convert to csv using macro gives wrong seperator

Hi,

We used to store excel data to a CSV file on our server to be pickup by
another program.  This is always done with a macro which simply executes a
save-to-csv.

Since installing Office2007, this macro writes this CSV file with a wrong
delimeter.  The file is generated with a ',' in stead of a ';' (which is
defined).  When we save the document as CSV without the macro (manual
process) the file is correctly written...

any suggestions?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try using the "Local" parameter in your macro (I assume you're using the
SaveAs method):

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Book1.csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV,
Local:=True

--
Jim
"Patrick Goovaerts" <patrick@pgoovaerts.be> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| We used to store excel data to a CSV file on our server to be pickup by
| another program.  This is always done with a macro which simply executes a
| save-to-csv.
|
| Since installing Office2007, this macro writes this CSV file with a wrong
| delimeter.  The file is generated with a ',' in stead of a ';' (which is
| defined).  When we save the document as CSV without the macro (manual
| process) the file is correctly written...
|
| any suggestions?

0
jrrech (1933)
10/2/2007 12:02:06 PM
Thanks!

"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Try using the "Local" parameter in your macro (I assume you're using the
> SaveAs method):
>
> ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Book1.csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV,
> Local:=True
>
> --
> Jim
> "Patrick Goovaerts" <patrick@pgoovaerts.be> wrote in message
> | Hi,
> |
> | We used to store excel data to a CSV file on our server to be pickup by
> | another program.  This is always done with a macro which simply executes
> | save-to-csv.
> |
> | Since installing Office2007, this macro writes this CSV file with a
> wrong
> | delimeter.  The file is generated with a ',' in stead of a ';' (which is
> | defined).  When we save the document as CSV without the macro (manual
> | process) the file is correctly written...
> |
> | any suggestions?

But it's NOT a different version
My computer was recently reformatted. The same Publisher 2000 program was installed, but now I can't open my files anymore. I'm not running any antivirus programs. Any suggestions?? Thanks. Sue Do you have all of the appropriate patches downloaded? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "sue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B4E5426-B4EC-4B1F-B2C7-DDBF97C69D8A@microsoft.com... > My computer was recently reformatted. The same Publisher 2000 program was installed, but now I can't open my files anymore. I'm not running an...

console use of GUI app?
Hi, trying to extend an MFC GUI app so that it can be given some command line parameters and will then run in "quiet" mode, without displaying the GUI. Up to here it works fine. The problem is that when the app is launched e.g. from a cmd.exe console, the console doesn't wait for the app to finish. Which also means the cmd.exe console won't display the text written by the app to cout or stdout. Any ideas on how to 'correct' this? thanks! - Jan No surprises here. This is how Windows is defined to work. A console app writes to a console, a GUI app doesn't ha...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Removal of thousands seperator in downloaded data
I have downloaded data with an open space as thousands seperator, an example is a number like 2 098,67. Excel will not recognize this as a number. How can I remove this thousands seperator so that the number becomes 2098,67? I need to do this to use the data in another program. See other post. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "finney78" <finney78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE4BBB3-12AB-4DDD-AD0A-F88ADD242B73@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded data with an open space as thousands seperator, an example >...

Hyperlink behavior Word 2007: correct page but wrong part of page
I've searched a lot of place but have not even seen anyone else having this problem. Document is a multi-page Word 2007 form template with hyperlinks for navigation. In most cases clicking a hyperlink will take you to the correct page, and the top of the page displays. However on some pages, it either displays the bottom of the page and/or the top of the next page. Sometimes the cursor is in the first form field of the following page. With the template open, view field codes, show bookmarks and show text boundaries, I still can't see what might be causing this behavi...

VBA using VC++ 7.1
I am trying to convert an application from VC++ 6.0 to VC++ 7.1 that has support for VBA. We are using VBA 6.3. I am getting errors trying to build this applcaion in VC++ 7.1 using unmanaged code. I am getting the following error... I have tried building the VBA sample called multipad and it also does not compile with the following error. ERROR: ----- c:\Program Files\VBA6SDK\Include\objext.h(331) : error C2011: 'IProfferService' : 'struct' type redefinition c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\ShObjIdl.h(4124) : see declaratio...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Using Datagrid with updates
Datagrid with 4 columns: Name, Company, Evaluator, Reviewer Name and company are not updatable. Evaluator and reviewer should be dropdowns for updating. I've got my grid populated and I've got the dropdowns populated for Evaluator and Reviewer options. However, I can't figure out how to bind the dropdown selected values to the values in the dataset for the grid. I let the wizard create the Edit and Item templates but that means my users will need to select, edit, and update (save) as many as two hundred records in teh grid. I was trying to configure the grid to do...

My follow up folder has disappeared after one use.
I'm using Outlook that came in the Office Pro 2003 package. I used the FOLLOW UP search folder in the "Favorites" window... to hold one message... 24 hours later I handled that matter... and took the message away to file in a place where I can find it... the folder also disappeared. Next I tried to replace the folder by creating a new one... now (next day) no follow-up folder. Help is complex -- takes too long (for me) more demos would be helpful. In news:99DC2D96-3646-4C23-9DA3-EED57E8F0CA4@microsoft.com, JEBCOINC <JEBCOINC@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

What are the advantages of a query using a derived table(s) over a query not using them?
I know how derived tables are used, but I still can=92t really see any real advantages of using them. For example, in the following article http://techahead.wordpress.com/2007/1= 0/01/sql-derived-tables/ the author tried to show benefits of a query using derived table over a query without one with an example, where we want to generate a report that shows off the total number of orders each customer placed in 1996, and we want this result set to include all customers, including those that didn=92t place any orders that year and those that have never placed any orders at all ( he=92s ...

Creating multiple sheets with a macro
I have run into an issue where i want to be able to create multiple "Resource Plans" sheet with a macro but to have them created as needed so to speak. I am trying to create a macro that can be used to see if a sheet called "Resource Plans" exists. The once it is verified then create an additional sheet called "Resource Plans-1". Also, I want to it to only add a planned sheet each time you run the macro but each time to go up one count numerically within the name of the sheet (i.e. Resource Plans-1, Resource Plans-2, etc.) I would like to be able to do this for...

Can I use the value of a field as predeterminate value of another.
I am making a table to know who is working in each surgery in a heath center. For each day, I have a field "owner" (of the surgery) and another "working" (the one that really works that day there). But the majority of the days, the "owner" is who works in his surgery, so I want to establish the value of "owner" as predeterminate value of "working" . Is it possible? Thank you Not directly in the tables. You could do this in a form by making the value of one text box the default value of another text box. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access M...

Convert Access97 to 2000

looking for an excel? template for ebay use...
any help for the best way to manage sales when dealing with lots of ebay listings. Thanks ...

Using position() in XmlDataQuery
In Excel 2003 Professional, is it possible to do the following using XmlDataQuery - ie: use the "position()" function in the XPath: CType(ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1), Excel.Worksheet).XmlDataQuery("/Doc/LineItem[position()=1]/Field") Where the XML in the map is: <Doc> <Stuff/> <MoreStuff/> <LineItem> <Field>FirstField</Field> </LineItem> <LineItem> <Field>SecondField</Field> </LineItem> </Doc> And have it return the cell for the "SecondField "? The XmlDataQuery...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Running Macros Across Worksheets
Greetings, My app contains 3 tabs, with a "superset" of rows on each. Depending upon the view selected in cell B2 in TAB 1, I want to display different sets of rows for each sheet. I have the logic that allows me to run a macro on each tab that shows the right rows. Now what I want to do is have a single marco that will set the rows on all three tabs at once. Here's what I have: Sub SHOWVIEWS() SmartRefresh2 ("Background") SmartRefresh2 ("IT Environ") SmartRefresh2 ("Adv Options") End Sub _______ Sub SmartRefresh2(WSHEET) .... Application.Scre...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

How do I use excel with simply accounting
I would like to make a daily cash sheet In excel where I can enter data which I can then import into Simply accounting as a general journal entry. Is this possible and if so how -- If you could help I'd be grateful Dar I haven't used Simply Accounting, so I don't know the exact answer. There's probably some Simply Accounting who can answer. Nevertheless, thought I would comment. Have you looked Simply Accounting's built-in Help and searched for info in importing data? If it can be done, the info should be in Help, and it would probably give detailed instructions o...

Convert