Conditional Sum Wizard

Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard
for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change
a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell,
the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and
afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore.

Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to
use of CSE.

Pete

On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders
<MarcoKoend...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wiza=
rd
> for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or ch=
ange
> a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another ce=
ll,
> the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and
> afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymor=
e.

> Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks.

0
pashurst (2576)

Help Me to Conditions!
:confused: Hi there! File attached. How can I set my Condition Formating at *Column C* (Item Name) to be able to show indication (boxed RED) if one or more required infos (F & G) is missing? As *Column E* (Shipped Date) will be the trigger factor for these required infos. *For exmple1:* Row 4, Orange is boxed RED becuase the shipped date was entered, but QTY is missing. *For exmple2:* Row 6, Durian is not boxed RED becuase there is no shipment yet. Thanks!! davidiew +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 123xx.doc ...

sum multiple columns with SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT
I'm running Excel 2003 and am having trouble with what I thought should be a relatively simple formula. Given a matching criteria in column A, I'd like to sum columns B:D. I've taken a stab at it with the following formulas, but they all return "#Value" 1st try =SUMIF(A1:A3="x","B1:D3) 2nd try =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A3="x"),B1:D3) 3rd try =SUMPRODUT((A1:A3="x")*(B1:B3+C1:C3+D1:D3)) Any advice??? Hi, I'm not sure i fully understand the question but how about this =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="x")*(B1:B10+C1:C10)) ...

Exchange Migration Wizard #2
I think the answer is yes and yes, but just want to clarify. Can I use the Exchange Migration Wizard to move mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server in one domain, Exchange Org to an Exchange 2003 server in a separate domain, Exchange Org? When I run it, it will create an appropriate AD account and move the mailbox? ...

Access Label Report Wizard
Problem I have created a report to print address labels. I am using a custom label. The label wizard worked fine and I have a report that prints the labels fine. During the creation of the Label report I got a message warning that there was not enough horizontal room and some data is not in the printable area. I ignored this error and copleted the wizard. When I run the Label report now, I get this same warning regarding outside the print area. Clicking help, suggests ignoring the message is generally fine....which in my case is true as the labels print fine. Question 1 Is there a way fo...

Conditional formatting help #6
Hello, I'm starting to bang my head against my desk with this one! I have 2 columns of data: column A has 3500 rows; column C has 1800 rows. In column B I did a vlookup so I know which cells in column A are in column C. The cells that aren't in column C display #N/A in column B. I then copied column B and pasted special as value so there are no formulas in column B. This part is working as expected. My problem is: now I want to conditional format column B so that all occurrences of #N/A will be red shaded. For the life of me I can't get this to work. Can someone please t...

Conditional Formatting more than 3?
Excel 2000 ... Conditional formatting ... an abosolutely wonderful feature, but why limited to 3 conditions? Is there a way around this? I have a Tab Sheet containing 16 monthly Calendars (dates set by formula) ... These Calendars contain a target date based on date entered into another cell ... Within the Calendar I use Conditional Formatting to high-lite: All dates ... (Format White) ... (Condition 1) Target date ... (Format Yellow) ... (Condition 2) Above said ... I have various +/- tollerance windows around each target date (+/- window is ... 5, 14, 27, & 55 days) ... I have ...

Conditional Formatting Problem
My intent is to apply conditional formatting to a text box when a control in the same detail is blank. The text box (named text13), has a control source =1 and a running sum Over All. The text boxes to the right are both named Name and Type and have control sources of [Name] and [Type] respectively. All data comes from the same query and all text boxes are in the detail section of the same report named rptJuneTest. For example, the report, when there are no null values may look like this (I formatted the text boxes light gray, so the report shows rows of gray): 1 John Smith Pro...

Wizard not available
When I try to open a new wizard template I receive an error. The error is "Publisher cannot find a wizard needed for this publication.This publication may have been created in a differt version of Publisher" This is the same version. None of the templates will open Thanks. Did you do a custom install? What version Publisher? Have you tried detect & repair found under help? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19adf01c41cd...

Conditionally format points based on a third column
I would like the color of my data points to vary based not on their x or y value, but rather on a third column running alongside them. How can I do it? Assuming your third column is column "C" and that you would want to change the colors of the XY points based on the names Jim, Frank, or Kim, a VBA option could look like this (does not include any error handling): Sub ChangeXYColors() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim Rng As Range Cnt = 1 For Each Rng In Range("C2:C10") ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart1").Activate ActiveChart.Seri...

conditional formating
Hi, Is it possible to automaticaly hide rows if all values(lets say B10:Z10) in that row are 0? Michael Sub hiderowifallzeros() For Each c In Range("a5:a15") If Application.CountIf(Range("b10:z10"), 0) > 0 _ Then c.EntireRow.hidden=true Next End Sub This will hide rows from 5-10 if col A is blank Sub hizezerorows() For Each c In Range("a5:a15") If Application.IsNumber(c) And c = 0 Then c.EntireRow.Hidden = True Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Michael" <m.vink@nestas.nl> wrote in message news:eyPN1NbuDHA.2...

Excel 2003
I have created a list called 'FullName' which will be added to with a macro. When using this list in a cell using Conditional formatting is it possible to have the dropdown list sorted in alpha order without having to put the original list through a manual sort or macro sort beforehand? Any advice would be appreciated Thanks BJ ...

Date conditioning format problem
I am using excel 2000. with my cursor in A1, I select cell A1 to A20 which is already in date format, and do a conditioning format(highlight) using IsFormula: =$A$1=TODAY() Unfortunately, all the cells from A1 to A20 are highlighted!!!!!! no matter the dates is today or otherwise!!!!!!!! In fact all the cells are having the same conditioning format which is =$A$1=TODAY(). How to make it suvch that cell AX is having =$A$X=TODAY()conditioning format??? Hi Take the Absolute off the row Reference =$A1=TODAY() Regards Roger Govier pfnus@hotmail.com wrote: > I am using excel 2000. >...

Summing values in database according to multiple criteria
Dear All I have a spreadsheet; A B D E Dept Account Staff Amount 1 AA 1002 Peter 10 2 BB 1002 John 20 3 AA 1002 Peter 30 4 CC 1002 Paul 40 I want to sum the content column E by Dept (A), Account Number (B), and Staff (D). How can I do this by formula? As opposed to pivot tables. Many thanks Peter Take a look at the SUMPRODUCT function. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07BDA04E-6B9D-476C-AA59-4AB...

Publisher wizards
When I start publisher 2000, the microsoft publisher catalog opens and informs me that the wizard files were not installed and to run setup agian to install. The problem is that when I try to run setup, it does not work. If I try re-adding the media content, it goes through the motions and says it's complete. I start publisher and I get the same issue. If I try to repair the install, it keeps asking for Disk 2. I have multiple disk 2's from various purchased of the program and it continues to look for Disk 2. Any clues guys? OFF2000: Error Message: The Feature You Ar...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Conditional Formatting #16
I have a rather large worksheet that will have hundreds of cells with conditional formatting. Most of them are the same (only the cells and value ranges change). Here is an example of a conditional format I need: If the value of B4 is between 96 and 96.04 then B44 is filled yellow. > If the value of B4 is between 96 and 96.04 Assuming you mean >=96 and <=96.04... Select cell B44 Goto the menu Format>Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =AND(B4>=96,B4<=96.04) Click the Format button Select the Patterns tab Select the desired color OK out -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP &...

Missing Import/Export Wizard
It just isn't there! There is no Import/Export option listed under file menu in my outlook 2003. I have searched everyplace I can think to remedy the situation and I've found no solutions. I need to import some information into my contacts, but without an import feature, I cannot do it. Can anyone help? Thanks, Sarah Rerun Office Setup and do a full installation of Outlook and Office Tools (run all from my computer). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent...

Conditional Format Q
I wish to create a conditional format formula that will change the background colour in a cell to Blue, if the value of another cell is between to values (which are also detailed) Cell I want to change is D8 on Sheet1 The dependent cell of D8 is in A8 on Sheet1 The two values which A8 must be between/or equal to is in F7 & H7 on Sheet2 I just can't get my head around how to construct this Thanks Select cell D8. Format/ Conditional Formatting/ Formula Is/ =AND(A8>=Sheet2!F7,A8<=Sheet2!H7) if F7 is less than or equal to H7 or Format/ Conditional Formatting/ For...

conditional formula question
I have a spreadsheet which shows, in column A, several phsical location of a variety of insect traps. In other words, I have replicates o several trap types arranged by field location. In column B I have th corresponding number of each trap type at each location. Is there a wa to construct a formula which will return the sum of all of trap type 'x from all locations. Here is an excerpt from the worksheet: Hanley CM Study Traps Biolure 1x 1 L2 (9008) 1 Biolure 10x 1 Megalure 1 DA (8693) 2 Combo (9010) 2 DA20 (8997) 2 Da20/CM3 (9228) 2 Val...

GroupByX Sum CounfOfX but show only the ones more than a given val
Hi Everyone, I want to be prompt to give a value for the Sum of CounOfX. For example query should ask me to give a value and show me only the group sums equal or more than that given value. I hope i could explain it. SELECT qry_d2.Kunde, Sum(qry_d2.CountOfKunde) AS SummevonCountOfKunde FROM qry_d2 GROUP BY qry_d2.Kunde, Format$(qry_d2.Erfassungsdatum,' yyyy'), qry_d2.CountOfKunde, qry_d2.KundenNr HAVING (((qry_d2.Kunde)=IIf([Kunde] Is Not Null,[Kunde],"leer")) AND ((qry_d2.KundenNr)=IIf([KundenNr] Is Not Null,[KundenNr],"leer"))); Thanks you all very much in ...

VBA code to paste data based on condition
I'm new to VBA programming and would appreciate some help with a macro. There is a database table that can be refreshed throughout the month that simply overrides the cell value from the same refresh. So the values update every time you refresh in the same cell until the next month begins (Date + Year are the column headings). What I need to do is break each month down into weeks like this (1-7 = Week 1, and so on where Week 5 is any day after the 28th of the month). I need a macro where the morning a new week starts (Day 8), I can copy/paste values the entire column in...

AUTO SUM function returns 0.00 and formula displays =SUM()
After selecting a range of cells to sum, when I select the AUTO SUM function it returns "=SUM()" in the last cell selected. UpTheCreek wrote: > After selecting a range of cells to sum, when I select the AUTO SUM function > it returns "=SUM()" in the last cell selected. Are the "numbers" actually numbers or are they formatted as text? gls858 ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

Conditional Format based on Month of Date in Cell
I have a cell that I typed in 1/1/2010 and I want to conditional format it based on what month it is. Say format blue text if it's 1/1/2010 and green text if 2/1/2010. I did a test with formula =IF(MONTH(A1)=1,"yep","nope") and it returns "yep" So I tried to use the following in the conditional formatting window based on formula: MONTH(A1)=1 which does nothing. The formula =MONTH(A1) returns a value of 1 so I don't see what the problem is. Hi Using formulas in conditional formatting, the equtation must always start with an equ...

Using multiple conditions in formula like countif(), sumif()
Hi. To some formulas like countif(); sumif(), we can type 1 condition to sort the relevant data into use. How about if I wish to use more than 1 condition? Eg: A------12 B------9 C------18 i-------30 ii-------45 iii------32 I would like to set the following conditions when using formulas like countif() & sumif(): - select the right rows (eg containing A/B/C or i/ii/iii) & - select the right range of numbers (eg: --- 10-20 [inclusive] for values in A/B/C; --- 35-45[inclusive] for values in i/ii/iii) How to do? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using W...