conditional number formats

Does anyone know how to link the number format of a cell on the value of
another cell by using the custom number format tool and not VBA?

For example:

if cell A1 = "GBP" then value in cell B1 will be displayed as either "�
<value>" or "GBP <value>"

So if the user then enters "EUR" in cell A1, then B1 will automatically
change to either "� <value>" or "EUR <value>".

Thanks.

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You would need VBA for that.
--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"I_need_help >" <<I_need_help.10fq0m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to link the number format of a cell on the value of
> another cell by using the custom number format tool and not VBA?
>
> For example:
>
> if cell A1 = "GBP" then value in cell B1 will be displayed as either "�
> <value>" or "GBP <value>"
>
> So if the user then enters "EUR" in cell A1, then B1 will automatically
> change to either "? <value>" or "EUR <value>".
>
> Thanks.
>

> ---

terre08 (1112)
1/22/2004 2:00:01 PM
I_need_help <<I_need_help.10fq0m@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote in

> Does anyone know how to link the number format of a cell on the value
> of another cell by using the custom number format tool and not VBA?
>
> if cell A1 = "GBP" then value in cell B1 will be displayed as
> "GBP <value>"
>
> So if the user then enters "EUR" in cell A1, then B1 will automatically
> change to "EUR <value>".

You can do it if you set aside an additional cell for the calculated
result.

For instance
A1 is GBP
B1 is 200
C1 is =A1 & " " & B1
then hide column B and protect column C.

If you want something else, then create a table
EUR    	{euro symbol}
USD        $
JPY        {yen symbol}

and use VLOOKUP to get the appropriate symbol.

--
My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid.
Please remove them if you are not a spammer or list broker and want to

How can I number these pages?
I have a workbook with 30 sheets. Some sheet contains more pages t print. I have already made the setting print and the setting scale i not the same for all sheets. I would like to number (progressive number) and print all pages. Ex WS1 Page1, WS1 Page2, WS2 Page3... Someone can hepl me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Pippo, In File - Page Setup, the First Page Number should be set to Auto for all sheets. The pages wil now be sequential across all the sheets if all are printed in one command. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------...

The number of items that are marked as unread in an Exchange 2003 public folder is incorrect after applying SP1
We upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 few months ago. After the upgrade we faced the following problem: "The number of items that are marked as unread in an Exchange 2003 public folder is incorrect" After applying 836686 hotfix mentioned in the following article the problem get resolved. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836686 Last weekend we applied Exchange 2003 SP1 and the same problem has reoccurred. When we tried to reinstall the hotfix exchange doesn't and pops up the following error: "Setup has detected that the service pack version of the system installe...

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Format cells #7

Week Number
Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? MTIA Elwyn I've never used this function but I think this would work, perhaps someone else would comment, =WEEKNUM(E1-90) Regards, Alan. "elwyn" <elwyn.meredith@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:IY2dnTDiIIjC30zUnZ2dnUVZ8h-dnZ2d@bt.com... > Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week > 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? > > MTIA > > Elwyn ...

Query condition by date range

Conditional Field in Queries

How do I insert ISBN numbers starting with 0?
Hi Chris couple of ways select the range where the ISBN numbers are going into and choose format / cells - text or enter them using an ' in front of each one (e.g. '0123123213) the ' won't show when printed or viewed or enter them with spaces or non-numeric characters Let us know how you go Cheers JulieD "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F3E6FF7-F452-4F74-AD10-23B0D8A4325A@microsoft.com... > be a little respectful when asking for help. write the query in the body of the message. -- icestationzbra -------------------...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Number of contacts in crm
Is there an equivalent to the sql (select count(*) from table) in CRM -- Regards, Pedro Airó you can use the query class which uses fetch xml http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2crmqueryexecutequerymethod.asp -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Pedro Airo" <pedro_airo@netcabo.pt> wrote in message news:27E5C555-BAAE-4C4C-8F84-1DD204845F28@microsoft.com... > Is there an equivalent to the sql (select count(*) from table) in CRM > > -- > Regards, > Pedro Air� Yes, but where ...

insert number in column
I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensions. I want to insert a digit before the three throughout the column as the extension has been increased to 4 digits. Any easy way.../ Thanks. AFD Type 4000 in an unused cell, then Copy > it and highlight your list of 3 digit numbers and Right-click > PasteSpecial > Add.......this will place a "4" on the left end of each string. Instead of 4000, use 3000 or whatever the new digit is to be. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "afdmello" wrote: > I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensio...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

Custom Link for UPS tracking number?
Does anyone know the correct link for UPS to pull up tracking number info from sales orders? I've tried several that open the UPS site when I click on the tracking number link from SOP, but none that actaully fill in and pull up the tracking number entered on the order. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_12A27388 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jim, Thank you for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups! There is a way to have it automatically populated the tracking number on the web sites. When you set up your custom links web pag...

How to remove page numbers from the display?
I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this display of page number? This is a feature of View|Page Break Preview. Can you just go back to normal? View|Normal Dale Bedford wrote: > > I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle > of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this > display of page number? -- Dave Peterson Dale, You are most likely in the Page Brake Preview mode. To switch to the normal m...

footers and page numbers
Can you change the place at which a footer occurs on the page. I want mine to occur lower down. (pub 2007) Thanks. lindalou wrote: > Can you change the place at which a footer occurs on the page. I want mine to > occur lower down. (pub 2007) The "Footer" (just like the "Header") is merely a construct that Publisher creates to make Word users feel more comfortable. It is in fact a text box on your master page, movable and resizable just like any other object. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Conditional null value

Change "Text Numbers" to "Numbers"
Hello, Can you tell me how to (with a macro) change a range of cells that have text numbers to real numbers so I can use them in formulas and also have them show up as real numbers if I save the file as a .prn file. The range of cells begin in row 2 from column C through column AZ. I would really appreciate your help. I have spent days on this and I'm still lost. Thank You, Nichole Hi try the following: - set the format for these cells to a 'number' format' - select an empty cell and copy this cell - select your range of text numbers - goto 'Edit - Paste Special&#...

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...