to another
I was given a hand-me-down pc and have installed my Office Enterprise 2007 on the new machine (which operates on Vista). I've configured my Outlook addresss. I've copied my psts from the old machine (running XP and Outlook 2003) to an external hard drive and have attempted to import them to the new machine. I get an error "don't have permission to access these personal folders". Is this because I need to first delete the previous user's profile and create one for myself? Or is there another issue? Please advise. Locate the pst files in the Document...

How to copy block of cells and keep grouping?
I have about a 150 by 30 block of cells. About every 5 cells are grouped together, making it significantly smaller. when you click the "-" to have them contract. I will take me days to go through and make all the groups again if I want to make the same block on the same worksheet. Is there a way to copy a block of cells and include the grouping? Thanks -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

E-mail from Bank One I received today
Below is an e-mail that Bank One (ie FirstUSA) e-mailed me today when I questioned what would happen to MS Money direct downloads as they merged their website with Chase (which DOES NOT direct download). Anyone who values these direct downloads, might want to contact them and let them know how valuable this service is to their customers. Their new Chase website is up and running. It looks great, but it doesn't direct download into Money. Lori, As your credit card company, we value your business. It is important to us that we provide you with timely information regarding your accou...

Deleted one report in Reportmanager by mistake.
Hi, I deleted one report [Accout Distribution] in Reportmanager by mistake. Please let me know if there is a way to recover this. Thanks, -Sekhar Have you got the CRM server media available ? If so, you will find that report's definition in \Reports\MSCRM\Account Distribution.rdl Create a new report in CRM, and specify the above RDL file as the report's location Specify 'Customers' as the related record types, and 'Reports area' as Display In -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Sekhar" wrote: > Hi, &...

Is there a way to "glue" a matrix rectangle of cells together?
The cells would only be moved as a group, but could be detached from each other at some point. Dshope - One way: First select the rectangular range of cells. Then move the cursor near an edge of the selection. When the cursor turns into a four-arrow shape, click and drag the entire range to a new location. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Dshope" <Dshope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B03F9D-84F2-44E3-8DE7-5A5992C6EEAD@microsoft.com... > The cells would only be moved as a group, but could be detached from each > other at s...

How to Select large amount of data in a colum that equals column from another table.
Ive got a huge table and I want to select the data in one column that is equal to that of a column in another table? is there an easy way to do this? Thanks One way, if you know the parameters of the original, is to type the references in the name box and hit <Enter>. For example, click in the name box and enter: E1:E65000 Then <Enter>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wro...

how to subtract one row from the other?
how to subtract one row from the other? Use a simple formula like =A1-A2 Copy this formula to the right as far as you need to go. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "prasad" <prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADC60A5-9995-4E52-9A58-7A7FAFC8C69E@microsoft.com... > how to subtract one row from the other? ...

How do I print one page only in a Publisher catalog merge?
I'm doing a catalog merge in Publisher for the first time and want to print only the one sheet with the address on each. Does anyone know how to print one sheet only in a catalog merge? I'm desperate for help! In step 3(step 5 in 2003), create a new publication, select the page, print current page. Not sure this is the answer you are looking for. You don't need to save the new publication, but it is a way to print one page. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "woodlandsec" <woodlandsec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48...

retrieval of one note documents
I was trying to save a powerpoint I had downloaded into One Note the other day that included additional notes I had added and for some reason it didn't save correctly and the information was lost. Is there any way to retrieve the documents with the notes I added? Is there any other way to search in one note other than searching "all notebooks" using keywords? Thanks I would suggest asking your question in either a PowerPoint or One Note newsgroup. This has nothing to do with Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publish...

Trying to recover one Public Folder
Ex2K. A Public Folder got deleted during rehmonig. At the end of replication, both replica was removed accidentally. Public Folder instance is there in one server without any data in to. Need to recover the Public Folder. Have a on-line exchange backup after initial replication Will this work If I install a DC with GC and DNS, remove the DC from production LAN. On a test LAN bring the DC back. Install exchagne server "as a move to new hardware" on seperate box in this test LAN. Restore exchagne databases on here. Another workstation to connect as user and make a .pst of the delete...

How does one correct an incorrect payment?
Here's what I am trying to figure out how to correct: I'm setup with auto-debit with my apartment building. This month, they were only supposed to withdraw $400 for rent, but accidentally withdrew $1100. They wrote me a check as a refund in the amount of $700. Via the auto-sync with my bank, MS Money 2006 downloaded both transactions. I could mark the $1100 dollars as "rent expense", and the $700 as "other income", but this wouldn't really be correct, as I didn't really pay that much for rent, and the reimbursement isn't really income. So how ...

a sum from one sheet and to put in an invoice for each mounth
a sum from one sheet in Exel and to put in anther sheet for an invoice for each mounth Is it possible to have a bit more information? Are the sheets that you want to move the data between in the same workbook? different workbooks? Does the sum need to be dynamic (ie if the number is invoiced for the month and does not change - or will some other changes be made and will the sum need to reflect that in both places?) it's the same if it in two workbooks (and the names don't change) or if it's on two sheets in one workbook. Open both workbooks,select the cell where you'...

Recalling more than one cell by inputting a single command
Hello everybody, I have a master list of books and course. each course has a course number.for each course there are different number of books.the books are linked to the course by the course number. So in a new sheet when i enter the course number, for example 09001: English, 10 books required,price all comes up without a problem. the problem comes when i try to recall the book list. it cycles through and only prints the last book in that section. i've been using the vlookup function. Is there a way i can get excel to print out all the books by inputting the course n...