Conditional Formatting - the date is between date A and date B

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work.  I would like to have
conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date
and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks
away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red.

Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba?  Also it
would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is
on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the
cell is fine.

Thanks

0
Nikki (101)
9/13/2007 4:10:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates with E2 as the active date
use formula is

=E2<TODAY()

click format button and select red font or pattern, click OK, now click add
and use

=E2>TODAY()+28

click format button and select yellow font or pattern

click add

and use

=AND(E2>+TODAY(),E2<=TODAY()+28)

repeat and select blue font/pattern then click OK twice

You might want to change the boundaries if you want exclude/include a date
or so

(meaning changing >= to > etc)

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work.  I would like to have
> conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays
> date
> and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks
> away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red.
>
> Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba?  Also it
> would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition
> is
> on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the
> cell is fine.
>
> Thanks

0
terre081 (3244)
9/13/2007 4:37:58 AM
Hi,

I don't quite understand sorry.  Which parts am I supposed to highligt?  I
had a list of dates with the first date in E2 and the last date in E10.  I
highlighted the list and then did the conditioning formatting.  Nothing has
changed tho so I must have done something wrong.

Any ideas?

Nikki

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates with E2 as the active date
> use formula is
>
> =E2<TODAY()
>
> click format button and select red font or pattern, click OK, now click add
> and use
>
> =E2>TODAY()+28
>

> click format button and select yellow font or pattern
>

> click add
>
> and use
>

> =AND(E2>+TODAY(),E2<=TODAY()+28)
>

> repeat and select blue font/pattern then click OK twice
>
> You might want to change the boundaries if you want exclude/include a date
> or so
>
> (meaning changing >= to > etc)
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work.  I would like to have
> > conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays
> > date
> > and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks
> > away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red.
> >
> > Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba?  Also it
> > would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition
> > is
> > on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the
> > cell is fine.
> >
> > Thanks

0
Nikki (101)

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

if statement with dates
I would like to hae a statement like: IF(A1>0,1/1/2004) interpreting 1/1/2004 as a date. EXCEL is doing the arithmetic and giving me the result of the division. I could figure the numeric date and do something like: IF (A1>0,37987) but that seems rather awkward. What else can I do. TIA Sanford Hi =IF(A1>DATE(2004,1,1),.... -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sanford Lefkowitz" <Sanford Lefkowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AA55C47A-5BF1-45A5-A6FB-D12E818AE4A9@microsoft.com... > I would like to hae a statement like: > IF(...

Query condition by date range

Format cells #7

Odd date problem
I'm reposting this as this is a very strange problem in Access. I'm using 2003. After my entry is an entry by missinglinq via AccessMonster.com who was able to reproduce the error. Looking forward to comments/fixes. Thanks, Rob I have the following in the DblClick event for the control CaseStart which is a date/time field. The problem is that once the control is double clicked the form remains in edit mode, even though I've told it not be editable. Additionally, when the control is double clicked, it shoudn't enter in the time until the Edit button has been clicked o...

how to convert date

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

How do a count dates?
In a specific cell, I am wanting to count a series of dates with each date less than NOW() to be worth +1 and each date equal to or more than NOW() to be worth 0. Thank you, Aviator =COUNTIF(Range,"<"&TODAY()) replace TODAY with NOW if you want to compare time as well as dates Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Aviator" wrote: > In a specific cell, I am wanting to count a series of dates with each date > less than NOW() to be worth +1 and each date equal to or more than NOW() to > be worth 0. > > Thank you, > > Aviator Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,&q...

Wrong "Today's Date"
I have Money 2003 and it is showing the incorrect date as the "Today's Date". It is exactly 1 month ahead, as today it is saying that it is September 7, 2003. This is causing most of my bills to show as overdue, even though they aren't due until the end of August. I don't know why it changed, but all I care about is fixing it. Can someone help? >-----Original Message----- >I have Money 2003 and it is showing the incorrect date as >the "Today's Date". It is exactly 1 month ahead, as today >it is saying that it is September 7, 2003....

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

Excel, Can the letter A B C on the columbs heading be changed?
Excel 2003 I want to put a woud were the columb letter is. can this be done You can put a word in Row 1 and leave the column letters alone. (You can actually hide the column letters and row numbers under tools|options|View tab, if you really want.) Paul fxb wrote: > > Excel 2003 I want to put a woud were the columb letter is. can this be done -- Dave Peterson Hi > (You can actually hide the column letters and row numbers under > tools|options|View tab, if you really want.) And then you can select A2 then and use Window>Freeze panes to freeze your new header -- Rega...

Localization Agentina
In the payments entry, the deferred check's due date can't be grather than 365 days after emition date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6018f7d4-cc2...

Formatting Imported Data
Hi, I want to be able to read in a single column of data from either an Excel file or from a column of a word document and then produce the same column of data so that each entry has two cells separating them. So that the column 1 2 3 would look like 1 empty cell empty cell 2 empty cell empty cell 3 I there a straightforward way I can do this in Excel w/o having to use some type of additional program (like VBA)? TIA, Matt Nothing straightforward that I can see. Without some manual arranging which would be onerous, you will be better off to use a VBA macro. Sub InsertRows22() Appli...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...