Converting Comments to Footnote Type References #2

I understand that Excel is not a word processor.  What I wanted to kno
is if there was a better way to anotate a spreadsheet.  This i
important for providing spreadsheet data (budgets in this case) i
printed form to others.  Referencing cell notes for these hardcop
users would be much better if there were a supersrcipt reference numbe
in a cell which then would match to comments at the bottom of the page.

I'll try some of those macro suggestions you provided though.  Thanks,

Scot

--
Planne
Planner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1296

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could always add the footnote/backnote number to your comment, then use an
out of the way range to store the real notes.

But that won't help with seeing them on paper.

Maybe you could add a shape from the Drawing toolbar (triangle in the top left
corner).  Put a number in that and it should be visible when you print.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

If you don't like that format (row then column)  the you could use a
    Macro to populate another sheet with comments by column (#printcommentsbycolumn)
     http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#printcommentsbycolumn

Print all cell comments to a file and view the results with your web browser. (#printastext)
     http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#printsastext

List all comments from all sheets, Dick Kusleika,
  http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uqEBW52WCHA.3808%40tkmsftngp08

My page on Cell Comments is:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm
---
HTH,

"Planner" <Planner.1dexzy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Planner.1dexzy@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I understand that Excel is not a word processor.  What I wanted to know
> is if there was a better way to anotate a spreadsheet.  This is
> important for providing spreadsheet data (budgets in this case) in
> printed form to others.  Referencing cell notes for these hardcopy
> users would be much better if there were a supersrcipt reference number
> in a cell which then would match to comments at the bottom of the page.
>
> I'll try some of those macro suggestions you provided though.  Thanks,
>
> Scott
>

> --
> Planner
> Planner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12964
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265215

0
dmcritchie (2586)

---
HTH,

"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message news:uo5ZKeQqEHA.708@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> You are working with an Excel spreadsheet the proper way to have a cell
> comment reference would be to refer to the cell.
>    File, Page Setup,  Sheet (tab),   Print Comments:  At end of Sheet
>      and also  suggest   Print:  Row and Column   Headers
>
> If you don't like that format (row then column)  the you could use a
>     Macro to populate another sheet with comments by column (#printcommentsbycolumn)
>      http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#printcommentsbycolumn
>
> Print all cell comments to a file and view the results with your web browser. (#printastext)
>      http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#printsastext
>
> List all comments from all sheets, Dick Kusleika,
>   http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uqEBW52WCHA.3808%40tkmsftngp08
>
> My page on Cell Comments is:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Planner" <Planner.1dexzy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Planner.1dexzy@excelforum-nospam.com...
> >
> > I understand that Excel is not a word processor.  What I wanted to know
> > is if there was a better way to anotate a spreadsheet.  This is
> > important for providing spreadsheet data (budgets in this case) in
> > printed form to others.  Referencing cell notes for these hardcopy
> > users would be much better if there were a supersrcipt reference number
> > in a cell which then would match to comments at the bottom of the page.
> >
> > I'll try some of those macro suggestions you provided though.  Thanks,
> >
> > Scott
> >

> > --
> > Planner
> > Planner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12964
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265215

0
dmcritchie (2586)

how to convert date

Comment Font #2
Where do you chage the font default for a comment box. Each time I insert a cooment box into excel, it defaults to a font size of 8 and I have to change it to read it. Where is the setting to change this to a different font size. I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. Thanks for the help. Visit Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default Craig wrote: > > Where do you chage the font default for a comment box. Each time I insert a > cooment box into excel, it defaults to a font size of 8 and I have to change > it to read it. Where is th...

Xml2PDF version 2.3 with support for WordML is released
Xml2PDF formatting engine version 2.3 May 25, 2004 Altsoft N.V. Altsoft N.V. is proud to announce the release of version 2.3 of its Xml2PDF formatting engine. The update includes: - WordML as a new input format; - support for fo:float in XSL-FO; - improved word and line stacking in all formats; - side floating is available in XHTML; - images can be used as a pattern in SVG; All editions of Xml2PDF formatting engine, which include Workstation, XmlSpy Plug-In, Hotfolder and .NET API, are automatically updated. Altsoft Xml2PDF is a .NET based formatting engine for converting various XML-base...

Convert text to time value

You a 7-Day FREE Trial #2
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

CAN'T SEND EMAIL IN OUTLOOK #2
I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and click on "file" then 'send to", instead of the "send" button, I get a message "email blocked because of attachment". How can I get rid of OUTLOOK so that I can just use my simple OE6? Simple, you stop using outlook and set up / configure OE To be doubly sure you can uninstall OL "XJS FAN" <XJSFAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F862BA-FFFC-4B41-A59B-2BDDA895B9B6@microsoft.com... >I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

service pack 2
I jave install this update mulpitle time do a reboot and the system tells me that it need to instll it agian each time it say successfull any ideas Please always state what OS you're & service pack Also, could you supply some information on what your firewall is, what is the installed antivirus/security suite, other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot Search & Destroy (reduced functionality called "TeaTimer") Avira (From version 9) (Included in antivirus package), Ad-Aware, etc? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -=- SP2 ? WinXP SP2, Vista SP2, Win2K SP...

CRM1.2 on SQL 2005
Does CRM 1.2 support SQL Server 2005 standard edition? I am trying to install and get the following error: I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM server 1.2 on Server2003 with SQL 2005 and get following installation error during install: "Setup was unable ot install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14)." Thanks Chris "Chris" <chrisd1972@gmail.com> wrote in news:1153695510.955617.243440 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com: > Does CRM 1....

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

Graph and Cell References
I am looking to create a graph, that references cells from two different worksheets for the same data set. I would use part of one of the sheets (or a third possibly hidden sheet) to consolidate the data with formulas such as =Sheet1!A5 and =Sheet2!G2 Now make the charts anywhere you wish from the consolidated data. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "balandino" <balandino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF079347-7492-4BD9-9A3D-A483F5B1E962@microsoft.com... >I am looking to create a graph, that r...

Convert Access97 to 2000

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

In POS 2.0 Under Reports the Custom is Greyed out
Why does POS 2.0 Have a custom option under reports but not let me access it? I am logging in with owner rights and it is still greyed out. Is there someway to activate this feature? The custom option is for the custom reports that you write. "Brad D" wrote: > Why does POS 2.0 Have a custom option under reports but not let me access it? > I am logging in with owner rights and it is still greyed out. Is there > someway to activate this feature? I am needing a custom report. I guess I am needing some insite into how to write them and where to save them. "tommyv...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Relative sheet reference
Is there a way to reference sheets not by itn's name but by its relative position? 1st sheet name = 'Report' 2nd sheet name = 'Data1' 3rd sheet name = 'Data2' I'd like to refernece data in sheet 'Data2' relatively. Somthing like Sheet(3)!A4 /Morten Hi try .... dim rng as range set rng = worksheets(3).range("A4") msgbox rng.value .... -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hansiman wrote: > Is there a way to reference sheets not by itn's name but by its > relative position? > > 1st sheet name = 'Report' > 2...

Numbers converting to decimal

2 Exchange servers 5.5 in the same site.
Hello, I have a weird case over here and I don't know if it normal. I would like to hear your experiences and if there a solution. The case is that I've always had only one exchange server (version 5.5) and recently we added a second one. When we send an email were the sender and the recipients are in differents servers it takes about 10 minutos to be delivered (the sender does not perceive it, the email leaves his PC inmediatly). Is there a reason for this behavior? We have both servers in the save LAN connected to the same LAN Switch. Thanks. www.tumujer.com "Ale...

linking comments to appear in cell at same time
Is it possible to have comments for cells, appear in a seperate cells or worksheet as data as they are added like link function ? I have tried in some other work a code similar to the following code in vba Range("d2") = Range("a1").Comment.Text but I am not aware whether it can be linked. perhaps a event code with sheet_change can be attempted. MarkM <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79715F8-04A9-460C-A00C-5FDFEE2DBA5F@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have comments for cells, appear in a seperate cells or > worksheet as data as t...