Conditional linked files

Hi,

I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a
column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2"

However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data
which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using
pseudo code as follows.

If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that
the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file
but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all.

Any ideas?

Mark

--
madiba
madiba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29259

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Defraging a pst file
When I try to defrag my HD the pst file never defrags. Is there a way to force it to defrag the pst file? TIA Brian Defrag doesn't operate on files per se, it runs defragmentation of a disk, optimizing file storage by moving the little bits and pieces of files to contiguous spaces on the disk.. Database files, such as Access, Outlook, etc., need to be compacted/compressed to remove whitespace. You can compact your PST file by right-clicking on the top-level folder, going to properties, advanced, compact now... this will only make a difference if you've deleted a lot of items and ...

About opening .wmv files on MacBook laptop
I have a MacBook laptop computer. It is running OS X 10.4.11.............my friends often send me emails with .wmv files attached. I have not been able to open these files. Can anyone help me with what I would have to do to be able to open these windows files on my MacBook. Thank you "JMoore1142" wrote: > I have a MacBook laptop computer. It is running OS X 10.4.11.............my > friends often send me emails with .wmv files attached. I have not been able > to open these files. Can anyone help me with what I would have to do to be > able to open these windows files ...

Today Conditional Format

combine 4 file into one
I have one excel file. This file consists of Item Number, Description, Quantity, Unit Cost and Extended Value. I send this file to 4 users in various locations so they can open in the MS Excel. The users will count how many quantity they have for each Item number. The user then saves and sends the file back to me. My question is how do I combine four files from 4 users back into one file with the quantity update and other fields remain unchanged. For instant, User A count 4 for the item 12345, User B count 2 for the item 12345, User C count 1 and User D count 0. How do I combine 4 files f...

Display the complete URL instead of a link
Output from one of my software is in excel format. The results are something like Name Title ID source score ABC rock-n-roll 123 link 92 ABC2 rock-n-roll2 124 link 65 ABC3 rock-n-roll3 125 link 45 The "link" in the source column has the actual URL to that album or file. For further processing I need to import this file as a csv and I need the actual URL displayed in the source instead of the "link" word. For example the URL is www.somewebsite.com/documentID=AA1234 some basically I want something like ABC,rock-n-rol...

Publisher 2002 won't open or insert any pic files
Got new computer...running XP professional...reloaded my publisher 2002 and now it won't import any of my .eps, jpeg, files, etc. Dialog box comes up and asks what to convert the file from. It never did this before. Any ideas??? Have you installed the Publisher 2002 Service Releases. Sounds like you have not. go to http://officeupdate.microsoft.com -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>... > go to http://officeupdate.microsoft.com Or even to http://office.microsoft.com -- Ed Bennet...

Transferring mail files (dbx) from outlook express to outlook
Recently upgraded computer and need to transfer old mail in outlook express, .dbx files, to MS Outlook. How do I do that? Does OE currently recognize them? If so, you can use OE's File menu > Export command(s) "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017001c3a3d4$e1f770f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Recently upgraded computer and need to transfer old mail > in outlook express, .dbx files, to MS Outlook. How do I > do that? ...

Can t read mac-word files containing excel graphs on a PC
I am using microsoft Office X 10.1.4 on a powerbook G4 with operating system OS X 10.3.5 panther. I have created a graph in Excel on its own sheet (ie the one that contains the relevant data). I activate the graph, copy it to the clipboard, switch to Word and do a Paste Special, paste as image. So do I with all the excel graphs I want to insert into my word document (scientific report). The word document is saved under format "microsoft word document". I ve sent my word document to several colleagues who work on PCs. They all told me they could not see the excel graphs. They (the ...

Two Condition Vlookup?

when I open excel file,changes was undid-excel 2007, compatibility
I have a file that was made in excel 2007 working in compatibility mode and when I change format in some cell (for example font size), then I save changes and after reopen this fiel the changes was undid. Can some help me? Sorry for my english isn't very well -- thanks Pedro ...

Embedded Word files in Word files do not open...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have ~1000 pages of class notes that I put together in Word 2004 (and earlier) in which I embedded pictures that I created in a word document. (This was done via the &quot;Insert-Object-Word Document&quot; function.) When I try to open them in Word 2008, I get the spinning wheel of death. Any suggestions? I really need to be able to open them so that I can change things and improve the figures and notes. <br><br>I still have both Word 2004 and 2008 on the computer. (As well as XP with 2...

Query condition by date range

End User Recovery
Good Morning, Before DPM we used Shadow Copy on our windows servers. We were able to right click on a file or folder, pick previous versions and gain access to the shadow copies. Now that we have DPM, this seems to have changed. We can right click on a folder and see our previous versions, but if we try the same on a file we just get no previous versions available. Is this correct? Thanks Dear, If you go on a folder, you will always see "previous versions" A file will only show you "previous versions" if there are actually previous versions. ...

file browser dialog
Hi, I need an utility let me to browse local and network folders from access 2000 and return the 'file' selected from the user. I've found this http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0002.htm but return only folder name, not file name. what can I do? thanks. Max On Wed, 2 May 2007 16:03:42 +0200, "massimo" <cicciobello3@libero.it> wrote: >Hi, >I need an utility let me to browse local and network folders from access >2000 and return the 'file' selected from the user. >I've found this http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0002.htm but return onl...

Blocking File Attachments
Is is possible in Exchange 2003 to scan for and block certain file types or do I need a 3rd party program? (.exe or .zip, etc) -- DLove most AV products will allow you to do this...you do have Exchange-aware AV on the server/s, right? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dlove106" <dlove106@yahoo.com.donotspam> wrote in message news:098B8F61-69B7-4365-8A02-754D4C613891@microsoft.com... > Is is possible in Exchange 2003 to scan for and block certain file types or > do I need a 3rd party program? (.exe or .zip, etc) > -- > DLove Yes I do have exchange-aware AV, I was won...

Conditional Field in Queries

Custom Link for UPS tracking number?
Does anyone know the correct link for UPS to pull up tracking number info from sales orders? I've tried several that open the UPS site when I click on the tracking number link from SOP, but none that actaully fill in and pull up the tracking number entered on the order. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_12A27388 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jim, Thank you for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups! There is a way to have it automatically populated the tracking number on the web sites. When you set up your custom links web pag...

can't find desktop image file
The image file that I have displayed on the desktop is nowhere to be found. When I go to control panel/display/desktop/background ---- the image file is one of the choices in a drop down menu. I wish to copy this image file to another computer but I can't locate it on the computer?? I've tried a "search" but no luck. tuuf wrote: > The image file that I have displayed on the desktop is nowhere to be > found. When I go to control panel/display/desktop/background ---- the > image file is one of the choices in a drop down menu. I wish to copy > this i...

Link Order , CRT MFC
Hello, I'm getting a linking problem. nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)"(??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(new.obj) nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)"(??3@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgnew.obj) I googled a found that the cause is a wrong link order of the mfc and the crt lib. (I have to link static) How do I fix this problem, I mean how and where do I fix the link order in VC++ 2008. Sven Not sure about 2008, but in 2005 Project/Propert...

Word 2008 file error
I continue to get the same message...A file error occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted and not defective. (Normal.dotm) I have reinstalled office twice and continue to get this issue in Word. Any help???? What are you doing when this error comes up? Launching, opening a file? What happens after you hit OK to the error? Also, state version of Word and OS. Without such details, it's unlikely that anyone can help. jimriche@officeformac.com wrote: > I continue to get the same message...A file error occurred. Check your network connection...

Recovering replacement file
Is it possible to recover a file that was replaced? I deleted a document, went to the trashcan and hit recover, then realized I replaced it over the CORRECT document, is there any way to recover this or am I screwed? It was 15 excel pages!!! HELP!!! Hi Reen, Unless you have a backup you cannot recover it sorry "Reen" wrote: > Is it possible to recover a file that was replaced? I deleted a document, > went to the trashcan and hit recover, then realized I replaced it over the > CORRECT document, is there any way to recover this or am I screwed? It was > 15 exce...