Conditional Sum Wizard

Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard
for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change
a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell,
the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and
afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore.

Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to
use of CSE.

Pete

On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders
<MarcoKoend...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wiza=
rd
> for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or ch=
ange
> a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another ce=
ll,
> the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and
> afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymor=
e.

> Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks.

0
pashurst (2576)

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Data Migration wizard
When this tool works it is very useful but it is a very unstable and flaky product to install. Im at a client site and I have just installed it using the local sql express but when I try to start a migration I get " Data could not be retrieved from the database Try agian later" . Which data base is being referred to here? Is it the migration database on the local sql or the CRM database on the sql server that CRM uses? I can access both databases using the the sql managemnt studio. I am running rollup 7 on PC and the CRM server. Any help appreciated - Joe Are you a Syst...

Query condition by date range

email rule deployment wizard error
I am testing a CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 upgrade and I have run into an issue at the point of setting up the email router rules. I have followed the upgrade instructions by first installing the old CRM 3.0 email router and then installed the new CRM 4.0 email router. I ran the setup using the updates patch Exchange_i386.msp and then followed up with the rollup 12 update to the email router. I have configured the environment such that all users continue to use the forward mailbox for the incoming email, basically the same way as it was configured back with CRM 3.0. I also ran the router con...

Rules Wizard will no open
Whether I click Tools/Rules Wizard, or click organize/Rules Wizard, nothing happens. It's as if the Rules Wizard doesn't exist. This is Outlook XP under Win2000 Pro. With all latest updates. Thanks for any help, David ...

Conditional Field in Queries

A dialog in the rule wizard?
I share Outlook 2002 with another person. We want to make it simple so I have directed our email to different folders based on our accounts. The problem is when we send email. It is very easy to forget to set the right email-adress as the sender. I wonder if it is possible to do this in the rule wizard? There is a rule "utf�r egen �tg�rd" in Swedish. This may be "do an own measure" if I translate it to English. But the list to choose from is empty. Maybe the only way to realize this is in the VBA editor? Any advice? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Mes...

Conditional null value

Rules Wizard does not open.
Hello all, I have a user that when he clicks the organize button and then when that expands out he trys to click the Rules Wizard button and nothing happens. Also Rules Wizard does not show up in the Tools menu. He is using Outlook 2002 SP-1. Does anyone have any clues? Thanks, Jay ...

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

conditionally restricting values in excel
Hello, I want to restrict values in a particular column based on the value in other column. For eg. if column A has value int then column B should be restricted to values 1,2,3,4,5 if column A has value bool then column B should be restricted to values true and false. if column A has value string I dont want any validation to be done and the list box should not appear. Is this possible..... How do I achieve this ? Can I use macros to do this? How? Thanks Hi as a starting point: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I want to restrict ...

outlook 2002 rules wizard #2
In Outlook 2002, I went to create a rule in the rules wizard. I created a rule based on content, which asked me to specify a word found in the heading and subject. I created rules to recognize the specific word "[spam]" in the heading and subject with an additional rule to place these e-mail in the "specific folder" I created called Spam. After I hit okay, I get a message that says, "a value in the rule description box has not been set. To set a value click on the underlined words in bottom of the rules wizard." When I click on the underlined word a...

auto sum function
I just realized my final sum changes if I use the "sort ascending" function..... How do I fix this ? thank u Hi where is your sum formula located? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I just realized my final sum changes if I use the "sort > ascending" function..... > > How do I fix this ? > > thank u Down a colum But also, i just found out info changes on each lines when i use the "sort ascending" tool... >-----Original Message----- >Hi >where is your sum formula located? &...

Conditional formating condition..?
Hi All I have 2 CF conditions associated with a cell (C14), one of which is: Formula is =OR($C$4="Fred SOMEBODY",C14<>"10:30:00") What happens when this is true isn't important/relevant. The value in the cell appears as 10:30 (formatted as custom/hh:mm) but the value in the 'formula window' is actually 10:30:00. This type of condition works fine when the cell contains a simple number (or text) but I can't get it to work for either times or dates. I have tried it with and without the inverted commas (around the time value) and have tried using 10:30 ...

chart conditional formatting
I have a line chart with 3 lines, red, blue and green. Is there any way I can conditionally format some, but not all, points on the red line to colour white - ie make them invisible. I have looked at Jon Peltier's site - he addresses conditional formatting - but cannot see a solution there. Thanks in advance to all who try to help. -- bob777 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488635 Hi, Ha...

Sum using a Vlookup
Hi, I'm looking for a way to make a sum of values in a column depending on the respective value of another column. Example: A1 = 1 A2 = 2 A3 = 1 B1 = 100 B2 = 300 B3 = 125 I'd like to be able to make a sum of B values when A values = 1. In that case, my sum would be 225. Thanks, Alex You can use SumIf. =SUMIF(A1:A3,1,B1:B3) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Alex Langlois" <alex.nospam@nospam.net> wrote in messa...

Condition Formatting!
How do I make a row of cell (shading) that change to red color when the word "trial" or "limit" is entered? i.e cell 3f contain the word "trial". From the column of trial to the 1st column, the entire row 3a to 3f will be red? a b c d e f 1 2 3 Trial 4 5 6 Here's some VBA you could paste into the codebehind page for that sheet: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If UCase(Target.Value) = "TRIAL" Or UCase(Target.Value) = "LIMIT" T...

Conditional Picture?
Does anybody knows how to insert one picture that changes without use intervention everytime the result of another cell changes? eg.: If the cell A1="Alex" the cell A2=Picture of Alex. Then if change the cell A1 to "Mike" the cell A2 displays the picture of Mike -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Alex This macro example from this group a long time ago you can use. The jpg files must have the same names as the number you type in cell "a1" Change the path to the files in the code. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab ...

Conditional Formatting for 4 conditions
How can I set up conditional formatting for the following: >3.5 = red 2.5 - 3.49 = yellow 2 - 2.49 = green <2 = blue Thanks, Steve Set all the cells to one of the colours that apply the 3 conditions to them via CF, effectively 4 colours. -- HTH Bob "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E34D7F5-545C-4177-83C7-93A735398F42@microsoft.com... > How can I set up conditional formatting for the following: > >>3.5 = red > 2.5 - 3.49 = yellow > 2 - 2.49 = green > <2 = blue > > Thanks, &...