Convert Decimal to Percent Within Text String

Hello everybody,

I have a text string in Excel that contains percentage values taken
from different cells.  However, the text string reads the percentage
value and outputs it as a decimal:

Percent defects of 0.678276052493135, 0.674664937815204 and
0.57388331030011.

Here is the code:

="Percent defects of "&N2&", "&N3&" and "&N4&"." (Cells N2, N3 and N4
contain percentages)

I hope I'm not missing a very simple solution here.

Thanks!
Brian

0
bdharvey (11)
11/22/2006 4:54:29 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Brian,

="Percent defects of "&TEXT(N2,"0.00%")   etc

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Brian" <bdharvey@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164214469.607905.179520@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
| Hello everybody,
|
| I have a text string in Excel that contains percentage values taken
| from different cells.  However, the text string reads the percentage
| value and outputs it as a decimal:
|
| Percent defects of 0.678276052493135, 0.674664937815204 and
| 0.57388331030011.
|
| Here is the code:
|
| ="Percent defects of "&N2&", "&N3&" and "&N4&"." (Cells N2, N3 and N4
| contain percentages)
|
| I hope I'm not missing a very simple solution here.
|
| Thanks!
| Brian

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/22/2006 5:06:33 PM
Try this, Brian:

="Percent defects of "&TEXT(N2,"0.0%")&", "&TEXT(N3,"0.0%")&" and
"&TEXT(N4,"0.0%")&"."

Hope this helps.

Pete

Brian wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a text string in Excel that contains percentage values taken
> from different cells.  However, the text string reads the percentage
> value and outputs it as a decimal:
>
> Percent defects of 0.678276052493135, 0.674664937815204 and
> 0.57388331030011.
>
> Here is the code:
>
> ="Percent defects of "&N2&", "&N3&" and "&N4&"." (Cells N2, N3 and N4
> contain percentages)
>
> I hope I'm not missing a very simple solution here.
>
> Thanks!
> Brian

0
pashurst (2576)
11/22/2006 5:10:10 PM
="Percent defects of "&TEXT(N2,"0.0%")&", "&TEXT(N3,"0.0%")&" and
"&TEXT(N4,"0.0%")&"."

HTH

Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
www.excelguru.ca

Brian wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a text string in Excel that contains percentage values taken
> from different cells.  However, the text string reads the percentage
> value and outputs it as a decimal:
>
> Percent defects of 0.678276052493135, 0.674664937815204 and
> 0.57388331030011.
>
> Here is the code:
>
> ="Percent defects of "&N2&", "&N3&" and "&N4&"." (Cells N2, N3 and N4
> contain percentages)
>
> I hope I'm not missing a very simple solution here.
>
> Thanks!
> Brian

0
ken.puls (14)
11/22/2006 5:12:06 PM
Thank you to everybody who contributed to this excellent team effort!

Brian

Ken Puls wrote:
> ="Percent defects of "&TEXT(N2,"0.0%")&", "&TEXT(N3,"0.0%")&" and
> "&TEXT(N4,"0.0%")&"."
>
> HTH
>
> Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
> www.excelguru.ca
>
> Brian wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I have a text string in Excel that contains percentage values taken
> > from different cells.  However, the text string reads the percentage
> > value and outputs it as a decimal:
> >
> > Percent defects of 0.678276052493135, 0.674664937815204 and
> > 0.57388331030011.
> >
> > Here is the code:
> >
> > ="Percent defects of "&N2&", "&N3&" and "&N4&"." (Cells N2, N3 and N4
> > contain percentages)
> >
> > I hope I'm not missing a very simple solution here.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Brian

0
bdharvey (11)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

Change color of row (Col A thru Col Q) based on text value in Col J
I am using David McRitchie's code for changing color of entire row based on contents based on a specified cell text value: 'Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36'. This works fine; however, I only want to change color in the first 17 cells in each of the affected rows. How do I do this? Also, I am confused: do I want the stmt 'Application.EnableEvents = True' at the top of my coding in the 'Worksheet_Change' event coding (occupies the Sheet1 Module)? One way: Target.EntireRow.resize(1,17).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 JingleRock wrote: > > I...

Importing text from an Explorer window
Howdy all. OS: XP, Excel 2002 SP3 I have my music stored in the My Music directory. I have Artist, Album Title, etc. attributes turned on. What I'd like to do is to take all of this information and input it into an Excel spreadsheet. When I "Select All" from the window, and "Copy", it wants to copy the actual songs, and not the text. Also, the "Paste" option in Excel is grayed out anyway. Is there a way that I can treat the info in a Browser window as just text, and then copy that info into a spreadsheet? TIA. -- Don Cox Here is one I have used...

How to allcate an array of strings dynamically
Hi I am doing a project which is using ATL,COM and WTL(not using MFC).here I need to take an array of _bstr_t values.But I don't know the array size.it will be varying.I can not keep a specific size on this array.I don't know how to allocate an array dynamically.will anybody plz help me with sample code for how to do this.It will be a great help for me.I know this is a MFC group and I am not using MFC,I have already posted in in ATL group twice,but no answer.So I am frustrated now.Plz help me if u can.Thanks in advance Hi Rindam, I think it would be easier for you to store pointe...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Sharing Outlook Emails within Workgroup PCs
Hi, I have set up a workgroup with 3 PCs, of which two desktops run on Windows XP Home and one laptop runs on Windows XP Professional. Microsoft Office 2003 has been installed on all the three machines. My question is: How can I share emails among the PCs in these workgroup without the usage of a server? Is additional software needed for this purpose? If yes, what are the best ones with a balance between quality and costs? Any other suggestions for this purpose? Thanks in advance for your advices. Kenneth Wong wrote: > Hi, > > I have set up a workgroup with 3 PCs, of which t...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

lining up text
I have two columns of text on a page. When I insert a text box within the text box to highlight a quote, the text in the original text box no longer lines up comparing the left and right columns. I've tried all sorts of tweaks to the text box layout to change this but nothing works. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you. Does the text box have two columns or do you have two text boxes? If it is the former try a ctrl+shift+enter at the end of the first column, does this even it out? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...