Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB

Hello ~

I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table.  The original Word table
contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with
carriage-return(line return).
..
I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field
in Access or Excel

I have the following structure in my Word table:

Column1:  PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line)
Column2:  Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp)
Column3:  Description(text, multiline)
Column4:  Code#(alphanumeric, single line)
Column5:  Notes(text, multiline)

In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with
carriage-return-linefeed instead of Alt-Enter) as say, a note field in
Access.

I look forward to your recommendations.

Thanks

PS: I'm using OfficeXP.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

How do I keep from printing blank pages in excel?
I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages. Is there an easier way? Thanks. You could press Ctrl-* to select just the current region, then use Print Selection, rather than simply Print. You can probably even record a macro incorporating those steps to speed it up. "Davbwalker" wrote: > I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. > I can filter the data to show only r...

"Functions Displaying", & Old Excel 97 ?
Hello, Really embarased to ask, but: Using an old copy of Excel "97" Where do I find the list of Functions that are available (on what pull-down menu), and how do I display them, please ? Just can't seem to find them on any of the items that displays. How can I get an icon to allow easy access to them on one of the toolbars ? Thank you, B. Excel's help is nice(?). Look for Functions. and... Take a look at Peter Nonely's workbook that describes lots of functions: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ Norman Harker has his version at Debra Dalgleish's si...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

Auto filter hidden cells
Hello, Yesterday I created a table and by using the custom format ;;; I managed to hide all but the first line of each category and still get all lines of the same instance to show in an auto filter. Today I open the sheet and try to use the auto filter. All I get now is the visible line only. eg Yesterday I made: Bob 1 Bob 2 Bob 3 Look Like Bob 1 2 3 Today I now only get Bob 1 No edits have been made whatsoever. How can I get it back? I really need this back as I want my print format to hide the repetitions but the auto filter to still be fully...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

looking for an excel? template for ebay use...
any help for the best way to manage sales when dealing with lots of ebay listings. Thanks ...

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Graph and Cell References
I am looking to create a graph, that references cells from two different worksheets for the same data set. I would use part of one of the sheets (or a third possibly hidden sheet) to consolidate the data with formulas such as =Sheet1!A5 and =Sheet2!G2 Now make the charts anywhere you wish from the consolidated data. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "balandino" <balandino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF079347-7492-4BD9-9A3D-A483F5B1E962@microsoft.com... >I am looking to create a graph, that r...

Macros in excel
how to find first empty cell in a selected column ie A12:A20 with a macro This should do it. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Sub FindFirstEmptyCell() MsgBox Range("A12:A20").End(xlDown).Offset(1) End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "plugger" wrote: > how to find first empty cell in a selected column ie A12:A20 with a macro You can use the End property of a range- this is the same as holding down Ctrl + [Down/Up Arrow]. If you are sure that there is one continuous range of non-blank cells in the column then it is more r...

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

Sharing a excel document over the internet
Hey everyone, I am looking to improve a few things with a client of mine. I have an excel worksheet(office 2000, but we coudl also purchase office xp if needed) which contains work that i have to do for my client. What i would like to do is setup an excel doc that would inform us(depending who modifies the document) that there were changes made (like in outlook or something). Example: he writes that he wants me to install 2 new computers in section d(whatever) of the office. HE then saves the excel file, and outlook automatically sends me a notice that it has been modified. I then double ...

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

Getting an integer value (in one line) out of SelectSingleNode from an XMLDoc.
[C# code oriented] Two questions: (1) I can pull the text of an XML element as a string just fine using code as such: strSomeString = myXmlDoc.SelectSingleNode("/Element1/Element2/Element3[1]", myXmlNSMgr).InnerText; However, the text to be found there is an integer number. I have tried to use just about every casting and conversion method to be able to place that value into an integer variable. This includes code such as: intSomeInt = (int)(strSomeString = myXmlDoc.SelectSingleNode("/Element1/Element2/Element3[1]", myXmlNSMgr).InnerText); intSomeInt = Convert.ToInt...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

How to open excel with in IE
hi, i want to open excel with in IE and shud be able to control the object using script. If i use createobject, it opens up a MS-Excel separately. is there a way to embed excel with in IE. balaji ...

Cannot display all datas in Line Chart
Hi everybody, I have a chart report , the type is line chart. It shows the values per half hour. the X axis is time (Per Half Hour) , the Y axis is the value for that time. it works well when I select the time between 130 Days , but it wont show the more than 130 days. eg : when I choose to show the data from Oct 22, 2007 to Feb 22, 2008 it shows the data from Oct 22,2007 to Feb 02 , 2008 I cannot get the accurity end data but I can guess it from the values in X axis the values are : Oct 22, Oct 26, Oct 31... ...Jan 22 , Jan 24 , Jan 27 , Jan 29 Please if some one can tell me does the...

XML Note convert to DataSet