control box list

Hi       I have a long list of hospitals, and would like to put a control in
that will fill in as you type to search.

I have tried list box, but can not see how to enter the list into the find
data.

thanks tim

0
adslk4at (77)
3/27/2006 9:07:39 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

create drop down for address list
I want to create an invoice with a drop down list for the "Bill To" section. Any help would be apreciated Much help, Marlis. Try this: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/order_form_or_invoice_form_in_microsoft_excel.htm And in particular, there's a link (on that same page) to a complete invoicing system you might like even better. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3792457B-D0CD-4329-BB69-ED89A49C0C45@microsoft.com... > I want to create an invoice with a drop down li...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

Sum of Services Provided Check Box
I have a check box on table: FLW You are to check as many services as was provided with this client on this contact. List of services: Outgoing Call Crisis Counseling in Person Therapy in Person Group Treatment Criminal Justice Support Assistance Filing Compensation Personal Advocacy SANE Follow-Up Financial Assistance Written Info Provided Legal Advocacy Other Follow-Up I have a query for date range. Then a report to print from the query per contact. My report for Services Provided gives me a 12 digit result. If an item is not checked it is represented by "0", if it is che...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Can Outlook put outgoing messages in my server's Out Box?
I set up Outlook for my Internet mail account & got it to leave copies of messages in the IN box on my Web Mail. What I would really like is if Outlook, in addition to maintaining it's own Sent Mail folder, could put the outgoing message in the Sent Mail box on my Web Mail. Can that be done? Thanx, -plh -- Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET?? "plh" <plh_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:h7r5jr05c9@drn.newsguy.com... > I set up Outlook for my Internet mail account & got it to leave copies of > messages in the IN box on my Web Mai...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"
I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program declares an error and closes itself. The error message it transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0002f2a5" Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of accounts) does not have this problem. I have tried remove and reinstalling the progr...

Associate an activity to each record of a marketing list
Hi all, If Im not wrong, when distibuting a campaign activity, that activity is assigned to people (record owers or myself). However, I would like the activity to be displayed in the activities of each record of the marketing list. How to do that? Thank you! ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Exchange 2003 mail boxes
hi all, am encountering the following problem: In outlook (any version) when I open the address book and select any name then the properties then under "general" press "contacts" (or "personal address book" in the previous versions") and then select "activities" tab, it displays the e-mails of that name. I do not know how it is happening but it is there. Please help. Regards. Sounds like you have the Journalling feature of Outlook enabled. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nazih Da...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Numbered List
New user of Outlook 2007 and recently created an email that had a numbered list that was quite long. It went to 17 items, and was left aligned. Is there anyway to change that to right aligned, short of using Word as the email editor. Thanks Carl well, you are using word as the editor in 2007.... Did you try selecting one of the items (or all) then clicking the little down arrow on the number list button and making a new numbered format? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2...

Device Manager Get list all the hardware devices installed in a computer?
Dear All, Windows XP Pro SP2 Outlook Express 6.X Access 2002 Pro / Access 2003 Pro I want to get a list of all the hardware devices installed in a computer (Start-Settings-Control Panel-System-Hardware Tab - Device Manager) Devices by type, by connection, resources by type, resources by connection and the hidden devices Also of each device get: The Driver Provider The Driver Date The Driver Version The digital Signature And the Driver File Details (Its paths) Is there any API? Is this possible? Now if there is an app. that I can download freeware/payware that exports all this information...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Synchronize combo boxes
I am trying to sync to combo boxes on a form. It is for plant names which consist of Genus + Species + Subspecies, basically. I have all my data in a single table and I want only applicable species to show up for a particular Genus, for example: Abies concolor Abies glauca Abies alba Quercus alba Quercus macrocarpa Any genus can have many species, some of those species names can exist within multiple Genus names, I have made to seperate tables with just Genus and just Species names, I want them to link in the combo boxes, any ideas? Previously responded to... Regards ...

lost columns and in box
i have lost the suject and from coliumns - how do i getthem back plus all the mails in my inbox hsave disappeared wherte mihgjt they be hiding? thank peter Go to View | Current View and make sure it's set to Messages. The Messages view should have a Subject column and a From column, and it should not be "filtered" so all messages in the folder should appear when that view is selected. If they do not, or you are still missing the columns, go to View | Current View | Define Views, select the Messages view in the list, and click Reset. Then click the Apply View button and th...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

using a check box to display text from a list
Excel 2003 I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Roger W wrote: > Excel 2003 > I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a > list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no > success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Hi Roger, Try to post the code you used, so we can suggest how to modify... -- Thanks in advance for your feedback. Ciao Franz Verga from Italy ...

Combo box and reports
I would like to use a combo box to show only the reports you want end users to view? Any suggestions? Create a table with the list of report names. Source of combo box is table. Damon "cwhitmore" <u32661@uwe> wrote in message news:6f84eca142199@uwe... >I would like to use a combo box to show only the reports you > want end users to view? Any suggestions? > On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:18:42 GMT, cwhitmore wrote: > I would like to use a combo box to show only the reports you > want end users to view? Any suggestions? Create a table ... "tblReports" ...

Can I list my workbook sheets?
I have an excell workbook in which there is a pricelist sheet for ingredients and a (soon to be) large number of recipe sheets. Is it possible for me to devise a list of recipe sheets from which I can choose the recipe I wish to work on? Also, can I have the user use a form for data entry, not the general one on the Data menu? Thank you for your help. Jenny ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi for the second question see: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm -- Regards ...