control box list

Hi       I have a long list of hospitals, and would like to put a control in
that will fill in as you type to search.

I have tried list box, but can not see how to enter the list into the find
data.

thanks tim

0
adslk4at (77)
3/27/2006 9:07:39 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

sharing variables between dialog boxes
Hi all, I have a dialog based application where i want to share variables between 2 dialog boxes. More specifically, i have a dialog box with a menu option settings. On pressing that a new dialog box is invoked. This new dialog box has a edit box and save button. User will write into that edit box and press save button. When ever he presses save, the dialog box will close. Now i want the contents of the edit box into the main dialog box from where that dialog box was invoked. How should i go about that??? thanks kunal The class that wraps the 2nd dialog and displays the edit control ...

Create user Wizard / Login Control
Good Evening everyone, Just wondering if someone can help with my problem. I created an ASP website using VB ( all in VS 2008), I created a Create User page and added a Create User Wizard Control, and I also created a second page that has a Login Control, once logged in the user is redirected to a Members page. Eveything works fine on the computer I created this on and it works on every computer I have copied it to and worked on thru VS. I wanted to put on a webserver to view in actual production, I just copied the folder with solution and all other files onto a flash drive ...

Some text boxes on an embedded chart do not show up
Why is it that the last one or two text boxes on an embedded chart do not display when I click outside the chart area? I am using 16 text boxes on a chart instead of the legend as it makes it easier to read. I then select an area that includes the chart and copy it to Paint (see note 1), where I save it as a JPG as I want to load it onto the web. The Excel file and the JPG file can be found at the following links http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombardm/TBracegraph20080705.xls http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombardm/TBracegraph20080705.JPG Why is it that the last one or two tex...

Distribution lists ?
Hi ! I have about 60 distribution lists and now i'm planning to make document about those lists. Does anybody know a short way to do this ? It's quit hard to go separatelly through all lists and write it down users who belong to those lists. I have Win NT 4 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 sp3. -Mika V On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 03:08:26 -0700, "Mika V" <mika.valimaa@pcsuperstore.fi> wrote: >Hi ! > >I have about 60 distribution lists and now i'm >planning to make document about those lists. >Does anybody know a short way to do this ? >It's quit hard to ...

list box, combo box hyperlinks #3
Thanks, I will give it a try. I have to read up more on VB tutorials t get a better idea for coding -- P-C-Surgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- P-C-Surgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26473 ...

re: problem with combo box
I would like to make a little bit modified excel sheet (as in link below, DataValNameId.xls) but it would show on DataEntry datasheet after selecting product from combo box the value of selected ProductId (instead of Product) on column B and also put the value of the Product on the same row to Column C how could I do it ? > Hi > just make the source list larger or use a defined name which adapts > automatically if you add more products > see > http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany > > >&g...

calculating multiple fields in an unbound text box
I have a report based on a query that links 2 tables by the field "Type". Each tiype in the one table has a minimum price. The other table has the type and actual sales prices in four different fields of which only one is used in the calculations. I am calculating the difference between actual selling price and minimum price. the problem I am having is that although the minimum price is always desplayed for the type, the calculation does not work for the different fields. If the first field is null, then the next 3 fields should be checked. The other fields may or may not be ...

Tab Control query problem
I have a tab control on a form with two tabs. The first tab has drop downs for the month/year and other criteria. It also has a button to run a query based on all of the criteria displayed on the form. The second tab also has drop downs for the month/year and different criteria. It also has a button to run a query based on all of the criteria displayed on the form. My problem is that when I am on the second tab, it picks up the month/year field from the first tab in the query results. I does pick up all of the 'other criteria' from the second tab. How do I correct this? ...

Small Name Box
Hi, The name box in MS Excel is rather small and narrow. Is there a way to expand it ? -- Regards, Adrian Hi Adrian check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm Cheers JulieD "Adrian" <xinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OdxnpssdEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > The name box in MS Excel is rather small and narrow. Is there a way to > expand it ? > -- > Regards, > Adrian > > ...

No Archive appearing in folder list
I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't appear in the folder list. Is there a way of viewing it in the folder list? Using Office 2000 and XP Home. Open the archive PST using a command on the File menu. I forget the exact path since I'm using OL2003 now. In OL2003 it's File menu > Open > Outlook Data file. It may be similiar in OL2000 "Trevor" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message news:5a47d$436499b5$50e5af86$15725@nf5.news-service.com... >I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't app...

Remove drop-down list in Excel
We accidentally ended up with a drop-down list on one of the cells of our Excel worksheet and we can't figure out how to make it go away... Please help. We are using MS Office 2002 Thank you Select the cell, do data>validation>clear all, click OK -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cdeldegan" <cdeldegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87E04310-8135-4B5E-858D-18B87AF2DE12@microsoft.com... > We accidentally ended up with a drop-down list on one of the cells of our > Excel worksheet and we can't figure out how to make it go away... Please help. ...

Setting a limit to the number of characters on an Edit box..
How do you set a character limit on an edit box? Use CEdit::SetLimitText: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c4db48kc.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157049125.043635.81750@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > How do you set a character limit on an edit box? > You can do this using SetLimitText() in CEdit. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75bh1f1t.aspx Tom <kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157049125.043635.81750@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > How do you set a characte...

3 linked combo boxes in a form Options
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the option you suggested did not produce the desired result. Perhaps if I explain further what I am trying to do, you can offer some alternatives. Shopcbo based on Shopqry based on Shoptbl. Columns in the table are ShopName and ShopID. The shop same is self explanatory. The shop ID is a field a created to match up with a field in the equipment table. Areacbo based on Areaqry based on Areatbl. Columns in the table are AreaName, AreaLink and ShopName. The area link is a field created to identify each area that a piece of equipment belongs to...

Thank you for Payee List problem solved
So simple but how to know such a thing that a leap year would mess with a drop down list. I guess it has to do with the fact that money only lists payees that you have used in the last 2 years and since this day hasn't occured for 4 years the program is functioning properly, just a bit frustrating though. ...

Enumerate Controls on a Form
I would like code that would enumerate all controls on a form returning their names and types. Thank you. You should be able to figure it out from the code at: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/FixNames2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "tcb" <tbenson@mn.rr.com> wrote in message news:1194476215.293996.56820@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I would like code that would enumerate all controls on a form > returning their names and types. > > Thank you. > Try the TOOLS - Analyze - Doc...

READ AWAY
All, As a number of folks are undoubtedly wondering "is XYZ problem happening to anyone else".. I've endeavored to document those I've been able to REPRODUCE... 1. Can't backup while online "updates" are in progress - produces error message indicating write failure or backup cancelled. Should indicate that backup cant be done while online update in progress 2. Can't send payments from the register while online updates are in progress - produces error message and queues for later sending. However, error message doesn't indicate why send failed ...

XML Desialization of array list
Here's a simple example (VB.NET): Option Strict What would the code look like to deserialize this example? Imports System Imports System.Collections Imports System.IO Imports System.Xml.Serialization Public Class App1 Shared Sub Main() Dim list As ArrayList = New ArrayList() Dim out As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter("array.xml") Dim ser As XmlSerializer = New XMLSerializer(list.GetType()) list.Add("a") list.Add("2") list.Add("three") ser.Serialize(out, list) End Sub End Class Peter,...

custom lists
Where is the option in 2007 for making custom lists for filling?? AFD Hi, Choose Data tab, Validation in the Data Tools group. Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$NoYnRFJHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Where is the option in 2007 for making custom lists for filling?? > > AFD > If I understand the OP correct ? Office Button>Excel Options Popular Click on Edit custom lists -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Shane Devenshire" <shanedevenshire@sbc...

Sorting contact list
When selecting email addresses (when clicking on the To: or Cc: buttons) a "Select" dialog box appears with a list of my contacts. Although my Contact listing shows names sorted by surname, this select dialog box sorts by first name. Very annoying especially because I cannot find the setting to correct this. I've tried attaching a .jpg of the dialog box for all to see but I don't thing this newsgroup allows attachments. Forgive me if the duplicate appears. Any ideas? This is among the most frequently asked questions in this group. No need to post any binaries....

Need formula to calculate List Price.
Need help with an excel formula to figure out the list price. I was given the discount (%) and my net price but I want to figure out what was the origin list price before the discount was applied. I have following cells which have the data I need to look at to get final cost. A10 - Contains the net price (my price) B10 - Contains my discount (%) C10 - Where I want the list price to appear (price before discount was applied) I need a formula that will calculate what amount my discount was based on (list price). One way: =A10/(1-B10) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------...

list of figures looses some of its figures once tables are inserte
word 2007 First, this is not an issue with assigning a caption from a picture and the caption isn't in a text box. In fact, I've scoured the internet and found no known issues like what I'm about to describe. My document has 16 figures and 12 tables. I created a list of figures and a list of tables and found that both go missing randomly when any changes are made trying to get them to reappear. E.g., if I'm missing only fig 13, and I test a change, several figures then go missing. Or if I have all figures and begin to insert tables, the list of figures looses ...

correct total column in filtered list
Dear friends, I have a list(table in 2007) as bellow Serial ItemCode Import Export Remain 1 10 20 20 2 20 10 10 3 10 30 40 4 30 10 50 5 20 20 30 note how last column (remain) is calculated (remain=up remain+import-expor) if i filter (itemcode) for 10 the remain column value not calculated on new condition (correct ...

List of records >10 days old
Hi Everyone, I am using Access 2003. I want a list of patients who are active and have been on therapy >10 days as well as a field that shows how many days they have been on therapy. I have a tblPatients and a tblTherapy with the fields I need. I created a query joining these 2 tables and only showing active patients with LastName, FirstName, AdmNum and their ThpyStDtTm. The active field is Y/N in my tblPatients. Once I get only the records >10 days old, I need another field that gives me the total days the patient has been here. Thanks, Linda On Mon, 1...

Run code when text box content deleted
I am trying in vain to have the following run when the value of a text box becomes "" If txtDateReady = "" Then Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = False End If I have tried in 'txtDateReady_LostFocus' and 'txtDateReady_Change' but nothing happens. Help appreciated. Sandy Sandy wrote: > I am trying in vain to have the following run when the value of a > text box becomes "" > > If txtDateReady = "" Then > Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False > Me.txtWhy...

XP Pro Update Cutoff; I need a full list
My computer is a Dell Dimension 4550 Desktop running Microsoft Windows XP Pro (Build 2600); version 2002 with Service Pack 3. It has an Intel Pentium 4 x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4: CPU 2.40 GHz; 2.39 GHz with 2.0 GB of RAM. The Display adapter is a 64MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with TV Out, and I am using Internet Explorer 8. My Printer is a 2009 Dell V505. Bus Clock: 533 megahertz. BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A08 9/23/2003. C: Drive Size is 76,285 MB with 78% Free Space. H: (My Book) Size is 465 GB with 89% Free Space. I have Microsoft Office XP Small Busines...