Consolidating & Labels - "Create Links to Source Data"

When consolidating a bunch of data and checking "Create Links to Sourc
Data," everything works fine but it includes a + or minus icon on th
left to click on to see all of the values summed (added rows).

Now, my question is: Is it possible to have labels on the left of al
of these 40 values or so being summed (only seen when consolidated cel
is expanded) and have those labels appear directly to the left of thes
values from the source files? This would then make it easy to create
pivotTable. Thank you

--
rhelle
rheller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2408

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

text boxes that label axes in line/scatter graphs
I tried to use "SAT-M" as y-axis label, but "M" was cut off (actually went to second line that could not be seen). I tried every trick I know to lengthen the text box, to fit label on one line. Hi, The only way to length chart textboxes is with more text. But at some point more text will cause the content to wrap. The charts textboxes do not have the ability to be sized manually even though the bounding box and grab handles would suggest otherwise. Try adding a few spaces or even non-breaking spaces ALT+0160 (Numpad) Cheers Andy Peg wrote: > I tried to use &qu...

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

Consolidating Personal Folders
I have somehow opened up 4 personal folders. How do I consolidate all of them into one personal folder and merge all the information. Next, how do I delete the other personal folders? I've read through a couple of books but I can't find the information. Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks MikeSellers Move the contents of the folders to the folder that you want to keep. You can disconnect from the other pst-files by rightclicking the root folder and choose Close. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook I...

consolidate queries
I have many too many queries, which I use to gather data for a report. I hope someone can suggest how to consolidate them. For example, 8 of my queries are of the exact same form, except the value of one field is one of 8 possibilities. Here is the SQL for the qCUS query: SELECT q1Main.DReferred, q1Main.CaseType FROM q1Main WHERE (((q1Main.DReferred)>=[Forms]![fgetStats]![tbxBegDate] And (q1Main.DReferred)<=[Forms]![fgetStats]![tbxEndDate]) AND ((q1Main.CaseType)="CUS")); The only difference between the 8 queries is that in the qCUS query, CaseType = "...

How to bind a label to a dataset with C#
I have a project class. The method GetRecordCover returns a dataset: public DataTable GetRecordCover(string id) { string str = “SELECT * FROM RecordCover WHERE=’” + “id” + “’”; SqlConnection cn = new SqlConnection(_connectionString); SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(sql, cn); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); da.Fill(ds, “RecordCover”); // Get data table DataTable dt = ds.Tables[“RecordCover”]; Return ds.Tables[0]; //ds.Tables[0].Rows[0][0]; //ds.Tables[0].Rows[0][1]; //ds.Tables[0].Rows[0][2]; } In the web form's code behind I want: RecordCover...

Consolidation Worksheet Data Sequence
I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data consolidation. The worksheets have a product number in column A and sales figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar. The worksheets are in product number sequence. Not all product numbers appear on each sheet, so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column" and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and their ...

Christmas labels from Entourage group
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Every Christmas I spend hours trying to print labels from the Christmas group in my Entourage address book. I do not want to merge the entire Entourage address book to the labels. Just the Christmas group of 100 names and addresses. Currently I get only a choice of all 683 or nothing. <br> Where do I indicate just the Christmas Group? Am going to resort to handwriting the addresses if I don't get help. Thanks. How did you go about creating the labels? Did you use the Mail Merge Ma...

Excel Mailing Labels
I have been given a disc created in Excel to print mailing labels for a school. The names and info are listed seperately in each column from A - J and there are around 500 different rows. I can not figure out how to convert them to a mailing label such as Avery. I know that it can be done because the first set was printed for me. Please help! Thank you in advance. Roxanna, Excel doesn't have any facility for changing the layout of data automatically, as would be needed for mailing labels. Word and Access do, and either can use the data in your Excel sheet, if it's properly ...

Data Consolidation
Biff: Thanks so much for your input on the automation. After a small bit of tweaking, your formula worked like a charm. Now that I have the correlation multi-year table comparison automated, I would like to consolidate each commodities multi-year correlation into an overall correlation set. What I have now is five sets of correlation rows/commodity (representing the five historical data sets) which look like the following: Australian Dollar (AD) Correlations ============================== 1yr: C S PN SI SM 5yr: BO BP CD DX EU GC S SF SM 10yr: DX EU GC MP SF SI W 15yr: DX TU SP MP 20yr: CC G...

Set Userform label text if form is not loaded???
My userform contains various text label controls which display the contents of a row of cells. I achieve this with the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change (ByVal Target As Range) UserForm1.Label1.Caption = Sheet1.Range("A1").Value UserForm1.Label2.Caption = Sheet1.Range("B1").Value UserForm1.Label3.Caption = Sheet1.Range("C1").Value ' .... ' etc, etc... End Sub I was wondering, is it wise to run the above code even when my userform is not loaded??? The code above seems to work fine even when my form is NOT loaded, b...

FRx Consolidations #2
I am trying to consolidate two companies with a different account structure. The column format has an account filter and the condolidation is not working. Company One: ##### Company Two: #####-## Column Accout Filter: ????? Note: The first five places of the account in both companies is the same, Company Two has additional departments. When I try to run the consolidation, I can only get one company to tree up, the one whose account structure matches the column account filter. What do I need to do to make the consolidation work? ...

customer vendor consolidation #3
I would like to be able to transfer mulitple documents between payables and receivalbles all at once and have the option of having the documents transfer individually or as one lump sum. Currently if mulitple documents are transfered at the same time, a lump sum is transerferred instead of individiuals documents, which mean one credit memo is created instead of one per document being transferred. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Bubble Chart Labels
I am using the "Series Name" as the data label for bubbles in my bubble chart. I want to add a second data label for each bubble, but I don't see an option for a second data label in excel. Do you know a work around? You might try Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler http://www.appspro.com/ "Aggie SB" <Aggie SB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E881ABC0-5D70-437F-BF27-D6DBE67EEAD8@microsoft.com... > I am using the "Series Name" as the data label for bubbles in my bubble > chart. I want to add a second data label for each bubble, ...

consolidating
I have a situation where a credit card statement comes in and we have to assign each line item a particular GL code. On one statement this GL code may be used numerous times. The same GL code may also have credits as well as debits. The person writes on the statement what each line item will have for a GL code. From here we want to enter line by line each item in the statement on a sheet in Excel. When this data entry step is done we would like to have Excel do the consolidation to another sheet so it then does the calculation which should match the bottom line of the statement. (pant, pant,...

Chart Labels
I have two charts that operate from an 'index formula' on another shee tab. I would like the chart label to reflect some of the data but i have tw problems. When i goto the that chart title and go =g24 Excel closes down an sends of message to Microsoft Etc etc When i make a text box and code it to return the values that i want an paste it into the chart it changes to a picture object and wont chang values when the index formula changes. What am i doing wrong? Any help is appreciated :confused: :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you try this against ...

Label printing from HQ
In my HQ, there is an icon for label wizard but the link is dead. Is there a way to print labels from HQ? ...

visible label based on text value
I am using a database on a LAN and I have the following in the on format event Me.ContactList.Visible = Not IsNull(Me.ContactList) However when one user opens the data base the label is hidden if the condition is true but if another user on the LAN subsequently accesses the data base all the labels are displayed any suggestions -- thanks as always for the help jer jer wrote: >I am using a database on a LAN and I have the following in the on format event >Me.ContactList.Visible = Not IsNull(Me.ContactList) >However when one user opens the data base the label is ...

What is the best online consolidator
What is the best online consolidator to produce a single page view of numerous bank and brokerage accounts. I understand that each will remain seperate. On Jun 19, 4:09=A0pm, "WOppenhe" <woppe...@ucla.edu> wrote: > What is the best online consolidator to produce a single page view of > numerous bank and brokerage accounts. =A0I understand that each will rema= in > seperate. I've played with Yodlee for a few years - it keeps getting better and better ...

Single Label
Using Windows and Office 2007 I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a specific row and column. When I type that information in the address box, how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and a specific style and size? The only way to do that seems to be to select new document and view the gridlines so that I can find the specific row and column. Then I can type the text and format it. Is there any way to format the label text from the single label option?? After typing the address information, select it all and then right-click. ...

Excel 2003 and Labels (NOT Address Labels)
Okay, this is insanse. Have a spreadsheet where I input data into one cell, a calculation based on that data is run via vb macro, and then a single column of data with 80 rows is generated. CellA1 CellA2 .... CellA80 I need two things: One: I need all 80 results printed onto Avery 5267 format sheets of Labels. I will need four copies of each label, and I need the sheet to print EXACTLY like this (not allowed to vary on this): CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 etc ... Two: I would like to NOT use Word. I've tried formatting the cel...

Trouble printing labels with a Barcode Blaster...
Hi, We recently upgraded to RMS 1.3 from Quicksell 2000. We got new registers but kept our old accessories (cash drawers, scanners, receipt printers, etc). The change over went relatively smoothly, but we are still having trouble printing labels. We have a Cognitive Blaster Advantage and we are using the Windows XP generic printer driver. Our problem is that whenever we print more than say 10 labels, we start to get errors. Sometimes the printer skips a label. Sometimes it leaves off the barcode or prints the price incorrectly. We receive orders where we need to print hundreds of label...

rotate a label?
Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ? I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate some labels on the report. Thanks for any suggestions. Hi, open report in design view and for desired label set it vertical property to Yes -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169635DD-EAFF-4151-AE42-40F062A58987@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ? > I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate som...

File consolidation
I have two excel files with workbooks laid out identically. Th wookbooks list all employess in column A and then all days of the year Employees access the file and highlight a day in yellow if they want i off. Unfortunatly two files were set up for the same purpose. I onl want one but employess have been using both. I want to consolidat these files. I basically want to import all the highlights from one t the other. I imagine a macro is in order -- Jon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Duplicate Axis Labels
I need to show the same axis labels on the left handside and the right hand side of the xy chart. I can add a secondary axis but them it messes up the trendlines and the both axis labels. Is there a way to have the same labels on both sides of the chart without messing up the trendlines? biscuitsmom: You can get left side axis labels by adding a custom axis, as discussed in thus tutorial: http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_custom_axis.htm To make your custom right axis, add a new data series with X values equal to the maximum value you want on the X axis. The Y values are the label...

Print multiple mailing labels in Access 2003 or 2007
From: "Patrick Sewell" <ptsewell@monte.k12.co.us> Subject: Print multiple mailing labels in Access 2003 or 2007 Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:45 PM I have come across the following KB from Microsoft that has helped me to print a fixed number of copies of the labels that I wish to print. This works pretty well. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299024 However, I would like to include a field in my table for the number of copies I want of each label. For example, if each record in my table contains the information for a given label, one field in that record should cont...